Mrs Maya Harris

I am a urologist specialising in diagnosis and treatment of prostate diseases, bladder dysfunction, urinary tract infection and kidney stones. Please visit my website at http://www.urologistmaya.co.uk/ and my profile at http://www.birminghamprostateclinic.co.uk/our-team/maya-harris/

« 1 2 3 4 »

11th December 2019

Came to see Ms Harris about very frequent, extremely painful bladder infection which completely control my life and make me unable to do many things, including work and study, i missed so much school with the infections that I am having to retake my alevels .Ms Harris told me that its just something I have to deal with and live with (bearing in mind im 18), without running any tests. I have since gone to a different urologist who has been extremely helpful and is working towards a solution.

28th August 2019

It is now nearly 2 years since Mrs H operated on my prostate after I had gone into total urinary retention. I have waited all this time because I wanted to be sure of the longer term effects, especially as I had a failed urolift a few months earlier. I have to say I have had no problems whatever since the Turp - no problems passing water, no continenence issues, no discomfort, no particular urgency problems. Basically, I feel as though I am back to where I was 20 years ago - I just wish the rest of my body could be dialled back in the same way!

Written by a patient at Warwick Hospital
22nd May 2019

No adverse comments. Researched doctor before meeting her and spoke to others that had had the benefit of her attention.

Written by a patient at Warwick Hospital
3rd October 2018

Received excellent care and management over the last few months while being treated for multiple kidney stones. Mrs Harris has been fantastic and I have felt involved throughout my treatment. She is highly professional and caring in her approach.Also a credit to her are her team of junior doctors.In particular Dr I J Ikoro who was a supporting figure from day 1. She was very efficient with a good , friendly bedside manner. I would definitely recommend Mrs Harris.

23rd July 2018

I was recommended to go to Mrs Harris by a friend after she performed a successful Urolift on him. Unfortunately, my Urolift was unsuccessful, and within a few months I was in retention and Mrs H had to perform an emergency supra-pubic catheterisation at Nuffield Hospital. Subsequently, she performed the standard Green Light procedure, which (after a complication over one of my ureters, which required rehospitalisation), seems to have been very successful. Six months have now elapsed, and I am very happy with the outcome. Most nights, I get up once or twice at most, often sleeping straight through. I void with no difficulty at all, and frequency is no more than it was when I was a youngster. In fact, I feel as though my waterworks are functioning the way they did 30 years ago! I just hope it lasts! I would certainly recommend Mrs Harris. She seems to be a very conscientious caring sort of person, and as far as I can tell, a highly competent experienced surgeon, ever ready to make the effort to keep up to date with the latest developments in her specialism.

« 1 2 3 4 »