Miss Deborah Kamal

• Ophthalmology

20th July 2016
Written by a patient at Moorfields Eye Hospital

It is not pleasant being told that one has an aggressive form of advanced glaucoma. It is especially unpleasant when I was made aware that it could have been less advanced had things been different. It took me a while to 'get my head around it'. From what I recall, Ms. Kamal told me that there was absolutely nothing she could or would be doing about the sight that I had already lost. At that point, I had made my mind up, that my relationship with her would 'rocky' and probably brief. However, she followed that statement by telling me that she would do everything she could to save my remaining sight and control the IOP's. Seldom has anyone impressed me as Ms. Kamal has. Her direct approach about the lost sight was exactly what was needed. it's gone - forget it but work on what sight is left. She conveys an air of calmness and confidence in her ability and skills. That has resulted in I having absolute confidence in her. Although I do not always see Ms. Kamal on my reviews, knowing she is there and monitoring things, is very comforting. I reckon the highest compliment I can say about Ms. Kamal is, that whenever I have reason to see a specialist about anything outside her specific speciality, I always remark to friends "You know I would feel a whole lot better about this, if Ms. Kamal was treating me". She performed a Trabeculectomy on my right eye and on every occasion I was examined by another specialist, it was commented on in a very positive way.

Short link to review Miss Deborah Kamal: http://iwgc.net/eegzi