Miss Geraldine Tasker

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

14th February 2018
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

I was looking forward to actually seeing Miss Tasker due to her experience as I had a complex history of gynae problems including cancer. However I found her to be rude, unprofessional and totally uninterested in anything I had to say with regards to my past experiences and symptoms. I felt completely frustrated whilst leaving the consultation with her as I felt that she didn't offer the best treatment by me or give a good enough explanation given the circumstances. I admire honest and blunt professionals but unfortunately Miss Tasker is clearly lacking in her bedside manner and my suggestion would be that she is given a course on how to deal with everyone with courtesy and manners......this would go a long way to make people respect her. I also felt that she was extremely defensive when I asked her questions about the treatment......it was almost as though she looked down at me to think why would I question her and what right do I have? It wasn't pleasant at all and surely the patient has a right to ask questions that are of concern to them......anyone would have thought I was asking for the world with the way that she spoke to me. Things have to change.........

31st January 2018
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

I have been seeing this Doctor for years. I’ve always found her pleasant, business-like and empathetic. I am really surprised by some of the reviews on here.

23rd June 2017
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

I was astonished to read the above reviews. Miss Tasker treated me for cancer & I found her sympathetic & open to questions etc. Although I am still having check-ups, I am pleased to say that due to Miss Tasker's operating skills, am so far free from cancer>

1st June 2017
Written by a patient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital

After making a formal complaint about this vile woman, I am pleased i stumbled across this to share my veiws here. She has no bedside manner what so ever, is rude and blunt beyond belief. I was very very worn down when we met. Years of pain & infertility and constantly being fobbed off by an array of different GP's. Miss Tasker has a very harsh way with words and she sat back, looked me right in the eye and said 'So, what makes you think you can't have children?' Pretty insulting and blatently obvious she had not ran through my notes. She was so vile i ended up running out in tears. She disputed everything i said, made me feel very small and was absolutely no help at all. If anyone gets reffered to this monster, ask for someone else!

6th April 2016