miss-noriko-suzuki

Written by a NHS patient at St Mark's Hospital
10th October 2021

What an amazing lady! I was lucky enough to be referred as an NHS patient to Dr Suzuki with a suspicious sessile polyp, having refused resection with (probably reversible) stoma. I was told the two biopsies I had were carried out on small amounts of tissue due to inaccessibility of the site and both had shown no malignancy but my consultant felt the polyp must be removed and biopsied fully. On 27.08.21 Dr Suzuki removed the polyp using esd. The procedure was quick and painless and she managed to remove the whole polyp in one piece. Biopsy showed minute cancer cells in the centre of the polyp and Dr Suzuki recommended monitoring going forward. Dr Suzuki is not only an excellent, accomplished surgeon, she is kind, reassuring, gentle, respectful and extremely humble. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

Written by a NHS patient at St Mark's Hospital
30th August 2021

I had the pleasure of being seen by this amazing lady. I’ve had many colonoscopies and this was the best I’ve had. Even with sedation I felt nothing, it was not uncomfortable in the slightest. My previous experiences were listened to and I didn’t even feel the cannula go in. Dr Suzuki is magic!

• Gastroenterology

Dr Suzuki is a specialist endoscopist working at Wolfson Unit for Endoscopy, St Mark's Hospital. Her special interest are in bowel cancer screening, treatment of precancerous lesion in the gut (in oesophagus, stomach and bowel), endoscopic management in inflammatory bowel disease. Currently she is NICE advisory member for endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) /colorectal lesion and clinical and training lead in ESD interest group. She is also International comittee member in Japanese society of gastroenterological endoscopy.

Nearest Gastroenterologists