Dr Wayne Kampers

As the Medical Director of a busy GP practice in Canada, I was often frustrated by the limitations of addressing mental health issues in 10-minute consultations. I wanted more time to listen to my patients, hear their stories, ask questions, and understand the context in which their symptoms arose, before diagnosis and treatment. And thus began my journey to the UK, and into psychiatry; one which, years later, took another turn. A life changing experience shifted my traditional approach to psychiatry, to an integrative one that focuses on mind-body optimisation. An agonising back condition ground my life to a halt. By adopting a holistic approach to treatment, I avoided the unnecessary, risky back surgery, recommended by top specialists, and went from a place of incapacitating pain, to being medication and pain free, and resuming a normal, active life. I've since helped many patients by integrating traditional medical and psychiatric diagnostic techniques with complementary therapies, nutrition and lifestyle changes. From patients with PTSD, depression, or schizophrenia, to those battling addiction or suffering early onset dementia, their road to recovery, or quality of life, has been enhanced by this approach. Whilst medication may play a vital role, I often prescribe it as part of a holistic treatment plan.

• Psychiatry

7th August 2019

Dr Kampers is truly amazing! After 7 months of pure hell I had my first appointment with Dr Kampers and within 2 weeks there was a major positive impact. I am now back to 'normal life' and making plans for the future. The crippling anxiety has also completely vanished. honestly can not thank you enough!! Would highly recommend to anyone suffering! Professional, compassionate, excellent listening, empathy, huge breadth and depth of knowledge.

Written by a patient at 127 Harley Street
5th June 2019

Referred to me by a friend, I came to see Dr Kampers a year ago, I'd had a rough couple of months on various medications prescribed by my GP. Dr Kampers listened, was sympathetic, informative and diagnosed my condition. It has been a huge relief and most importantly the drug he prescribed worked straight off (after a few weeks) and a year down the line there's no looking back. Highly recommend this guy.

20th May 2019

Dr Kampers listens very carefully. He has shown me great empathy and led me to think about my problems with soft but very clear direction. I would recommend Dr Kampers to anyone suffering from long term depression and/or anxiety and who wants to not just find ways of coping, but to get to the heart of their troubles and take effective measures to resolve them; to find a more wholehearted way of being. Dr Kampers oversaw the therapy I received at the Priory - both the medication to lift me out of the very low state I was in, and at least as importantly the various one on one and group talking therapies that helped me make a break though out of my depressed state.

5th April 2019

Was referred to Dr Kampers after years of being prescribed antidepressants by my GP who is excellent but eventually we both realised this was not a long term solution. It transpired that I do not have any mental health issues and my past anxiety/depression stems from a thyroid problem. I continue to see Dr Kampers working to reduce/stop my dependence on the current medication but just having time to talk through issues I find invaluable. As much as I think my GP is a brilliant doctor whenever I spend time with her I am conscious there is a waiting room full of patients still waiting to see. I cannot recommend this Consultant highly enough and that comment comes from someone who has worked in the NHS (in a non clinical role) for over 46 years!

Written by a patient at 127 Harley Street
6th February 2019

When I met Dr Kampers, he was able to see there was something wrong when it wasn't entirely obvious. You've probably seen those photos of people when you search, "This is what depression looks like" - they look pretty happy, right? Wrong. Inside, it's a mess. Untangling that mess requires a methodical, logical thought process, and intelligence. Having someone that is passionate about what he does, a well-accomplished professional, is what it takes to work through the recovery. Dr Kampers helped me by giving me the hope I needed, while managing my expectations (there is some very tough work that needs to be done by the patient). We tried two therapists who practised different techniques, the latter specialising in EMDR, which has had some success with PTSD patients. It was Dr Kampers' ability and his commitment as a doctor that connected me to my exceptional therapist, and this fascinating technique, which helped me climb one of life's toughest mountains - the recovery from depression and anxiety. I totally recommend him, and thank him for his support and dedication.

Short link to review Dr Wayne Kampers: http://iwgc.net/eutb