Miss Clare Rees

I am a Consultant Paediatric Surgeon at Imperial College Healthcare Trust and Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, specialising in laparoscopic and gastrointestinal surgery. I was previously a Locum Consultant Specialist Neonatal and Paediatric Surgeon at Great Ormond Street Hospital and UCLH. I am passionate about Quality Improvement and engaging patients in healthcare. My research interests include neonatal and paediatric surgery and I have published widely on several topics, especially necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC). Your feedback is really important to me and helps me to improve the care I provide, thank you.

26th March 2019
Written by a carer at St Mary's Hospital

Friendly, professional, good rapport with parents and child

29th January 2019
Written by a patient at St Mary's Hospital

Miss Rees listened to me and put me at my ease because I find it embarrassing to talk about my condition.

11th January 2019
Written by a carer at St Mary's Hospital

Loved meeting Miss Clare - no nonsense, straight answer, fun and making my little boy feel a lot more reassured and in command of his health status following the mild infection following his exploratory emergency scrotum operation. Really appreciated the fact that she took a few minutes to listen, find out about the 'medicine' my son's mother was spraying on his wound (provably complicating his recovery by keeping the area continuously moist) and drafting a letter requesting that no more NICE or NHS approved "vegan friendly medicines" (literally from the products website!!) continued to be used - Ethan is now fully recovered and if I was to need another visit in the future, I'd make sure I ask to be seen by Clare! Than you.

8th January 2019
Written by a carer at St Mary's Hospital

My 4 month old daughter has been under the care of Miss Rees since September 2018 and has seen her numerous times since then. Miss Rees has been professional, friendly, reassuring and open with me at all times in regards to my daughters issue with her bowels and not once have I left an appointment confused with her suggestions in trying to resolve the problem or disappointed with her service. My husband came to the first appointment with us and after we left we both mentioned how pleasant she was which makes such a difference when in the back of your mind you are worrying about the health or your baby. Thank you Miss Rees.

11th December 2018