miss-clare-rees

Written by a NHS patient at St Mary's Hospital
2nd February 2021

The doctor was excellent and very reassuring

7th January 2021

Miss Rees was excellent. Despite not being able to meet in person due to Covid restrictions, she took her time to fully understand my son’s condition and to offer a practical way forward. She is very personable and understood that it is a sensitive issue that my son was uncomfortable discussing.

16th December 2020

We were very pleased with Dr. Rees' support during our baby son's the stay in St. Mary's Hospital. After our 1-month old son started throwing up repetitively, Dr. Rees diagnosed him with a malrotation in his bowel and recommended immediate surgery. After three long hours, Dr. Rees let us know the good news that the operation went well and indeed confirmed her initial diagnosis. During our week-long stay, we received great support from her and the nurses in the hospital and our son recovered very well.

Written by a carer at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
14th December 2020

Miss Rees is reassuringly business like and to the point. I felt that I was clear on the arrangements, the process and the risks. The surgery was for my 2 year old. She spoke directly to him as well, involving him in the conversation and made him feel reassured. The rest of the care from the team was really great as well - the anaesthetists got on with their job so swiftly and efficiently but in a very caring way. The play specialist was really kind to my son and helped distract him a lot when he was getting a bit impatient. The nurses were very attentive as well. The only thing I would change is to talk a little more slowly about the after care needed at home as I got back and felt a bit unsure.

11th November 2020

Miss Rees was fantastic with my 10 month old twins - she listened carefully to all my concerns, examined them gently and explained clearly what she thought was going on and what the next steps would be. She was personable and kind and didn’t make me feel silly for asking questions or saying my thoughts on what I thought might be going on. I had felt embarrassed going into an appointment for something that seemed so minor but she was so kind and helpful. She also gave us really useful advice for the future. I couldn’t recommend her highly enough, thank you so much.

Miss Clare Rees was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

I am a Consultant Paediatric Surgeon at Imperial College Healthcare Trust and Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, specialising in laparoscopic and gastrointestinal surgery. I was previously a Locum Consultant Specialist Neonatal and Paediatric Surgeon at Great Ormond Street Hospital and UCLH. I am passionate about Quality Improvement and engaging patients in healthcare. My research interests include neonatal and paediatric surgery and I have published widely on several topics, especially necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC). Your feedback is really important to me and helps me to improve the care I provide, thank you.

Nearest Paediatric surgeons