Miss Daljit Dhariwal

• Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

2nd February 2018
Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe

Miss Dhariwal perfomed my surgery 4 months ago and I cannot fault her in the slightest. I’ve been seeing her for nearly 4 years about my jaw and she’s always explained fully what she will be doing and I feel like a very valued patient. She performed my jaw surgery and genioplasty very successfully with no complications whatsoever. I cannot fault her!

5th January 2018
Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe

facts: my daughter was referred to Mrs Dhariwal by my orthodontist. She has a severe occlusion with a canine misplaced that has no space between the second front tooth and the first premolar. At the appointment we discussed the possible treatments. Ms Dhariwal discussed at length two options: first option, extracting the canine (preferred by her) second extracting the premolar (preferred by me - also given the independent advices from further dentist in the Italian NHS and private sector in UK). Her letter stated that Two options were available and we "will return to clinic in two months with the decision on how they wish to proceed." When we communicate her the decision to follow option two (i.e. saving the canine) she questioned why we had made such choice and basically refused to go ahead, saying that she changed her mind after having further consultation with the colleagues. When I have asked her what was the technical rationale why she changed her mind, she said that she wanted to go for the less risky option (extracting the canine). When I asked her to quantify the risk of going for the second option (extracting the premolar) she was unable of unwilling to comment further on the risk of trying to save the canine. Basically she takes decision based on risk assessment without knowing (or telling) what the risk is. She also needed to consult with (evidently) more expert colleagues. Laymen question: why was I not referred directly to the more expert colleagues? I had to ask for a second consultation at the JR. The rules are such that if you want a second consultation you need a second referral. Basically, your orthodontist has to write again to the JR the same letter he has written for the first referral. The appointment office (outpatients department) is painfully slow and the whole procedure takes about 2 months.

7th November 2016

Took time explaing everything

28th May 2014

Very polite and uses clear explanations. All round very good

5th May 2014
Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe

I have been referred to Miss Dhariwal twice now. She has always been personable and professional. She explained everything clearly, including what she thought was wrong with me and how she was going to deal with it. The surgery she performed resolved my problem without any complications. I had complete confidence in her and her ability to deal with my problems. Unlike many other health professionals, Miss Dhariwal treated me as an individual and not just another patient, listening to my concerns and taking on board any specific requests I had in relation to how and when I received my treatment. All aspects of the service I received from her team were excellent. The appointments system worked extremely well, the waiting room was never overcrowded and I rarely had to wait more than 5-10 minute to see her. An excellent advertisement for the NHS.

Nearest Oral and maxillofacial surgeons