Miss Rowena Umaar

1 2 3 4 5 1 review

Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital
1st October 2020

She didn't introduce herself at all, or speak to me throughout the whole procedure. Needless to say, she didn't say goodbye either. only 2 sutures were inserted (I've worked in Surgical Nursing many years), where I thought there should have been 3 sutures. The first night, I noticed excessive bleeding through the bandage, took the bandage down and as well as blood oozing from the wound, a suture had fallen out, which I was appalled at. I closed the wound adequately, myself, with butterfly sutures. In the following weeks, I removed the remaining suture at 12 days post-op and, thankfully, the wound was healing well. However, pain and stiffness was a problem, but I acknowledged that it was still early in my post-op recovery re: swelling, pain and difficulty moving my finger. I searched which physiotherapy was pertinent to optimal trigger finger surgical release. Now, 6 weeks post-op, I have neuropathic pain along the length of my ring finger, radiating into my little finger, occasionally radiating into the middle finger also. Stiffness remains a significant problem, causing, in my opinion, excessive pain. This is a major problem as, now unable to work due to fibromyalgia, my hands are the only limbs I can use, even despite osteoarthritis in my wrists and fingers. The only hobby I can enjoy is needlework (sewing, knitting, crochet, some pottery) I am VERY disappointed.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery