dr-wayne-kampers

1st February 2021

I was at my absolute lowest point of a major depressive episode with significant anxiety when I had my initial assessment with Dr Kampers. He listened to all of my issues and responded with knowledge, experience, and reassuring confidence He acted immediately to provide me with a treatment plan. Within a week of following his advice, things started to improve, and now some weeks later I am pleased to say, still improving. Without Dr Kampers intervention I have no doubt I would have remained seriously ill for longer. Dr Kampers addressed all my concerns regarding medication and helped me understand clearly how his plan would help me recover, faster than I could have hoped. He expedited communications to my GP and psychotherapist and ensured that I felt included and in control of my treatment. When suffering from depression my belief that I would not get better and that my current state would not end was absolute. Dr Kampers demonstrated that recovery was possible. ‘You have a condition, that is treatable, it can be fixed’ he told me in no uncertain terms. Dr Kampers is approachable and insightful, and unlike other experiences I have had with psychiatrists, he is unintimidating. I trust him fully with my continued treatment and now look forward to my follow-up consultations with him.

1st February 2021

Dr Kampers was recommended to me by my psychologist. I hadn’t really improved over the last few months and my psychologist thought I might benefit from my medication being reviewed by an expert in the field of anxiety and OCD. I organised an hour’s session with Dr Kampers. I was so on edge and completely in an anxious state and my husband had to be with me so that I could get through! Dr Kampers listened very carefully, involving my husband. After all, he was affected by my sudden change in behaviour too... he wasn’t getting much sleep and he was really worried about me. Dr Kampers sent the reviewed medication round that same evening. He knew exactly what I needed and the right dosage. He filled me with so much relief that there was hope I could release myself from such an anxious state. Only a week in there was a massive improvement in my anxious state. I managed to speak with Dr Kampers on my own and he could already see how much calmer I was. The psychology sessions seemed more worthwhile too. I could concentrate and start to put in practice what was suggested to me. Months down the line , I am now able to wean myself very slowly off the medication, under Dr Kampers careful instruction and I am able to enjoy life again. He can see a huge change in me... I think I surprised him how quickly I started to recover. His involvement in my return to normal life was such a game changer. I thoroughly recommend Dr Kampers and I am so grateful for the reassurance he managed to give me from the moment I spoke to him. I can’t thank him enough for making me well again.

29th January 2021

Dr Kampers was recommended to me and until I spoke to him I felt I had no chance of returning to the calm, clear-headed, smiling, happy person I was before COVID hit. I think I always was a bit OCD, but COVID made me panic about any germs, contamination.... not for myself but for my family and anyone else I came into contact me. I luckily haven’t had COVID but just in case I did have it! I couldn’t think clearly and I dreaded getting out of bed each day... not like me at all. Dr Kampers knew instantly which medication would suit me and the correct dosage. Within a week of my first appointment, I was so much calmer and the psychology sessions started to get through to me. I wasn’t in the right state of mind beforehand. As the weeks passed, I became less fearful, less anxious and I could sleep again. I am now six months down the line, just starting to be weaned off my tablets, under careful guidance of Dr Kampers. His positivity and confidence meant I trusted him right from the beginning and he was right.

Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Roehampton
21st January 2021

Dr Kampers is an outstanding doctor. When I was first referred to a psychiatrist, I actually chose another doctor - Dr Kampers is an demonstrably impressive man; he’s successful, takes care of himself and exudes positivity - things that at my lowest point I didn’t want to encounter. How wrong I was to make such assumptions. He was immediately disarming, put me at ease and let me talk. He really, really listened to me. He wanted to admit me as an inpatient initially, but it wasn’t what I wanted. He’d acknowledged I’d been sober before - because he’d been listening - and trusted that if I said I’d commit to sobriety, that I would. He said he wouldn’t treat me unless I’d show commitment to it - I tapered off (following his advice) and saw him 4 weeks later. I wasn't well, but I’d achieved sobriety. We spoke some more. He wanted a period of complete sobriety, so we had a deal. His closing statement to me “I promise you, you follow our plan, and I will make you feel better. Your life will improve.” - it was a bold statement, but I believed every word. He was so certain. Without me saying it directly, he knew that my self-image was important to me - he also knew SSRIs hadn’t worked. He prescribed Bupropion - promised no weight gain and would just help lift my mood. Within 6 months I was a different person - I was me, nothing had really changed - I was just feeling better. My depression and anxiety scores had decreased by over half, I’d got a new job, had a healthy relationship and was ready to start the final phase. Personal circumstances prevented me completing my treatment, truth be told, but I’m absolutely certain if I’d have finished our programme - I would never use the word cured - but I’d have had all the tools needed to navigate the world. He checked up on me, of course, and 2 years later while I need help again, he took the time to respond to me - and due to circumstances based on Covid and location, I won’t be able to see him this time round. But he kindly sent me all my files and I know that equipped with his insights, my next psychiatrist will be able to carry through his plan. He’s not just a personable man and an expert in his field, he is someone that anyone with a major depressive disorder, panic and anxiety disorder and a severe alcohol misuse disorder would be more than lucky to see. By far the best doctor I’ve ever met. Put simply, I speak of him often.

Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Roehampton
11th December 2020

I can't recommend Dr Kampers more highly. I saw him for anxiety, which was quite frankly ruining my life....I was waking in the night, obsessing all day and pretty much all I was doing was having crazy anxious thought that I couldn't control. Dr Kampers helped me get back to normal and very quickly. I was very worried about taking any medication and he was VERY reassuring throughout and also recommended new non medical treatments too. He was a great listener and then when he's finishes listening to everything, he was so positive in how he's going to get me better, explained the plan so well that I just feel a huge burden lifted. I never usually bother writing reviews but I definitely owe Dr Kampers for helping me!

As the Medical Director of a busy GP practice in Canada, I was often frustrated by the limitations of addressing mental health issues in 10-minute consultations. I wanted more time to listen to my patients, hear their stories, ask questions, and understand the context in which their symptoms arose, before diagnosis and treatment. And thus began my journey to the UK, and into psychiatry; one which, years later, took another turn. A life changing experience shifted my traditional approach to psychiatry, to an integrative one that focuses on mind-body optimisation. An agonising back condition ground my life to a halt. By adopting a holistic approach to treatment, I avoided the unnecessary, risky back surgery, recommended by top specialists, and went from a place of incapacitating pain, to being medication and pain free, and resuming a normal, active life. I've since helped many patients by integrating traditional medical and psychiatric diagnostic techniques with complementary therapies, nutrition and lifestyle changes. From patients with PTSD, depression, or schizophrenia, to those battling addiction or suffering early onset dementia, their road to recovery, or quality of life, has been enhanced by this approach. Whilst medication may play a vital role, I often prescribe it as part of a holistic treatment plan.

Short link to review Dr Wayne Kampers: http://iwgc.net/eutb