Miss Sarah Caukwell

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

27th September 2016
Written by a patient at Derriford Hospital

I have recently been into my local NHS run hospital for a full hysterectomy. My consultant who I had seen a couple of times and had referred me for this procedure had left the area and so my first meeting with my new consultant, Miss Caukwell, was on the day of the surgery. I only wish she had been my consultant throughout the whole journey. Miss Caukwell was a breath of fresh air. She spoke to me about the procedure, the expectations, my recovery and checked I was happy and understood everything. When she came so see me before I discharged from the ward Miss Caukwell spent some time talking to me. Just being normal. In a world where people are rushing around and Doctors especially are incredibly busy, this was such a small gesture which made me feel important. It made the whole thing into a better experience and I thank her for it. If you are lucky enough to be under her care, then know that you will be cared for by a great Doctor.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists