miss-lisa-sacks

8th June 2021

In 2007, just months after the birth of my second baby, I underwent breast augmentation (with 320cc Allergan textured implants). I was 40 years old, insecure and unhappy with my body in general and so I went under the knife in search of a boost to my self esteem. I had adequate breast tissue but like I said, I wanted a boost. The procedure was carried out by a reputable surgeon and I was delighted with the result. My new breasts were shapely, full and added an exciting postpartum kick to my marriage. However, as lovely as they looked on the outside, they still didn't really make me feel any better on the inside. I wasn't ever truly at ease in public with my implants and didn't once admit openly to any of my friends or family that I had undergone breast augmentation, in fact I would just maintain they were the end result of childbirth! As the years unfolded and I put on weight, so too did my breasts grow in size and it was this, combined with the Allergan breast implant cancer scare and the increasingly negative way I had begun to view myself with the implants that finally led me to decide enough was enough, I wanted them out! I didn't return to my original surgeon for various reasons and after much research online, I met with Bristol based surgeon Lisa Sacks. I liked her from the offset and even though I was prepared for any outcome having looked at so many before and after images of women aged 50 plus having their implants removed after 14 years or so, I was absolutely over the moon with the end result. When I looked in the mirror for the first time post-op (capsulectomy) and saw my old boobs, I was pleasantly surprised. They weren't that bad, they were quite good, in fact they looked bloody great and I cannot thank Lisa enough. Any physical pain and discomfort I have felt since having the implants removed or frustrations suffered because of Covid restrictions has been minimal in comparison to how I feel now: free, positive and more importantly, happy with what I see. I only wished I had met with Lisa all those years ago as she may well have told me to go away and think again before going under the knife! From the very beginning she was frank and honest, professional throughout, available throughout and the service her and her team including Liana provided and continue to provide post operatively (lifelong if you need it) has been exemplary yet really friendly and caring. Lisa's skill as a surgeon and person is quite unique I feel and I am so glad I carried out my research and came across her. I live in Cornwall and would have glady travelled much further afield for her care and attention. I really cannot recommend her and her team highly enough.

30th March 2021

As soon as I met Dr Lisa Sacks I immediately new that I was in safe and confident hands. She had come highly recommended - and I was not disappointed. She speaks with passion and confidence in her surgical ability and although I was nervous going into the operation I felt that I was going to be cared for well. Her immediate after care is also excellent - texting and following up on a daily basis for 2 weeks. She also made it clear that if I had any concerns or queries post operation I could contact her. Which I did!

31st January 2021

I had my tummy tuck with Lisa 3 months ago, and am over the moon with my results. I'm 37 and have 2 boys (4 and 7 ). My tummy muscles separated after my first pregnancy, leaving me with two bulges on my tummy no matter how much i exercised. I was still only size 8-10; but seeing my tummy was upsetting me every single day. Finally, when our youngest was 4, and my husband and I decided that our family was complete, I decided to do something about it. I found Lisa thanks to all the wonderful reviews on this and other websites. She was not the nearest surgeon to me (she is in Bristol and I am in Hertfordshire, so it's 2.5hrs by car or train each way!). But because most consultations were online, I found this very manageable; and only had to travel to Bristol 3 times (one for pre-op consultation; one for surgery and one for 2 weeks post-op check-up). Lisa was on hand via Whatsapp all times day and night; so I did not at all feel unsafe not living in Bristol. We also had regular Zoom follow-ups, in which I could raise any concerns (if I had any). I was terribly anxious before the op, but it all went very well; and I could feel my corset-like repaired abs on the evening of the surgery. My recovery went smoothly; I was working from home 2 weeks after surgery; and now 3 months on I am back to doing karate, yoga as well HIIT and weights. Aesthetically, my tummy looks even better than I expected. Bulges on the stomach and wrinkly skin have gone. I now have a definitive hourglass shape, something that I didn't expect. My tummy is super flat - it no longer sags to the floor when I do plank and no longer hangs over the top of my trousers, skirts, etc. This has given me enormous confidence - I can wear cropped tops (which I didn't do even when I was a teenager!); I no longer turn off the light when I am intimate with my husband; I am also more motivated to eat well and exercise as it makes tummy result even better. To summarise I am super pleased with my results. Lisa is a fantastic surgeon - I followed her instructions to the letter, and she created a result that far exceeded my expectations. She is also wonderful and caring person; once you meet her you make a friend for life.

30th January 2021

Vertical Breast Reduction Oct 2020 (36GG to 34DD) Age 56 - The only regret I have is that I didn't find Lisa and do this decades ago! A bit about me: From my teenage years my breasts had been the bane of my life. They were large and pendulous. No matter how much weight I lost or how much exercise I tried to do nothing changed. My shoulders had dents where my bra straps were holding the weight of my breasts. My breasts hurt when I exercised and even a brisk walk could cause discomfort. My posture was not great either. I found shopping for clothes a nightmare as my frame was often a size 12/14 but because of the size of my breasts I would need to buy a 16/18 in a top or a dress which made me look much larger than I was. Basically, I felt that all people saw was my breasts. For many years I wanted to have a breast reduction procedure, but the timing was never right and/or I did not have the finance readily available. I am an anxious person, so it needed to be right for me to go ahead. I made myself a promise that I would do the necessary research and go ahead with this as soon as I retired. Surgery: I decided to retire early and late 2019 I fixed the date for April 2020. As soon as that decision was made, I started my research. Once I came across Lisa’s profile and read all the information and reviews pertaining to her, I knew that I wanted Lisa to carry out my operation using the vertical scar technique. Pre surgery I lost approximately 1½ stone - none of it from my breasts! Little did I know that I had decided to undergo this procedure in the middle of a global pandemic! However, Lisa and her manager, Liana are such kind and caring ladies who made me feel supported throughout. I met Lisa via two Zoom consultations and once in person before my surgery. She was professional and approachable giving me much needed confidence. My regular follow-ups have been carried out over Zoom due to the pandemic which is very convenient for me as Bristol is over an hour from where I live. Lisa listened, understood my anxieties and discussed my expectations with me. She has an eye for proportions which gives her the ability to bring about amazing results that I could never have imagined. Lisa is only ever a message or call away and I know she will always be there if I have any questions or issues. A bit about me now: I look in the mirror and can see my torso and rib cage – AMAZING!!! I am 3 months post op and I feel fabulous. No pain when I exercise, my weight loss that no one seemed to see before the operation is now noticed by everyone I meet. I stand taller and have no discomfort from my bra. Following surgery I’ve lost almost ½ stone and I’m an off the peg size 12. My confidence has been boosted ten-fold and exercising is painless. This surgery was 100% worth the expense and the small amount of discomfort that came with it. Lisa and her team at the Nuffield are second to none and I would thoroughly recommend Lisa to anyone who is looking to have this surgery.

28th January 2021

I had my breast reduction age 21 and haven’t looked back since! I went from a 34G to a 34D and having suffered from back and shoulder pain, difficulty exercising and body insecurities. My posture improved almost immediately, and once I recovered I found I could run again with no pain and shopping for new clothes is so much more enjoyable! I’ve always been quite active through rowing, but I’m now the fittest I’ve ever been and even signed up for a half marathon, which never would have been possible before! Lisa was absolutely incredible throughout the experience from the first consultation to the regular follow-up appointments. She does everything possible to get the best result for you, I felt very comfortable and trusted her completely!

• Plastic surgery