Dr Zoe Astroulakis MBBS BScHons PhD FRCP (UK)

Consultant (Interventional) Cardiologist - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Honorary Senior Lecturer - St George's University of London Lead for Intervention - Health Education South London Lead for Regional Catheter Lab Simulation Training Day - Health Education South London Memberships: British Cardiovascular Society British Cardiovascular Interventional Society European Society of Cardiology

• Cardiology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

31st July 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I was transferred from St Hellier to St George's at 8.0pm on a Saturday evening , suffering from severe chest pains , a suspected heart attack . Needless to say , I was very concerned and confused , as I had expected to receive a few pills and go home . On arrival , I was so lucky to be met by Dr Zoe Astroulakis , who took me immediately to a cardiac treatment room . She checked my diagnosis and explained that I needed the angioplasty procedure to confirm and treat my chest pain . Her confidence encouraged me to receive the procedure without hesitation . I couldn't believe how pain free the procedure was and it almost immediately relieved my chest pains . A Stent was inserted to open one artery , the cause of my problems . Dr Zoe was professional , confident and skillful , with a wonderful bedside manner . She is a credit to the cardiac department at St George's .

24th July 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

It is difficult to add a more positive recommendation than others who have posted previously.So ... Dr Astroulakis is friendly, competent and sensitive to the patient's feelings. Friendly means that she is very helpful as it puts the patient at ease and ready to converse, listen to advice etc. Competent is all that one wants from a doctor. She understands the patient, makes a clear diagnosis (or explains the difficulty to diagnose the patient's problem) then proceeds to determine the right course of action. Sensitive to her patient's feelings enables the consultation to proceed in a re-assuring climate based upon the patient's level of concern. I have had several consultations with Dr. Astroulakis and I am completely satisfied with the treatment/advice I have been given. I would confidently send any of my family to her if they had (or suspected) a heart problem. My sincere thanks to her.

25th May 2018
Written by a carer at St George's Hospital

Dr Astroulakis recently took care of my mother whilst an inpatient at St George's hospital and I will never be able to thank her enough. She was absolutely outstanding. Being in hospital is never pleasant but when the hospital admission is cardiac related, the emotions are intensified. Dr Astroulakis communicated at every juncture and comforted our entire family. Her bedside manner is exemplary, she is friendly but most importantly she was easy to talk too (even for my mother who doesn't speak much English!) She is a huge credit to ST George's and the NHS.

23rd March 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Doctor Astroulakis is one of the best doctors that I have ever met. She is very friendly and made me feel completely at ease. She explained everything to me in great detail after reading the report from the cardiologist in Bangkok hospital Thailand, where I had a coronary balloon inserted after suffering a heart attack whilst I was on holiday there three months ago. I would be very happy to see Dr Astroulakis for all my future outpatient care at St George's hospital.

14th March 2018
Written by a patient at Queen Mary's Hospital

Ms Zoe Astroulakis welcomes this patient with a warm, charming and totally positive outlook. She makes one feel like the only person she has to see in a day and has all the time in the world! Moreover, I have confidence in her expertise as she takes time to explain any processes, possible outcomes and will comprehensively answer any questions. As the patient, I feel she takes the time to look at and consider all the options for treatment and further and future care. I trust her ability to do the very best on my behalf.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Nearest Cardiologists

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists

Short link to review Dr Zoe Astroulakis MBBS BScHons PhD FRCP (UK): http://iwgc.net/efalv