Dr Jessica Bate

• Paediatrics
  • Haematology

8th November 2017
Written by a patient at Southampton General Hospital

Jessica has been looking after me for 6weeks now and she has been amazing helping me understand my disease. She is always so positive and friendly. She shows that she really cares about me as a person and she has made this experience the best it could be! Knowing that I'm going to be in hospital for a while, I feel safe and lucky that Dr Jessica is looking after me.

19th October 2017
Written by a carer at Southampton General Hospital

My daughter Daisy was diagnosed with EWINGS Sarcoma three years ago. Although Jessica had no part in her care I have been privileged to work with her on the NEMDT project she has been working on for the BCRT. We have presented that work at the CCLG and BCRT conferences to some fabulous feedback. Jessica is both kind, patient and a huge advocate for patients with bone cancer. She strives to makes lives and choices better for those diagnosed with this hideous disease and gathers up other professionals with her enthusiasm. She is constantly looking for the next area of reasearch she thinks may help and I Thank God we have someone like her helping and striving for a better future for patients. I am humbled that she seems to value my and other patients and parents views to help make an important difference.

4th October 2017
Written by a carer at Southampton General Hospital

Dr Bate has been fantastic. We were put under her care for one week and she has been very helpful, sympathetic and exceptionally caring. This has been particularly important for us as her care has been for our young daughter. A big Thankyou and if you are lucky enough to get Dr Bate’s care, you are in the best hands.

13th June 2017
Written by a carer at Southampton General Hospital

This review is slightly different from the other reviews as my experience is working alongside Jessica in a voluntary capacity. I have seen first hand how she is improving the situation for children with cancer. She is doing this by conducting research, organising events where parents of children can speak to trainee doctors, and presenting at conferences for clinicians and parents (and probably a lot more). This is above and beyond her "day job". Jessica's passion and intelligence is definitely making a difference. As I have worked alongside Jessica some of the categories on this page aren't quite accurate.

23rd October 2016
Written by a carer at Southampton General Hospital

Jessica has been our consultant for our son Jacob since November 2015 and has been brilliant. It is refreshing to have been kept up to date on our sons treatment and progress regularly. She has been honest and has told us exactly what we were facing whilst making sure we didn't over worry about things that weren't a problem. We are so grateful for all her care and attention and for everything she has done for us. We could not have asked for better professionalism and support.

Nearest Oncologists