Miss Clare Rees

I am a Consultant Paediatric Surgeon at Imperial College Healthcare Trust and Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, specialising in laparoscopic and gastrointestinal surgery. I was previously a Locum Consultant Specialist Neonatal and Paediatric Surgeon at Great Ormond Street Hospital and UCLH. I am passionate about Quality Improvement and engaging patients in healthcare. My research interests include neonatal and paediatric surgery and I have published widely on several topics, especially necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC). Your feedback is really important to me and helps me to improve the care I provide, thank you.

14th June 2019
Written by a carer at St Mary's Hospital

As parents anxiously waiting to hear that everything went to plan. We really appreciated that Miss Rees came straight from theatre to let us know that everything had gone well. She really put our minds at ease after what has been a very challenging couple of months.

28th May 2019
Written by a carer at St Mary's Hospital

We owe our son's life to Clare, if it wasn't for her quick thinking and medical instinct he may not be here today. Clare's bedside manner is exceptional, although very blunt due to the severity of the procedure we felt assured that Arthur was in great hands. At first we were slightly intimidated by Clare but due to how often Clare visited after surgery we warmed to her very quickly. We felt that Clare takes great pride in her patients well being and is a model professional. When we aired our concerns, Clare took the time to listen and took these into account when giving her advice. The NHS could do with a lot more employees like Clare.

23rd May 2019
Written by a carer at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

Miss Rees made my son and I feel really comfortable, she is extremely friendly and professional. She went through everything with us before the surgery and explained everything post surgery with no questions unanswered. She made feel at ease during a very difficult time.

26th March 2019
Written by a carer at St Mary's Hospital

Friendly, professional, good rapport with parents and child

29th January 2019
Written by a patient at St Mary's Hospital

Miss Rees listened to me and put me at my ease because I find it embarrassing to talk about my condition.

Nearest Paediatric surgeons