miss-helen-mackay

#sayThankYou

I was very impressed with the considerable time Miss Mackay took to explain the pros and cons of the procedure she was to carry out on my little girl. She is extremely approachable and genuine. She embodies everything that is good about the NHS.

18th April 2020
14th January 2020

Helen and her team did a great job for me with my total hip replacement. Attended out patients clinic today - Walking without sticks for short periods within six weeks.

Written by a patient at Ormskirk and District General Hospital
5th January 2020

A fantastic, highly skilled and experienced surgeon (see later), extremely helpful, pleasant and I really appreciated the way she made me feel relaxed and happy in the operating theatre immediately after the operation, having time for a brief word shortly before I was' wheeled out'. Helen visited me on the ward, and has a great way of making the patient feel both comfortable and informed. I was also very impressed that the 'team', which included various staff members including the Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist (and others), ensured that I made a fast recovery and was fit and well enough to be discharged the day after the (Total Hip Replacement) operation. Additional comment - I also noticed a web page with the following information:- Major Helen Mackay is a Consultant in Orthopaedics and Trauma. She has worked as a reservist for 13 years and completed an operational tour of Afghanistan. ref https://www.southportandormskirk.nhs.uk/army-accolade-for-hospital-trust/

16th July 2019

She could listen more and show concern for patients general well being

17th July 2019
Response from Miss Helen Mackay

I am sorry you feel this way. Would you be able to add some context to this statement? Was this in an outpatient or inpatient setting? I am sorry to say that our Outpatients clinics have been over running lately. I do apologise to patients and always try to ensure that even if it is busy outside, the patient in front of me is my priority. I take your comments very seriously. If you feel that I have not listened and showed concern for your well-being, I would encourage you to raise a concern to our Trust or please feel free to contact my secretary about this, and I will endeavour to get back to you.

Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Elective practice Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement Paediatric Trauma lead and general trauma Lt Col RAMC Diploma Occupational Medicine Diploma Sports and Exercise Medicine Diploma Medical Care of Catastrophes ATLS instructor Visiting lecturer Paris Descartes University Honorary lecturer University of Liverpool

Short link to review Miss Helen Mackay: http://iwgc.net/egvbl