Miss Laura Johnson

Laura Johnson was appointed as a Consultant oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgeon at St Bartholomew’s Hospital in 2016. She completed her undergraduate training at Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas’ Medical School in 2004, before returning to undertake her doctoral thesis. Her MD involved research into a novel magnetic technique for sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancer and was awarded in 2012. Her postgraduate training concluded with a training interface group (TIG) national oncoplastic fellowship at the Royal Marsden Hospital. Laura also holds a post-graduate certificate in medical education and is a faculty member for a number of post-graduate courses including the Master’s degree in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery. She has a special interest in implant associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) and is collecting and managing the UK series of this rare disease. She has presented this data nationally and internationally and, working alongside the Association of Breast Surgeons, continues to raise awareness of it (including collaborating with the MHRA). Laura believes in tailoring care for each individual patient by using the best available evidence to identify a range of suitable treatment options and to help the patient decide upon the best course of care for them.

22nd August 2017
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

I was diagnosed with a small breast cancer following a routine breast screening. I was also suffering with an overactive thyroid at the time which needed to be removed. I was introduced to Miss Laura Johnson by Miss Parvanta the surgeon who was going to be removing my thyroid. Miss Johnson was very kind and comforting and dealt with my case very speedily and liaised so well with the endocrine team. She made herself available to perform my breast surgery at the same time as my thyroid surgery, which was a great relief for me to be able to have both surgeries together. Miss Johnson had such a calming easy going manner that helped so much when I was worried about the breast cancer. I was so lucky to have been introduced to her and cannot recommend Miss Johnson highly enough.

14th July 2017
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

Dr Johnson has done my first breast hamartoma surgery. She has a very warm personality and made me feel at ease. I owe her my life partly and I was privileged to be a patient of an amazing doctor.

Short link to review Miss Laura Johnson: http://iwgc.net/eha6c