Dr Zoe Astroulakis

• Cardiology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

19th February 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I was admitted to the care of Ms Z. Astroulakis in April 2016. Ms Astroulakia and her team were absolutely fantastic, i can never thank them enough for treating me for a heart atrack that day. The care and attention that I personally recieved was amazing. The team especially Ms Astroulakis put me at great ease and ensured me I was in the safest place and in the best hands. I trusted Ms Astroulakis totally along with her team i will never be able to really let them know just how much I appreciate them and am in awe of what they do to safe lives. I would be happy to put my life in her hands as she made me feel confident and safe that horrible day. what's more important is that Ms Astroulakis led a brilliant team who provided great and effective care to me. so for that my family and I will be forever grateful to them and the wonderf staff at St Georges.

15th February 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I was taken to St Georges Hospital not knowing I had a heart attack. At the age of 47 to be told you’ve had a heart attack was overwhelming. My first encounter with Dr Astroulakis was just before going into surgery. She had a calming reassuring persona which helped to relieve the anxiety and worry. Dr Astroulakis performed the second angiogram, before she began she introduced the medical team in the room and the procedure that was to be undertaken, again this was very comforting and helped me relax. I met with Dr Astroulakis in clinic after four months and she took the time to address any questions and concerns I had. She was great at listening and had informative answers. Additionally she was thorough with medicines, recovery plan and advice. I would have no hesitation recommending Dr Astroulakis to all patients including my own family.

14th February 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I was admitted to the intensive care unit of St Georges on a Friday evening as an emergency after a heart attack. The team there led by Dr Astroulakis were super responsive, caring and efficient and despite their heavy work load I was given priory assessment and diagnosis so that I could be stented early the following morning. Since then, during my follow up appointments Dr Astroulakis has given a great deal of time and care to explain discuss and advise on my ongoing situation. I have full confidence in her ability and judgement, her straightforward approach and particularly grateful for her sensitivity. I feel particularly lucky to have been treated at St George's

15th November 2016
Written by a patient at Queen Mary's Hospital

Unlike the other people reporting here, I have come to Zoe Astroulakis for preventive care, which is always a priority in the NHS and yet can easily be viewed by a practitioner as a patient crying wolf. Zoe let me call her by her first name, which always helps to take away the tension of the hierarchy of expertise, and she listened to me with full agreement that what I was saying was of importance and needed to be dealt with quickly. She has referred me to the correct service, asking for me to be prioritised, and I left the consultation feeling validated, valued and in safe hands for the next step. She is what a doctor should aim to be.

26th September 2016
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Following a heart attack and admission to A and E, I had the great, good fortune to be placed in the care of Dr Zoe Astroulakis who undertook the initial emergency operation with what, I came to recognise, as her usual total competence. In the following months, I was to suffer a number of unrelated medical setbacks which necessitated treatment and admission to not only different departments, but different hospitals. Inevitably my heart by-pass operation was delayed. When progress stalled, a coordinated treatment plan to be undertaken solely at St Georges was initiated by Dr Astroulakis. A time consuming business for a busy doctor. Following my successful bypass operation, Dr Astroulakis has supervised my aftercare with unfailing attention to detail and empathy. In the many dealings I, and my two daughters, have had with 'Dr Zoe', she has never failed to show curtesy, total professionalism and a most welcome sense of humour. Always approachable, she is a credit to St George's and her profession.

Nearest Cardiologists