Miss Katerina Anesti

Miss Katerina Anesti, MD, MRCS, FRCS Plast, EBOPRAS, is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (BAPRAS) and is formally trained in Cosmetic Surgery. She relocated from London to Devon in 2015, when she was appointed as a substantive Consultant at the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust, in order to support and develop further the Head and Neck Reconstructive Service. Miss Anesti is an active member of the prestigious British Association of Plastic Surgeons; she is also a member of the British Society for the Surgery of the Hand and is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. As one of a very small number of board-certified female plastic surgeons in South West, Miss Anesti is an advocate for women’s health, empowerment, and autonomy throughout all aspects of life. ‘’Devon is a wonderful region with many hidden treasures and gives you the opportunity to maintain a well-balanced life style. I enjoy exploring the area in my free time, making new friends, running, cycling, playing tennis and practicing yoga.’’ Katerina trained extensively in plastic surgery both in the UK and overseas before becoming a Consultant in the NHS. Her interests span the entire spectrum of plastic surgery from reconstructive to aesthetic surgery (rhinoplasty, breast surgery, and body contouring). As a Consultant Cosmetic (Plastic) Surgeon at the Nuffield Health Hospital in Exeter, she offers cosmetic surgery procedures including breast augmentation, breast reduction, facelift, neck lift, brow lift, liposuction, abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty (cosmetic eye surgery), anti-wrinkle injection treatment and fillers. She is also a specialist hand surgeon, specialising in nerve surgery, and hand reconstruction. As a Consultant Plastic Surgeon at the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust, her special interests include facial reconstruction following head and neck cancer, facial paralysis, skin cancer surgery, complex trauma and microsurgery procedures. Miss Anesti has published several peer review articles and chapters in plastic surgery, ranging from cosmetic surgery to craniofacial surgery. She has a unique artistic skill in restoring youthfulness and definition to the human face and body. Her philosophy: ‘’Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery are interchangeable — the aesthetic skill required to enhance the attractiveness of a normal but imperfect face or body can be used to define the tissue requirements and techniques needed to rebuild tissues lost to cancer or injury. The skills needed to rebuild the face deformed by cancer, trauma, or birth defects can also be applied to aesthetic surgery”. She welcomes enquiries regarding her practice, consultations and clinic availability.

• Plastic surgery
  • Cosmetic Medicine
  • Vascular and Transplant Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

20th August 2018
Written by a patient at Mount Stuart Hospital

Explained everything clearly, procedure went well, recommended

14th August 2018
Written by a patient at Mount Stuart Hospital

Miss Katerina Anesti was confident, polite, experienced and very clear about what would happen before, during and after the procedure of Carpal Tunnel release. She explained things very clearly and gave paperwork to enable me to refer to excercises etc.which would benefit the recovery of my hand. On the day of the procedure the whole team were kind and reassuring during my visit to Mount Stuart Hospital. Everything happened as Miss Anesti said it would. My follow up appointment was reassuring as I had never had a procedure which meant me having stitches before, so I was a bit concerned about the sensitivity of my hand, but Miss Anesti assured me that this was all completely normal and that she was very happy with the outcome. She will see me in 6 weeks time to further check my hand and to give me a steroid injection into my other hand, to enable me to wait the 4-6 months needed before I could have the left hand done. I cannot fault the care I have been given under Miss Anesti.

14th August 2018
Written by a patient at Mount Stuart Hospital

Miss Anesti is one of the most caring and helpful medical professionals it has been my pleasure to come into contact with. She was the first surgeon to consider alternative types of treatment for my condition and I have every faith in her advice and skills. My operation was completely successful and I just had a feeling of total confidence as she undertook my procedure. I was most impressed with her whole approach to treating me as a person and patient. Many thanks for your splendid work , long may you continue to work in our health service.

29th July 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital

Katerina Anesti and all of the staff at Exeter hospital were fantastically helpful, made me feel relaxed and were verbally very informative. My only area I felt required improvement was the appointments and aftercare administration. My first appointment for surgery was cancelled as a pre-op assessment had not been organised in time. I didn't receive a letter to confirm my second appointment for surgery, I only found out about this whilst having my pre-op assessment over the phone. I was not given any after care notes on how to look after myself, only told verbally which is tricky retain fully when you have just had an operation under general anesthetic. I ended up googling my after care, though when I called the ward with a question they were super helpful. Overall my experience has been very positive.

29th July 2018
Response from Miss Katerina Anesti

Many thanks for your kind words. I hope you are recovering well and I will be looking forward to seeing you again in clinic; My team is very grateful for your feedback and we will try to address all your concerns. Warm regards, Katerina Anesti, MD, FRCSPlast, EBOPRAS Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeon

25th July 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital

I was very impressed with Miss Anesti - my doctors' surgery failed to take my injury seriously and a lot of time was lost before I eventually had my plastic surgery appointment. It felt good that at last someone was listening. As her list was full for the coming month she kept her promise to ring around to find a fairly urgent surgical appointment for me and also to write to my doctor raising her concerns about the delay in getting treatment. I would highly recommend her.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »