Miss Alexandra Lawrence

I am a consultant gynaecological oncologist. My clinical interests include the diagnosis of gynaecological cancers, surgery for ovarian cancer and advanced complex laparoscopic surgery for gynaecological cancers I work at Barts Health NHS Trust. My clinics are at the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, London.

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

« 1 2 3 4 »

13th February 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

Miss Lawrence explained in detail how my operation would be conducted and what organs would be removed during the hysterectomy of my tumour was found to be cancerous and what would be removed if cancer was not suspected when the tumour was initially examined. She came to see me post op and explained what surgery had been performed, told me the expected recovery time and what I could and could not do when recovering. I saw Miss Lawrence again today at my follow up appointment and she explained what had been found at the final biopsy and she answered all my questions about the recovery period. I was with both my sons who are very thorough with their questions and they were also impressed with the way we were dealt with.

10th February 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

Lovely personally, very perfessional and tells you how it is

9th February 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

I can safely say that Dr Lawrence is the best medical professional I have been lucky enough to be treated by. While being highly professional, she also has a personal approach that make you feel genuinely cared for and that your views and experiences are as important as her expert medical opinion. And while also ensuring you have been fully informed of all that will be important for you to make a decision, she will fully respect your wishes, and work toward the outcomes you have requested. I also feel she is very skilled in the work she does, and is someone you can feel you can trust to do the best job she can. And then ultimately she is just a really nice person, with a sense of humor and an unassuming assertiveness that can offer gentle challenge when needed! (I did indeed at times need it!:)

6th February 2017
Written by a carer at The Royal London Hospital

Dr Lawrence showed great care and understanding when explaining the situation about my mothers condition. She showed great understanding and paitence when examining my mother who is a dementia sufferer so cannot always follow instructions. Dr Lawrence explained the options available in terms of the care my mother will be needing.

6th February 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

Alexandra is a very kind caring professional doctor of whom put both myself and my husband at ease straight away. She tells it straight and how it is without messing around. She also has a great sense of humour. She explains clearly and concisely. Thank you so much. Other doctors and consultants could learn a lot from her.

« 1 2 3 4 »