Dr Younus Saleem

I am a consultant in the NHS with a minimal private practice. I have worked as a consultant for 13 years and have extensive experience in managing a variety of cases. My areas of interest are: Impact of trauma and Physical ill health on mental health Depression Bipolar affective disorder Psychotic illnesses including schizophrenia Anxiety, OCD and stress related disorders Transcultural issues Medically Unexplained symptoms Medico-legal issues Fitness to practice I am multi-lingual and fluent in in Urdu, Hindi and Kannada with working knowledge of Arabic. My experience in specialities of psychiatry such as forensic, community, tele-psychiatry, private (mainly General Psychiatry), CQC (Care Quality Commission-Second Opinion Appointed Doctor), medico-legal etc, gives me a wide range of expertise. It equips me with knowledge and experience to work both in specialist as well as generic services within psychiatry. I write expert reports for Mental Health Review Tribunals, Immigration Appeals Cases, Ministry of Justice, Courts, Crown Prosecution Service, Solicitors, Special Immigration Appeals Panel (SIAC), the Parole Board and a whole range of other Criminal Justice agencies.

• Psychiatry

5th January 2017
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

I was pleasantly surprised with the level of support and the the follow up communications which has helped me get a better understanding of my condition and the tools in which to conquer it. Dr. Saleem and his team were understanding and were able to help me understand what is going on during a time I needed it the most.

31st December 2016
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

I received great support by both Dr Saleem as well as Jo Tierney the medical secretary during my time of therapy and as a result have begun to deal with a very long term problem. Dr Saleem's patience and calm approach gave me the opportunity to express the difficulties I have faced. I was given the chance to stay in contact outside appointment time via email,phone and text message which was a great help and showed a tireless commitment to providing support. I would easily and without hesitation recommend Dr Saleem to anyone looking into starting therapy. D.Sisman

29th December 2016
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

Honestly nothing to add, Dr Saleem has been thoroughly helpful and supportive and I thank him for it.

29th December 2016
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

Dr Saleem is a great doctor, he listened very carefully and understood all my concerns, he also gave a very clear and objective assessment which was very helpful and reassuring.

22nd December 2016
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

Dr Saleem was very helpful and understanding of my situation. He told me scientifically about what I was dealing with and has helped me divide my condition from myself. I feel a lot better after talking to him and it gave me a push in the right direction. Dr Saleem, incredibly promptly, produced a very useful document for my university explaining what I had been going through. I don't think it could have been written any better. I have never come across a professional so giving and caring as Dr Saleem. In the most difficult period of my life, Dr Saleem gave me the hope I needed to pick myself up and keep going. I still thank god the day I contacted Dr Saleem for help and he made my mum and I much stronger people.

Nearest Psychiatrists