dr-wayne-kampers

6th June 2020

I met Dr Kampers in the June of 2019. He was faced with a patient who had just been diagnosed with a condition that affected not only the brain but lots of other awful physical symptoms. In my books, it would be a case of where do you begin with this one? We have been on a journey of discovery trying to work out what meds or supplements would be appropriate. He has been totally open to learning about my condition. One year on, I am able to walk, gentle run again. My mental health has returned to a satisfactory status on the whole, which is a miracle compared to where I was. He is always there for advice, and very much gives you confidence in yourself in control of your medication etc. Basically, Dr Kampers saved my life, I can't put it more bluntly than that. He is empathetic, willing to communicate and listen to the opinions of other specialists such as my immunologist. Throughout my period of illness, I have had total confidence in him. A very special doctor indeed!

9th February 2020

I would certainly recommend Dr Wayne Kampers. I was suffering from tinnitus which lead to insomnia and very high levels of anxiety. Dr Kampers gave me the confidence and optimism that 'we will get this fixed'. Under the care of Dr Kampers my anxiety was reduced very quickly and I now have a structured plan to deal with my tinnitus. My only regret was that I didn't go to Dr Kampers earlier as initially I explored the GP route. Dr Kampers has great knowledge, expertise and very importantly empathy.

6th February 2020

Dr Kampers is open and progressive. I have found my meetings with him to be empowering. This has been my first experience with an unpleasant bout of anxiety and depression and I was nervous of doctors wanting to shove me on medication. Dr Kampers listened to me and gave me confidence to keep investing in the lifestyle changes I believe are working for me, but helped me find a traditional medication on a low dose which has really helped. I'm really glad I got to speak to such an open-minded expert who believes in empowering his patients.

6th February 2020

I can't recommend Dr Kampers enough - he listened and was quick to advise me on the best treatment for my condition. I felt cared for and confident that I was receiving the best care.

As the Medical Director of a busy GP practice in Canada, I was often frustrated by the limitations of addressing mental health issues in 10-minute consultations. I wanted more time to listen to my patients, hear their stories, ask questions, and understand the context in which their symptoms arose, before diagnosis and treatment. And thus began my journey to the UK, and into psychiatry; one which, years later, took another turn. A life changing experience shifted my traditional approach to psychiatry, to an integrative one that focuses on mind-body optimisation. An agonising back condition ground my life to a halt. By adopting a holistic approach to treatment, I avoided the unnecessary, risky back surgery, recommended by top specialists, and went from a place of incapacitating pain, to being medication and pain free, and resuming a normal, active life. I've since helped many patients by integrating traditional medical and psychiatric diagnostic techniques with complementary therapies, nutrition and lifestyle changes. From patients with PTSD, depression, or schizophrenia, to those battling addiction or suffering early onset dementia, their road to recovery, or quality of life, has been enhanced by this approach. Whilst medication may play a vital role, I often prescribe it as part of a holistic treatment plan.

Short link to review Dr Wayne Kampers: http://iwgc.net/eutb