miss-rachel-holt

30th March 2021

Dr Rachel Holt performed my tummy tuck eight weeks ago to remove an unsightly laparotomy scar that ran vertically down through my belly button. The results are excellent! My abs are tight, the scar is thin and healing well, and I love my new belly button. Dr Holt is a true master of her craft with an excellent bedside manner. The hospital staff are lovely, and the whole experience was positive. I would highly recommend Dr Holt and her hospital team.

28th February 2021

I am currently 2 weeks post op after an abdominoplasty conducted by Dr Rachel Holt and I can honestly say it was the best decision I have ever made in my life. From the very first consultation, I knew that it was Rachel I wanted to put my trust in to perform this procedure. Rachel made me feel completely at ease from the offset when discussing a topic extremely sensitive to me. Rachel listened to my situation and questions and offered clear, knowledgeable advice. Throughout the whole process Rachel made me feel heard, and was contactable for any queries or concerns. The team at the hospital were absolutely fantastic and Rachel's calm and confident approach made me feel at ease going into the surgery. The surgery went extremely well, and I have been absolutely amazed with the results each day after. Rachel's drain less technique has made the recovery so much easier and her work is absolutely impecible, the scar that is forming is so much smaller and neater than I imagined. I am so unbelievably amazed by my results and how smooth this process has been. I am so grateful to Rachel and her team for changing my life in what has been both a physical and mental transformation. I would recommend Rachel to all of my friends and family.

12th February 2021

Rachel has been amazing. Very caring and understanding. I could not recommend her enough

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
5th January 2021

I cannot recommend Dr Holt highly enough. She has a brilliant way with her patients, guiding me through from consultation process to morning of the op, and after! She took the time to explain things and help me reach the best solution for me. A solution some other surgeons refused to do. (I wanted a replacement of existing implants but with smaller implants plus a lift. Others I spoke with wouldn’t commit to going smaller and still guarantee good results.) Well Dr holt gave me amazing results! Far far exceeding even my hopes. (Which were high. I think one goes into this expecting the best.) Size and shape are fantastic (including some incredible nipple work I couldn’t have even dreamed of) and the scaring is much better now 5months post surgery, than my 1st augmentation was a year after. A true testament to Dr Holts skills. You honestly will not be disappointed if you choose Dr Holt and like me will probably be quite sad when you no longer have to have regular check ups with her. She is a ray of light!

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
21st December 2020

I cannot recommend Rachel Holt highly enough and found her to be an excellent surgeon. Having found out I had breast cancer, I required a mastectomy and was able to have an immediate reconstruction, which I opted for. I was uncertain whether a DIEP reconstruction was available and initially decided, to have an implant reconstruction. However, I felt apprehensive that I had not fully explored all my options and contacted Rachel's practice about the DIEP procedure. They could not have been more helpful and Rachel very kindly agreed to see me urgently as I had surgery already booked. From the first time I met Rachel, she was extremely professional but also friendly, approachable and easy to talk to. Rachel talked me through all the reconstruction options available to me and their associated 'pros and cons'. She talked me through the DIEP operation and respective recovery process in detail and checked my suitability for the operation. Rachel confirmed our discussion in writing and I reflected on my options. Although I had some concerns about the longer recovery time and greater surgery involved with a DIEP, I felt it was the right procedure for me and after much thought I decided to go with Rachel for the DIEP. I am delighted that I did! I was 100% confident in Rachel and she made me feel comfortable at every point about the surgery. Rachel always responded promptly to me and answered any questions or concerns of mine. After the operation, Rachel saw me each morning in hospital. Between Rachel and the fabulous team of nurses at The Alexandra hospital Cheadle, I could not have been better looked after. My recovery was much quicker than I anticipated. Initially, there was some inevitable pain but that eased quickly with the physio exercises and everything healed rapidly. I am now 7 weeks post op and my scars are healing brilliantly and my reconstructed breast looks incredible! I have been out walking, jogging and enjoying many of my normal pre-op activities. I have seen Rachel a number of times post-op and she has continued to be supportive and explain the recovery process to me. I would recommend Rachel as a surgeon to anyone considering reconstructive surgery to discuss and and understand their options. She is warm, supportive, honest and professional at all times.

• Plastic surgery