Miss Heike Gleser

24th April 2018
Written by a patient at Ninewells Hospital

Oh, Dr Gleser is my favourite doctor ever! She took time to introduce herself and very patiently explained the procedure which I was about to have and made sure I was happy with her explanation. Her nurses clearly enjoyed working with her; she also had a student in that day and I think she too felt very much part of the team. I was in having a coil fitted and I was fairly uptight about it because a nurse had tried and failed to fit one previously. But Dr Gleser did her best to help me relax (quite a feat when your legs are in stirrups...) and while the procedure was fairly painful, because of the very clear explanation I'd had in advance, it was as easy as it could have been. I think some women may feel a degree of embarrassment around gynaecological issues - I am sure Dr Gleser is more than qualified to help put even the most embarrassed of us at ease! I'm also peri-menopausal and have realised how hormones can impact pretty much every part of life - Dr Gleser talked about her menopause clinic and her colleagues and the expertise they have between them... it sounded like a great local service without too much of a waiting list. I was thrilled to realise that we have access to such a service locally without having to think about paying to go privately. Fabulous! And finally... did I mention - she has a great sense of humour too!

Short link to review Miss Heike Gleser: http://iwgc.net/eezoo