Miss Amtul Carmichael

7th December 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Mrs Carmichael was wonderful, very kind and gentle she went out of her way to make me feel better which went a long way to giving me a positive attitude and a good recovery.

19th November 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I recently was diagnosed with invasive breast cancer. I was lucky to have Mrs Carmichael as my surgeon. During the initial consultation she held my hands for about 10 mins until I had calmed down. She said it is all about trust, and trust is a two way thing. She is a truly amazing person, who really has true empathy with her patients. I could not have asked for a better surgeon.

Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Mrs Carmichael was extremely professional, explained very clearly the results, she also explained very clearly what the operation would involve and what my recovery path would be, the operation went very well with the outcome exactly as Mrs Carmichael predicted, the results were given after the operation with care and compassion, when I felt very vulnerable, thank you.

Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I recently had a mastectomy under the care of Mrs Carmichael and her team. Their ability to listen, empathize, discuss and support the most appropriate treatment is excellent. This extended from the initial appointments, on the day of surgery, visiting the ward after surgery, and to the post-op appointment to remove the dressing and see the scar for the first time. All the staff at the Burton Breast Unit should be commended, as should the staff on Ward 14, where I stayed overnight after my surgery.

Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I was diagnosed with DCIS after having a routine CT scan the whole process from start to finish was exceptional. The care and support from Miss Carmichael and the whole team at the BCU was brilliant and would certainly say to anyone that has to go through anything like this that you are in good hands from Miss Carmicheal, the Breast care Sisters, nurses and staff making a very difficult and uncertain time a whole lot easier and bearable I commend them all. I am still attending the clinic at the moment and actually look forward to going to see them all instead of dreading it.

Short link to review Miss Amtul Carmichael: http://iwgc.net/eq2c