Dr Wolfgang Walter

10th July 2017
Written by a patient at Broadmead Medical Centre

I took my courage to post here after seiing him highly rated which completely contradicts my own experience. I am a young, non-white female with mental health issues and as soon as I saw this doctor his attitude was very brusque and cold. He asked irrelevant questions about my job status and made unnecessary caustic remarks. I am nit on benefit or seeking benefit. At least he did what I asked to do.

4th July 2017
Written by a member of staff at Broadmead Medical Centre

Dr Walter is an experienced and carrying GP, his knowledge and charisma is incredible!. I truly wish there were more general practitioners as devoted to his patients as my esteemed colleague. As doctor myself I would recommend him to all my friends and family.

23rd February 2017
Written by a patient at Thornbury Health Centre

I was so blessed to get an appointment with Dr Walter, as I have always wanted a consultation with him. He is so kind and caring, and has a wealth of knowledge in conventional medicine, diet, supplementation and the latest studies on various illnesses. He really takes the time to get to the root of your problems and offers you choices. He is a very genuine man and sincerely wants to help. I highly recommend him. I would give more stars if I could!

5th January 2017
Written by a patient at Fishponds Family Practice

I have seen Dr. Walter on two occasions, both times he as provided me with an accurate diagnosis and have outlined the positives and negatives to using certain types of medication. My first encounter with Dr. Walter was in 2014, when i visited him suffering with migraines, i had seen 3 doctors previously that had suggested different medication but Dr. Walter, said that all i simply needed was more magnesium in my diet, after taking this supplement for roughly a month, my migraines had completely gone, he went as far as to send me documented studies that i read and found very interesting on how and why it works. To this day i take magnesium once every week or so and it has kept my migraines at bay, i haven't had any for roughly two years. My second encounter, today actually, i saw Dr. Walter and he was as professional as ever, i had been in hospital with sepsis, and still not feeling great, he advised another week off of work and did all the necessary checks to make sure that my condition wasn't worsening. I also brought up my fungal nail infection, he told me to avoid taking any antibiotics or over the counter pharmaceutical products as they either have high risk or do not work. Instead he said i should use Tea Tree oil which he himself has seen that i works incredibly well over time, and its not to expensive. I will be requesting Dr. Walter more often when he visits my Practice in Fishponds.

12th December 2016
Written by a patient at The Family Practice

I have seen Dr Walter as a patient on two occasions and will be asking for preference to have appointments with him in future. Dr Walter listened carefully to my ailments without judgement or cynicism. His initial diagnoses were correct and, as he is thorough, he still ordered tests which confirmed the initial diagnoses and treatment plan. He explained the cause of my ailments and made considered suggestions on how to avoid their recurrence, with reference to published literature. I am a research scientist by profession, so I appreciated his effort to ensure he had robust clinical evidence for his suggested treatments. I followed his suggestions and my health has improved as a direct result. It is worth mentioning that I was skeptical of one if his treatments, and told him so in the appointment. I have an ongoing battle with acne and am sensitive to most antibiotics. He suggested a topical antibiotic, another version of which I had already tried and had an allergic reaction to. He responded to my concerns about trying another topical antibiotic respectfully and provided valid reasons why it was worth trying. Fortunately he was right and I didn't react to this antibiotic. The acne did though and has cleared as a result of treatment. Dr Walter's manner may not be to all tastes, but his pragmatism and efficiency suits me very well. Above all, he cares about patients and seems determined to helping us to achieve a healthy lifestyle.