Miss Alexandra Lawrence

I am a consultant gynaecological oncologist. My clinical interests include the diagnosis of gynaecological cancers, surgery for ovarian cancer and advanced complex laparoscopic surgery. I work at Barts Health NHS Trust. My clinics are at the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, London.

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

27th April 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

Miss Lawrence has been the most fantastic consultant, listener, advisor & surgeon whose pre & post op care has been nothing short of amazing. As a total sceptic/phobic of NHS treatment/hospital stay, following a very traumatic stint in an NHS hospital following a serious RTA, Miss Lawrence has totally renewed my faith in NHS treatment/surgery. Every step along the way she was more than happy to answer both mine & my partner, Peter's, questions re treatment/surgery & after care. Nothing was too much trouble and had it not been for her encouragement I would have opted for treatment as opposed to surgery and now be walking around with cancer that might not have been discovered for some time. I am now 5 weeks post op, all the cancer is gone and I am feeling so much better and looking forward to a far healthier & happy life. Every morning I was in hospital Miss Lawrence popped by to see me and answer questions etc. My treatment was superb and Peter & myself would like to say a huge 'thank you' to an amazingly lovely professional who held our hands through every step of the way on a very traumatic/difficult journey. Any patient lucky enough to be allocated to Miss Lawrence's list is not just lucky but also very privileged too. Thank you Miss Lawrence!! Marie Chillmaid & Peter Ryan

23rd April 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

Miss Lawrence was brilliant I was very nervous when I went for my appointment she put my mind at ease and made me feel comfortable and relaxed. She listened to my concerns, I didnt feel rushed and she was very thorough and explained what examinations she was about to do. Unfortunately I will need to be referred but anyone who has her as their consultant will not need to worry they will definitely be in safe hands. Wish there was more like her in this profession.

16th April 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

She was very helpful in showing me what my problem was and how i could resolve it.

13th April 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

Dr Lawrence was very attentive and gave me the chance to explain and talk about my condition. She made me feel at ease, and explained what was happening and why during my appointment. I never felt like I didn't know what was happening. She made me feel calm and reassured during a pretty uncomfortable examination! She answered all my questions at the end of the appointment and did not rush me out of the door.

11th April 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

Miss Alexandra Lawrence was so lovely and kind. She listened to me. And gave me the reassurance that I needed. I felt very comfortable and I know that I'm going to be looked after.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists