Miss Clare Rees

Locum Consultant Specialist Neonatal and Paediatric Surgeon at Great Ormond Street Hospital. Specialises in laparoscopic surgery and gastrointestinal surgery. Research interests in neonatal and paediatric surgery and passionate about Quality Improvement and engaging patients in healthcare.

• Paediatric surgery

5th February 2018
Written by a carer at University College Hospital

We were truly blessed when we met Doctor Clare Rees! This lady is an absolute credit to the NHS and an amazing professional and considerate doctor. We had the pleasure of meeting Clare when we were referred to UCLH for my three month old daughters tongue tie. Even though we were sent to the wrong department Doctor Rees still agreed to a consultation to assess whether a surgical procedure was necessary. When it was determined that we should have the procedure, Clare and her team went above and beyond to facilitate it even though we had somehow been referred to the wrong hospital and wrong department! We could easily have been passed from pillar to post but it's clear to see that this superb Doctor clearly cares about her patients abc their welfare rather than just another number or another case to check off of the list for the day! Thank you so much Clare for your help! It's greatly appreciated and has made such a difference to us!

2nd February 2018

I am not sure where to start mrs rees has been absolutely fantastic for me a my son . She has been caring and honest from the beginning always explained in depth so I never had any worries . She performed a duhamel on my two year old and I felt so much comfort knowing I could trust her and she knew exactly what she was talking about . I am extremely sad for her to be leaving our hospital but am so grateful for the work , commitment and care she gave towards me and my son . Amazing lady and amazing at what she does .

2nd February 2018

Miss Rees treated my newly born very premature and very tiny baby with a perforated oesophagus. In addition to treating my tiny and very fragile baby with great care, she was very considerate and emphatetic towards my feelings as a new mum under the shock of NICU. She was approachable, interested and friendly during our follow up clinics and on other occasions when we met in hospital, building confidence that my baby is really looked after.

31st January 2018
Written by a member of staff at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children

Caring and always showing a very high level of proficiency, Miss Rees is an outstanding doctor and an amazing supervisor. She is ready to listen to her patients and their families and provides care at the highest standards. As an Educational Supervisor, Miss Rees is for me and my colleagues a source of inspiration and motivation. She manages to build relationships based on respect and confidence, which I consider to be key in any effective professional environment. With excellent communication skills, displaying genuine commitment and dedication and most importantly always approachable, Miss Rees is not only a leader, but also a friend for all the members of the team.

30th January 2018
Written by a member of staff at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children

Miss Clare Rees is an outstanding consultant and supervisor. She cares deeply for her patients and is very involved in their pre- and postoperative care. She tries her best to make patients and parents feel understood and taken seriously. Additionally she leads important programs as Sepsis 6 and several other QI projects that help in maximising the safety of her patients. As a colleague and supervisor she offers excellent support and help. Miss Rees is very engaged into optimising the teaching and working environment with very good results. I can only wish her the best for the future, she really deserves it.

Short link to review Miss Clare Rees: http://iwgc.net/ex2r