Mrs Maya Harris

I am a urologist specialising in diagnosis and treatment of prostate diseases, bladder dysfunction, urinary tract infection and kidney stones. Please visit my website at http://www.urologistmaya.co.uk/ and my profile at http://www.birminghamprostateclinic.co.uk/our-team/maya-harris/

2nd August 2016
Written by a patient at The Warwickshire Nuffield Hospital

Having suffered from an enlarged prostate for over 12 years, I consulted Mrs. Harris a few months ago about the possibility of having a Urolift procedure as I had read that it is a minimally invasive procedure. She treated me with the greatest professionalism throughout and, after she had carried out a number of tests to see if I were suitable for the procedure, I had the surgery at Warwick Nuffield Health Hospital in June of this year. She explained the procedure to me in detail and was really excellent at following up my post-operative progress. Her whole approach is patient-centred and kind hearted. My progress has been excellent and even just a month or so after the procedure I am now almost entirely free of the symptoms which had been making life quite difficult for some time. My post-operative test results and review with Mrs. Harris showed that my condition has improved enormously. I now sleep through almost every night, and no longer have to plan my life round visits to the toilet. I have also been able to stop taking the medications which I had been taking for prostatic enlargement. These medications had had a variety of undesirable side-effects for me, and it is really good not to have to take them anymore. She and her team provided me with excellent care, and would not hesitate to recommend others with this problem to seek her advice. With many thanks, Peter Morgan

12th November 2015
Written by a patient at Warwick Hospital

Maya Harris from the outset displayed great professionalism in every aspect of care that she afforded me. Firstly, despite the sensitive nature of my medical problem, she put me at ease taking time to listen attentively as I described the issue. Maya then took the time to confirm all that I had described in order to have absolute clarity. After discussion of previous medical history a thorough and careful medical examination took place and a scan and tests organised at the time of examination. The tests were conducted within a very short time frame and a date for surgery was set. Maya Harris explained in depth what she planned to do and what she expected to find. Surgery went ahead as scheduled and she explained with great care how to manage the immediate post operative issues likely to occur. Her skill as a surgeon and empathetic approach combined to ensure the very highest of quality care. Maya is also blessed with a brilliant sense of humour that had the effect of relaxing me prior to surgery, I cannot thank her enough for the comprehensive package of care she provided. As for suggested improvements...well...difficult to improve upon perfection. Incidentally her theatre team were absolutely superb. John Peter Christian 12-11-2015

2nd November 2015
Written by a patient at Warwick Hospital

I have broken my back twice and for many years all the frequent pains in my torso have been assumed to stem from these old injuries. Mrs Harris suspected, and then proved, that much of my discomfort was due to a failing kidney. It has now been removed and my life has been transformed. Arising from that kidney problem I still have some residual problems of bladder control and am very happy that Mrs Harris will continue to supervise any treatment. Keith Hainsworth

7th November 2015
Response from Mrs Maya Harris

Many thanks for your kind words and I am glad that you are doing well.

23rd August 2015
Written by a patient at Warwick Hospital

Fantastic service, completely personalised. I didn't feel as if I was a number in the large corporate machine with Mrs Harris. Thank you.

12th August 2015
Written by a patient at Warwick Hospital

After taking various tablets from my GP in an attempt to ease my condition I was eventually offered an appointment with Mrs Harris, who was very sympathetic and explained ways as to how my problem could be alleviated. Different procedures were suggested and explained. I chose to have the "urolift" op as this seemed the most simple and less intrusive alternative. This procedure was carried out quickly and under a general anaesthetic and I did not experience any postoperative complications. It has taken a while for things to settle down but I am now more than happy with the outcome and my toilet visits during the night are now minimal! I would not hesitate in recommding Mrs Harris to anyone suffering with a similar condition.

Nearest Urologists