Mrs Maya Harris

I am a urologist specialising in diagnosis and treatment of prostate diseases, bladder dysfunction, urinary tract infection and kidney stones. Please visit my website at http://www.urologistmaya.co.uk/ and my profile at http://www.birminghamprostateclinic.co.uk/our-team/maya-harris/

« 1 2 3 4 »

28th August 2019
Written by a patient at The Warwickshire Nuffield Hospital

It is now nearly 2 years since Mrs H operated on my prostate after I had gone into total urinary retention. I have waited all this time because I wanted to be sure of the longer term effects, especially as I had a failed urolift a few months earlier. I have to say I have had no problems whatever since the Turp - no problems passing water, no continenence issues, no discomfort, no particular urgency problems. Basically, I feel as though I am back to where I was 20 years ago - I just wish the rest of my body could be dialled back in the same way!

22nd May 2019
Written by a patient at Warwick Hospital

No adverse comments. Researched doctor before meeting her and spoke to others that had had the benefit of her attention.

14th February 2019
Written by a member of staff at Warwick Hospital

Sorry I have no knowledge of this doctor - the web form brought me here and I can't continue without writing something ...

3rd October 2018
Written by a patient at Warwick Hospital

Received excellent care and management over the last few months while being treated for multiple kidney stones. Mrs Harris has been fantastic and I have felt involved throughout my treatment. She is highly professional and caring in her approach.Also a credit to her are her team of junior doctors.In particular Dr I J Ikoro who was a supporting figure from day 1. She was very efficient with a good , friendly bedside manner. I would definitely recommend Mrs Harris.

23rd July 2018
Written by a patient at The Warwickshire Nuffield Hospital

I was recommended to go to Mrs Harris by a friend after she performed a successful Urolift on him. Unfortunately, my Urolift was unsuccessful, and within a few months I was in retention and Mrs H had to perform an emergency supra-pubic catheterisation at Nuffield Hospital. Subsequently, she performed the standard Green Light procedure, which (after a complication over one of my ureters, which required rehospitalisation), seems to have been very successful. Six months have now elapsed, and I am very happy with the outcome. Most nights, I get up once or twice at most, often sleeping straight through. I void with no difficulty at all, and frequency is no more than it was when I was a youngster. In fact, I feel as though my waterworks are functioning the way they did 30 years ago! I just hope it lasts! I would certainly recommend Mrs Harris. She seems to be a very conscientious caring sort of person, and as far as I can tell, a highly competent experienced surgeon, ever ready to make the effort to keep up to date with the latest developments in her specialism.

« 1 2 3 4 »