Miss Iona Collins

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

16th October 2018
Written by a patient at Morriston Hospital

explained in detail about my operation

7th April 2018
Written by a patient at Morriston Hospital

I would recommend Iona to anybody who is experiencing spinal problems. She is an incredible surgeon and an extremely caring and kind individual. Exhausts all options and doesn't give up until the issue is solved. Fantastic bedside manner; Iona was present after my surgery in recovery and it reassured me greatly. She has the utmost care and respect for each one of her patients and is extremely understanding. After having surgery just over a week ago, I can already notice the difference and have experienced no nerve pain in either leg. The best surgeon I have ever been treated by and can honestly not praise highly enough. I can only thank this fantastic lady for relieving me of my symptoms and giving me a promising pain free future!

30th January 2018
Written by a patient at Morriston Hospital

After 6 months of debilitating pain and unable to walk more than a few yards my GP referred me to Miss Collins who diagnosed the problem almost immediately. Her diagnosis was confirmed after an MRI scan. The first course of treatment was an injection to block the nerve, which unfortunately didn't work. Miss Collins then booked me in for surgery at Morriston hospital. I was admitted on one day and discharged the next. The operation was a complete success. Having been active all my life, then hit with an illness that made me completely sedentary and in constant pain, having to take morphine every day, I was at my wits end! Miss Collins was a consummate professional with an unquestionable bedside manner that relaxed you as soon as she spoke. I can't speak highly enough about her and her support teams expertise, I have no hesitation in recommending anyone who has spinal problems to ask to be referred to Miss Iona Collins. Thank you. Derek Jones

18th November 2017
Written by a patient at Morriston Hospital

Ms Collins did major Surgery on my L3 and L4 verterbrae using titanium screws with the latest CAD. Surgery also included a bone graft and Further attention to Spinal Stenosis. From my first contact with her she gave me a positivity with my severe spinal problem where other Proffesionals didn’t. The aftercare from Ms Collins and her team is one hundred per cent trustworthy.with frequent phone calls to address any problems that may have arisen. I would recommend Ms Collins and her Team wholeheartedly. My current situation with my Spine is an improvement by 95% currently. With Physiology currently booked in 2 weeks time,I expect further improvement.

8th November 2017
Written by a patient at Morriston Hospital

I had what I call a 3 in 1 Spinal Operation. I had a TLIF by the latest CAD,followed by the initial Operation of Spinal Stenosis. Ms Collins also did a bone graft. Looking on the Internet and viewing a TLIF I didn’t realise the complexity of this Operation.!! I left the Hospital 3 days later and must say that my mobility is 90% improved and it’s still early days. Ms Collins is truly an excellent Professional Nuero Spinal Surgeon and would recommend her to everyone. Also her team,especially the Advanced Nurse are very thorough with their after care and nothing is too much trouble.

Short link to review Miss Iona Collins: http://iwgc.net/erhr