Miss Bina Parmar

• Ophthalmology

17th June 2016
Written by a patient at Milton Keynes Hospital

I have been very lucky to have my squint surgery done by Miss Parmar. From day one this lady impressed me with her compassion and professionalism. I am four months post surgery and the results are great! Fantastic surgeon that deserves recognition and a great team of people around her. Thank you. M.N.

14th May 2015
Written by a patient at Marlborough House

Ms Parmar was amazing - I have been her patient for a number of years (as my cataract is quite complicated) she has been overseeing my care throughout and insisted she performed the actual operation herself which was great. Her aftercare was exceptional and she had be back in every 48 hours to ensure no complications. She also very much understands my wider medical issues (that the cataract is caused through complications with Rheumatoid Arthritis) and she has been able to take an holistic view of all my treatments which has been fantastic - I would not want any other doctor operating on my next cataract!

30th April 2015
Written by a carer at Milton Keynes Hospital

Miss Parmar operated on my 10yr old son who had a right divergent squint which had been monitored carefully since he was 4yrs old. Miss Parmar was very child friendly and has a pleasant attitude around her. She was very meticulous and professional in the way she handled the problem , She explained to my son's understanding what needed to happen and the expected outcome. She was very reassuring and that boosted my son's confidence in accepting to have the operation done. She also gave him some materials about the surgery to go away and read and invited him to ask her questions through his parents if he needed to . The Squint surgery progressed smoothly to my son's pleasant surprise. At the post operation out patient review 3 weeks later, we were all ecstatic at the outstanding effect the operation had had on his vision. This is the outcome that every patient / child and parent would want.

27th March 2015
Written by a carer at Milton Keynes Hospital

My daughter had a really bad eye that was completely untracked to the other eye from ~ 6 months old. After a random recommendation from someone that we should get it resolved before she gets much older we sought specialist help. Miss Parmar was not our first specialist, as we went through one round with another specialist that didn't do a single thing apart from talk and waste time. Upon seeing Miss Parmer we saw all the required people for many tests - this give me good confidence that they were establishing an accurate analysis of the condition. Miss Parmar explained the details of the eye, the condition, and the procedure that she would perform in great detail. I was a stumbling block to progressing with the procedure as my daughter is very young. After more confirmation that the measurements were correct on such a young child, we went ahead with the procedure. It was a massive success and 5 months on it is difficult to remember my daughters condition without looking at photographs. Miss Parmar managed to calm us on the day and did an excellent job on such a young child. I am forever grateful. After post operation check-up yesterday her eyesight is really good, and scars are only visible to an eye specialist. Sometimes we would wait in hospital for a while (this was a short while compared to other hospital departments) and then only see Miss Parmar for 5 mins, however when we needed the longer consultations she provided the time. As she is the only specialist for children within 40 miles (I know this as the first one was over 40 miles away) she will be extremely busy, so has support specialist to help her collect all the info about a patient. If you have the opportunity to be referred to Miss Parmer - I recommend it. My experience was

6th March 2015
Written by a patient at BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital

Miss. Parmar gave me a full test and understood completely my problem with my "wandering" eye. She fully explained what would have to be done, and even though I had similar surgery some 15 years ago, I felt she put my mind at rest as to what was to happen. The operation in November 2014 was a success, and the recovery period good. I had my final check this week and was signed off. I think the fact that I could talk things over with Miss Parmar in detail really helped. I would have no hesitation in recommending her for ophthalmology problems.

Nearest Ophthalmologists