« 1 2 3 4 5 »

20th May 2018
Written by a patient at Furness General Hospital

April 13th I was shocked to learn I had bowel cancer following a colonoscopy, I am a normal healthy 76 year old with no symptoms other than a low iron count following a routine blood test. Miss Patel explained what needed to be done and reassured me that she could do this. Following the CT scan I was further shocked to learn all of my stomach (hiatus hernia) was in my chest cavity and was twisted, also my gall bladder was full of stones. This required 3 major operations at the same time. Miss Patel conveyed her confidence to be able achieve this successfully and the operation was arranged speedily for May 7th with Mr Ball who would operate on the stomach and Miss Patel the gall bladder and bowel. Following the 8 hour operation Miss Patel phoned my wife personally to her know that the operation went very well. MY recovery has been astounding, and all the time I was kept pain free. 13 days on I am eating normally and taking my usual 2 walks a day, I have been shopping today at the supermarket. I am now free of bowel cancer, my stomach is repaired and gall bladder resolved. Miss Patel was always available and certainly cares, knowing how to look after her patients and their relatives. If I could award Dame hoods, Miss Patel would receive one from me! Wonderful surgeon, I couldn't have received better professional care. The care from nurses need a mention too, so professional and compassionate!

27th March 2018
Written by a patient at Furness General Hospital

Miss Patel gave me my life back what a wonderful surgeon she is do dedicated to all her patients many thanks

13th February 2017
Written by a patient at Furness General Hospital

Miss Patel is a dedicated lady who gave me 100% care. She explained all the procedures to me and made me feel at ease. She visited me on her day off and also on a bank holiday. I could not have been under a more profession person . Unfortunately after I was discharged from hospital I had to be re admitted, but this was through no fault of the nursing staff or Miss Patel. The staff on PPU and ward 5 were excellent and hard working.

30th November 2016
Written by a patient at Furness General Hospital

I was admitted to Furness General hospital on 7th Oct 2016 with a gall bladder problem Miss Patel operated on me the following day The operation although a bit more complicated than keyhole surgery was carried out successfully and the post op care I was given by Miss Patel and her team was excellent In addition all staff on Ward 5 and PPU gave me 1st class treatment during my stay

19th October 2016
Written by a patient at Furness General Hospital

Very worried was put at ease by Miss Patel. Examination was thorough and tests still to come. very satisfied.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »