martin-kurzer

3rd February 2020

Mr Martin Kurzer is amazingly experienced and excellent and superbly kind hernia surgeon. My umbilical hernia open repair went extremely well, purely because of Mr Marin Kurzer’s knowledge, experiences and passion. Mr Kurzer was extremely kind and supportive before and after the surgery. I cannot thank Mr Martin Kurzer enough for everything. Thank you! Warmest regards, Victor

25th January 2020

I first met Mr Kurzer inJanuary 1999 when he did an inguinal hernia repair for me at the British Hernia centre.My experience was completely positive and I was struck by his kind,friendly and helpful nature.I have had no problems with this repair. I returned to see him in 2004 when I was concerned that my other inguinal repair (not performed by Mr Kurzer) was recurring.Again he was very kind and helpful and put my mind at rest that it was not and offered alternative advice. I had occasion to call upon his services again this January when I feared this same repair was failing.Once more he was able to confirm it was not and suggest an alternative approach.It was a pleasure to see him again. I cannot reccommend him highly enough.

21st January 2020

Mr Kurzer was excellent and I would recommend his services. The surgery went perfectly and the scar is very faint. You can barely see it. Mr Kurzer has an excellent manner and explained the procedure very clearly.

14th November 2019

My inguinal hernia appeared in the first quarter of 2018 after lifting something extremely heavy. Through internet googling for hernia surgeons I noticed Mr. Martin Kurzer’s name and was impressed by the high praise in the “IWantGreatCare” reviews. Being a bit of a wimp concerning medical matters it took me more than a year before actually making an appointment to see Mr. Kurzer. On hindsight I shouldn’t have waited… what a lovely human being and very competent surgeon. Martin Kurzer has the ability to make one feel completely at ease from the moment one meets him as well as at the critical moment before surgery. He explains all the various options and answers all your questions. I was the first one in theatre that morning and after a light lunch was able to walk away from my room without needing any painkillers at all. One month later I can hardly see the incision scar so also visually a great job. The whole experience from intake to discharge was smooth and comforting and I cannot thank Martin Kurzer and his lovely team enough. Undoubtedly this is the man to see when having hernia problems.

14th November 2019

My right inguinal hernia was diagnosed in July this year and I wanted the repair to be done sooner rather than later. I am 65 years old and lead a very active life and wanted to continue doing so without the hernia being an impediment. My search for a surgeon was brief as I was strongly recommended Martin Kurzer by a good friend, a physician, who had had similar surgery done by Mr Kurzer a couple of years ago. The recommendation was ‘look no further, he is the best’ and this certainly proved to be so. At the initial consultation all my concerns and fears were laid to rest. Martin’s manner, approach and listening skills were impeccable, putting me at ease and giving me much confidence that I will be well taken care of. I had no hesitation in booking the date for my surgery straight away. The surgery was a month or so later, in September. I had never undergone surgery under general anaesthetic before and I approached the day with much trepidation. I was very impressed with my experience at the Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth. I was a day patient, as I was operated on very early in the morning. The room, the care by nursing and other staff, the anaesthetist and all other medical professionals were absolutely excellent. Martin came to see me in my room prior to surgery and once again his manner and approach gave me the confidence boost I needed that morning. Everything went smoothly. The anaesthetic worked really well for me. I was comfortable after surgery, had a light lunch in my room and Martin came around to see me again mid-afternoon and discharged me. Once again, he patiently answered all my questions about post-operative issues. Martin has the unique quality of being a very ‘human’ human being! I had been well briefed on post-operative symptoms and management of issues. In the weeks that followed whenever I had a concern or needed advice I would message Martin and he always responded promptly and with kindness. This is over and above one would expect from your surgeon. My wound healed beautifully and nearly two months on I am returning to normality with the common sense approach which Martin repeats, listen to your body and no harm will happen. I have also had a post-surgery consultation with Martin, part of the package. To those of you considering a hernia repair I would say, do not postpone it. Your quality of life will improve immediately. The procedure is safe and most of all you will be in the best hands available - those of Martin Kurzer.

Martin Kurzer is a specialist hernia surgeon. http://www.martinkurzer.com He joined the British Hernia Centre in 1991, and now has his own practice based at the Hospital of St John and Elizabeth, London NW8. His surgical training was at University College Hospital and the Royal Free Hospital, London. He then spent two years in the USA returning in 1987, when he went into full time private practice. His main interests are in local anaesthetic day-case surgery, the use of tension free mesh and the repair of complex recurrent groin hernias. He speaks regularly at UK and international conferences and has published numerous peer reviewed articles and book chapters on all aspects of hernia surgery. He is a keen supporter of the charity ‘Operation Hernia’ (www.operationhernia.org.uk and visited Ghana with the charity in 2009. He is a co-founder, and is currently president, of the British Hernia Society. http://www.britishherniasociety.org

Short link to review Martin Kurzer: http://iwgc.net/ecn4x