miss-rachel-holt

Written by a private patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
12th February 2021

Rachel has been amazing. Very caring and understanding. I could not recommend her enough

5th January 2021

I cannot recommend Dr Holt highly enough. She has a brilliant way with her patients, guiding me through from consultation process to morning of the op, and after! She took the time to explain things and help me reach the best solution for me. A solution some other surgeons refused to do. (I wanted a replacement of existing implants but with smaller implants plus a lift. Others I spoke with wouldn’t commit to going smaller and still guarantee good results.) Well Dr holt gave me amazing results! Far far exceeding even my hopes. (Which were high. I think one goes into this expecting the best.) Size and shape are fantastic (including some incredible nipple work I couldn’t have even dreamed of) and the scaring is much better now 5months post surgery, than my 1st augmentation was a year after. A true testament to Dr Holts skills. You honestly will not be disappointed if you choose Dr Holt and like me will probably be quite sad when you no longer have to have regular check ups with her. She is a ray of light!

21st December 2020

I cannot recommend Rachel Holt highly enough and found her to be an excellent surgeon. Having found out I had breast cancer, I required a mastectomy and was able to have an immediate reconstruction, which I opted for. I was uncertain whether a DIEP reconstruction was available and initially decided, to have an implant reconstruction. However, I felt apprehensive that I had not fully explored all my options and contacted Rachel's practice about the DIEP procedure. They could not have been more helpful and Rachel very kindly agreed to see me urgently as I had surgery already booked. From the first time I met Rachel, she was extremely professional but also friendly, approachable and easy to talk to. Rachel talked me through all the reconstruction options available to me and their associated 'pros and cons'. She talked me through the DIEP operation and respective recovery process in detail and checked my suitability for the operation. Rachel confirmed our discussion in writing and I reflected on my options. Although I had some concerns about the longer recovery time and greater surgery involved with a DIEP, I felt it was the right procedure for me and after much thought I decided to go with Rachel for the DIEP. I am delighted that I did! I was 100% confident in Rachel and she made me feel comfortable at every point about the surgery. Rachel always responded promptly to me and answered any questions or concerns of mine. After the operation, Rachel saw me each morning in hospital. Between Rachel and the fabulous team of nurses at The Alexandra hospital Cheadle, I could not have been better looked after. My recovery was much quicker than I anticipated. Initially, there was some inevitable pain but that eased quickly with the physio exercises and everything healed rapidly. I am now 7 weeks post op and my scars are healing brilliantly and my reconstructed breast looks incredible! I have been out walking, jogging and enjoying many of my normal pre-op activities. I have seen Rachel a number of times post-op and she has continued to be supportive and explain the recovery process to me. I would recommend Rachel as a surgeon to anyone considering reconstructive surgery to discuss and and understand their options. She is warm, supportive, honest and professional at all times.

21st December 2020

Rachel has been an absolute blessing, words don't exist to explain what Rachel has given me!

27th November 2020

My experience with Rachel as my surgeon was excellent. I had to have my implants replaced after 20 years and it was not something I was looking forward to, in terms of an operation at 43 and a change in aesthetics. Rachel put me at ease from the minute I met her and the day of the operation, I had no doubt I was in the best hands. I was not nervous at all. Her confidence and as well as her understanding of how I felt was rewarded in my absolute trust in her. She is great, very professional and always smiling too! Highly highly recommended. I am very happy with the results.

• Plastic surgery