Miss Anusha Edwards BSc (Hons), MB ChB, MD, FRCS (Gen Surg)

Miss Anusha Edwards is a kidney transplant surgeon. She performs operations on patients with kidney failure including kidney transplantation and surgery to allow both haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. In addition, she performs keyhole (laparoscopic) surgery to remove kidneys for living donation. In her role as an endocrine and general surgeon Miss Edwards looks after and operates on patients with parathyroid disorders and common surgical diseases such as hernias and gallbladder problems She has a keen interest in the education of medical staff, patients and the local community, especially in the field of renal transplantation. Miss Anusha Edwards is the Specialty Lead for General Surgery at Southmead Hospital, a Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of England, and a member of the British Transplant Society and British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons.

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

22nd December 2015
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

I have nothing but praise for the expertise / kindness given to me throughout my kidney donation experience by all of the the staff @ Southmead / Kind Colleage hospital respectively and of course Miss Edwards the surgeon who skillfully removed mine of course takes the limelight through her professionalism and expertise. Everything I was of avised of / concerned about prior to the operation as well as the post Op care and advice was honest / accurate and turned out to be spot on. So I struggle to suggest any way of improving upon what I experienced. I would not hesitate to recommend Miss Edwards and her team to anyone - Mr David Brown

18th September 2015
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

Miss Edwards is very approachable and answered all of my questions fully and frankly. She gave me great confidence in her ability to complete the procedure and I was really happy with her care both pre and post op.

11th September 2015
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

It is always a bit nerve racking when you have surgey for the first time. Anusha was brilliant in putting my mind at ease. She explained what my problem was and what the surgery would involve. On the day of the operation she came to see me beforehand to check I was ok and to answer any other questions I might have. The operation went very well and I am well on the way to full recovery. I met with Anusha again three weeks after the opeartion at a clinic to check that everything was OK. Anusha was totally professional throughout, an excellent surgeon and very easy to get on with. I have nothing but praise for her and all the care I received at Southmead Hospital throughout my illness.

27th August 2015
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

Informative in what was going to happen.

19th March 2015
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

Miss Edwards gave very professional care throughout. She explained the surgery clearly beforehand along with a realistic recovery plan. She took into account my personal healthcare requirements and treatment choices. She followed well up after the surgery to make sure my recovery was on track, including scheduling an appointment at short notice to deal with a particular issue. Thank you.

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons

Short link to review Miss Anusha Edwards BSc (Hons), MB ChB, MD, FRCS (Gen Surg): http://iwgc.net/esfl