Miss Gemma Conn

6th November 2015
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

A young and extremely skilled surgeon whose caring and professional approach to her patients is without doubt secondt none.

6th September 2015
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

I was taken ill very suddenly with no warning at all. I was shocked to be told I had a perforated bowel and I was frightened. Gemma Conn and her team, Rebecca Himpson and Gemma Blackbeard were absolutely wonderful. I had complete faith in them for the whole 16 days I spent in hospital. They kept me informed at all times what was happening and always answered my questions honestly. When it was decided I needed emergency surgery I had no hesitation to accept this as I knew they would make me better. Rebecca called my husband straight after the surgery as I requested. I was in pain afterwards and everyone on Heybridge Ward (A303), looked after me so well. Nothing was too much trouble. I was discharged on 27th August, and since then I have been improving and getting stronger every day. I will never be able to thank them enough.

22nd May 2014
Written by a carer at Broomfield Hospital

Miss Conn took wonderful care of my husband before, during and after his surgery. She took the time to explain things in a manner we understood, and she respected the choices my husband made regarding his treatment. Miss Conn stands up for what she believes in and took great care in such a delicate time in our lives. She made me feel at ease before my husbands surgery and took the time to fully explain the issues post op to all of our families. Miss Conn and her team are a credit to Broomfield Hospital and I cannot thank them enough for their hard work.

Short link to review Miss Gemma Conn: http://iwgc.net/efr8q