Miss Sascha Dua

Sascha Dua FRCS MD is a Consultant Breast Surgeon with specialist training in Oncoplastics, Breast reconstruction and a further higher specialism in cosmetics. Sascha went to medical school at Guys and St Thomas's (University of London) and undertook her higher surgical training at leading centres including 4 years at the Royal Marsden Hospital, where she won a scholarship to undertake a doctorate as the first surgical scientist at the Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, reknowned for its work on the BRCA2 gene and cancer genetics. Sascha was awarded the Raven Prize in Academic surgery for research in 2007, and have been a pure breast consultant since 2011 in Mid Essex Trust. I live in Goldhanger, Essex with my husband who is a barrister and our two-year old daughter Athene, and basset hound, Hilda! For private referrals, please contact Miss Chick on 01277 230440.

• Oncology

20th January 2019
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital

If you ever need a breast surgeon, Sascha Dua is your girl! You will be in extremely capable hands and I cannot recommend her highly enough. I was seen by Sascha as both an NHS patient and a private patient and her treatment and attitude were exactly the same. From my initial devastating diagnosis of breast cancer through chemotherapy and surgery ( I’m now awaiting radiotherapy) she has supported me with empathy, positivity, professionalism and an appropriate sense of humour. When she delivered the results of my biopsy her words “ treatable and curable” became my mantra throughout this difficult time when I was scared and very anxious. She was always available for me with reassuring (yet honest) words, responded promptly if I ever needed advice and allowed me to be involved in my treatment decisions. I had total confidence in her. She even went so far as to contact me during her holiday as well as seeing me on the day of my surgery ( both before and after my operation) and then calling in to see how I was on her day off. Her dedication to the profession is admirable but it’s her warmth and personality that shine through and make her the special person that she is.

13th January 2019
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital

I was supremely fortunate to have made an appointment to see Sascha at the Nuffield after being told that a breast biopsy carried out following a routine mammogram was likely to be sinister. From the get go she's professional but friendly ,great bedside manner(she should run courses for other doctors) , empathetic, doesn't patronise , tells you the situation as it is , drawing pictures to explain the medical issues ,is positive and told me what she would do .A bundle of energy. Results were ready when she told me they would be ie The cancer was diagnosed in days - not weeks. She organised more scans , another ultra-sound showed up an additional mass that had been missed so that too was biopsied and that too proved to be cancerous, she was there if I needed to talk about it -it just meant two lumpectomies and SNBs.-She has a super team and there was continuity of care with her radiologist throughout . No complaints whatsoever . If you need a breast surgeon I'd recommend Sascha every time . Oh and did I mention that she's a highly skilled surgeon and I had great results?

3rd January 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

I met Miss Dua after I was diagnosed with breast cancer by NHS and went to see her as a private patient. I was so distressed , in tears all the time and questioning my future. But Miss Dua gave me so much hope! She took the time to listen, to explain, to advise, to smile…. She made thinks look so much easier and less complicated that they really were.I knew exactly what my plan care was and what was going to happened. Her positive energy was so contagious! :) I am very grateful to Miss Dua and so lucky to have been in her care.

10th December 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital

After being diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer in October this year I made the right decision of choosing Sascha as my Consultant. I can honestly say that having to deal with such devastating news was made so much easier with Sascha and her team by my side. Sascha makes you feel like you are not just a patient but also a friend. E-mails, texts and phone calls were promptly replied to. It seemed that nothing was too much trouble. Sascha has such a warm, caring nature as well as a wicked sense of humour. It is difficult to express how lucky I have been to be in the capable hands of this wonderful, talented woman and her fantastic team. Thank you from the bottom of my heart x

5th December 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital

Sascha was absolutely amazing from the minute I’ve walked in the clinic for my first consultation to the very last check before my final discharge! She was absolutely outstanding not only for the fact that now my breast are gorgeous but also for the great advice regarding diet and exercise! I can’t stress enough how amazing was my whole experience! I didn’t felt any pain my scar started to fade after only 3 weeks and my breast look amazing! I would recommend Sascha to any woman out there that is planning to have breast surgery...she is the best in the game! Thank you also to all the amazing nurses and staff that looked after me on the day of my surgery and made it feel like a holiday!

Short link to review Miss Sascha Dua: http://iwgc.net/efhrp