Mrs Maya Harris

I am a urologist specialising in diagnosis and treatment of prostate diseases, bladder dysfunction, urinary tract infection and kidney stones. Please visit my website at http://www.urologistmaya.co.uk/ and my profile at http://www.birminghamprostateclinic.co.uk/our-team/maya-harris/

16th December 2017
Written by a patient at Warwick Hospital

Mrs Harris is more like a friend than a Dr and I am very grateful for her treatment.

31st October 2017
Written by a patient at Warwick Hospital

Doesn't want to listen to you and backs up other Consultants when things don't go right. Makes up matters which were never discussed and passes on confidential information which clearly said, only for the recipient . Only interested in her views and in my situation won't reply to any letters and communicate.

20th September 2017
Written by a patient at The Warwickshire Nuffield Hospital

Having turned 60 I was increasingly suffering from the symptoms of Benign prostate enlargement (BPE) I did some research and found an amazing new technique from the US called UROLIFT which in turn led me to find Maya Harris Maya Harris has a fantastic patient manner, even putting me at ease with her warm, friendly, sense of humour seconds before the commencement of a cystoscopy. She has considerable expertise in urology methods old and brand new (as in the end I required a 'hybrid' combination of some tissue removal together with the minimally invasive 'stent' method of holding the prostate apart. Mrs Harris travelled to a Urolift seminar in the US shortly before my procedure and spent time asking many of her experience US peers for additional advice on my requirements. The procedure was very successful and Mrs Harris even gave me her personal mobile number in order to be able keep in touch over the weeks leading up to the six-week final consultation and sign off. Displaying much patience with my many texted questions regarding aspects of my recovery. All of my symptoms have gone and my life from that perspective has been turned around and a new lease of life delivered. I would strongly recommend Mr Maya Harris to anyone going through a similar experience - Phil Hall

5th September 2017
Written by a patient at Warwick Hospital

Appointment was cancelled four times. Mrs Harris did listen to me about wanting the least evasive surgery.

28th April 2017
Written by a patient at Warwick Hospital

No 'bedside manner' whatsoever. Very abrupt and I felt she had no time to listen to me. Perhaps her private patients took priority. After one of my procedures I was left in extreme pain and I felt that she did not care and she thought I was making it up. I had a stent inserted and when it came to removing it she said 'I could do it myself'. In fact, one of the nurses on the Ward helped me. After having another stent inserted on a second occasion, she removed it on the ward with no pain relief and she literally just yanked it out. To say it was painful is an understatement and the nurse noted this and thankfully gave me some oramorph. I will need ongoing care, but will ask to be referred to another specialist next time.

18th July 2017
Response from Mrs Maya Harris

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you had bad experience with me. I always strive to look after my patients to best of my ability both on NHS and in the private sector and your review is the evidence that I do not always succeed. I will reflect on it and will try harder in the future. Kind regards Maya

Nearest Urologists