dr-wayne-kampers

24th February 2022

Dr Kampers is a really excellent psychiatrist. I had seen another psychiatrist privately previously, with very mixed results. It wasn’t until I saw Dr Kampers that I felt truly listened to, and that my symptoms were heard and recognises not just disregarded. He is extremely responsive, and his assistant is also very helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

24th January 2022

Couldn’t be more grateful to Dr K. Best psychiatrist experience I’ve ever had ( and by a very large margin ) He truly listened and the relationship felt collaborative as opposed to passively dictatorial ( which describes the vast majority of my previous experiences ) He was receptive, kind and supportive and has been instrumental in changing my life for the better. So so happy to have crossed his path.

12th January 2022

Dr Kampers communicated absolute attention and an implicit respect. Obviously, I felt the beneficiary of that, but I believe it is what he would offer to every single person who came under his care. He has an abundant intelligence – that isn’t hard to see – but he achieves his credibility by providing a space for the patient to talk. By making his own observations pithy, pertinent and extremely well judged, I felt entirely safe, and very very grateful for what he gave me. I should add that there were two very workmanlike and quite specific suggestions he made, very much as an aside, and both continue to be important reference points for me.

22nd November 2021

After emigrating to the UK, I suffered my first major depressive episode. Having to juggle many different life changes and stresses and being confronted with an onset of extreme anxiety, I found myself at the lowest point in my life. I owe so much to Dr Kampers and his incredible expertise and brilliance as a consultant. Within a single session, he could identify what changes needed to be made beyond simply medicating to solve the problem. By the second session, the steps he put in place literally changed my life and engineered a complete personal transformation and the growth I have subsequently experienced has been invaluable. He generally cares about getting things right and digging deeper to find out the root cause. He acknowledges the importance of hormonal imbalances and how fitness and a healthy lifestyle is tantamount to mental wellbeing. I highly recommend him to anyone in need of guidance or serious assistance on their mental health journey. I am so appreciative and grateful to have met him. Thank you Doctor!

4th November 2021

Dr Kampers is knowledgable, kind and empathetic. He is patient and gives excellent advice and care. He helped me through a difficult time and I would not hesitate to recommend him.

• Psychiatry

Earlier in my career as the medical director of a busy GP practice in Canada, I was often frustrated by the limitations of addressing mental health issues in ten-minute consultations. I wanted more time to listen to my patients, hear their stories, ask questions, and understand the context in which their symptoms arose before diagnosis and treatment. And thus began my journey to the UK, and into psychiatry.

I have been practising medicine for over 30 years, and as an Integrative Consultant Psychiatrist for the last 18 years.

I am a highly specialised and experienced doctor with a broad range of expertise and clinical skills in General Practice, Psychiatry, Pain Psychology and Mind Body Medicine.

To me, mental and physical wellbeing are equally important, and go hand in hand.

As an Integrative Consultant Psychiatrist, my approach is one that focuses on mind-body optimisation and assesses individuals as a whole and in context.

I am a mind-body and trauma informed expert clinician, who uses evidence-based approaches.

I help my patients by integrating traditional medical and psychiatric approaches, working with complementary healthcare practitioners registered with the Complimentary & Natural Healthcare Council. I encourage my patients to make a range of positive lifestyle changes. These include improvements to diet and nutrition, support with giving up smoking and losing weight, support with reducing stress, improving sleep, managing pain and other symptoms, as well as overall enhancements to wellbeing.

From patients with ADHD, anxiety spectrum conditions, mood disorders, chronic pain, stress, and trauma, to those battling addiction, or suffering early onset or established dementia, their road to recovery, or quality of life, has been hugely enhanced by my methods. Whilst medication may play a vital role, I prescribe it as part of a holistic treatment plan.

My special interest is in Chronic Primary Pain (Somatoform Pain Disorder / neuroplastic pain), and Mind body Medicine (Somatoform / Psychophysiologic Disorders).

I am skilled in the diagnostic assessment of these conditions. I have recovered from neuroplastic pain myself and developed The Pain Recovery Program https://www.thepainrecoveryprogram.com/ as a result.

Thanks to a career spanning three continents, patients can be assured of an approach that is international in outlook and sensitive to different cultures, expectations, and norms.

Nearest Psychiatrists