Dr Vikas Shah

I am a Consultant Radiologist trained in gastrointestinal (small bowel and colon) and pelvic floor imaging. The imaging tests that I specialise in include: - defaecating proctograms - endoanal ultrasound - small bowel ultrasound and MRI - CT colonography - pelvic MRI for anal and rectal disorders - general abdomen and pelvis CT, MRI and ultrasound I have published research and delivered presentations in these areas internationally. My major professional interest outside imaging is teaching, and run several postgraduate teaching courses.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

2nd July 2015
Written by a patient at Glenfield Hospital

Dr Vikas Shah has a very friendly manner. I felt like he had time to listen to my symptoms and gain a full history prior to my scan. during the scan I was fully reassured and well cared for. After my scan I was given the options to review my Images and felt that I was fully informed. I am not sure how this service could be improved as I felt I had excellent care.

4th June 2015
Written by a patient at Glenfield Hospital

In my opinion Dr Vikas Shah showed great interest in my problems discussing with me at great length my symptoms and how I felt before the proctogram and afterwards to look at the x-rays. This is the second proctogram the first being July 2014 and for me it has on both occasions been a very positive experience because I was listened to and my feelings and thoughts about my problems were accepted and not just pushed aside. Dr Shah asked many questions and explained the x-rays fully, telling me exactly what we were viewing on the screen and comparing the results of both proctograms. Most of all this made me feel like an individual patient with important issues to be dealt with and not just a hospital number. I left the appointment feeling satisfied about many of the problems I have and not with a head full of questions. Dr Shah is a very genuine person who takes great interest in you and what you have to say, I feel that is the way forward to treating patients properly so that their issues can be dealt with correctly and the right operations performed or treatment given. I also feel that this could save money in the long run for NHS and Private patient care as people can be treated appropriately and quickly, therefore cutting back on appointments and wasted time trying different ways to treat the problem when it can be found more quickly and the patient dealt with. I am aware that it is not always possible to get it right instantly but still believe if a patient is listened to and treated with care a lot more can be achieved in less time. So I believe this could save time and money, therefore more patients can be treated in less time, rather than wasting time and money throwing drugs/medications at patients without listening to them properly. We need more dedicated Doctors like Dr Shah who if are allowed and encouraged to develop their skills and not have their hands tied, can give a better service to the community and I believe in the long run patients can be treated quickly and this will reduce the waiting lists. Thank you again to Dr Shah you are a wonderful example of a very dedicated caring doctor, we need more like you.

3rd June 2015
Written by a patient at Leicester General Hospital

I sought out Dr. Shah for a second opinion on my proctogram (aka "defecography") images after learning about his experience as a radiologist specializing in bowel problems. He was very responsive to my questions and helped me gain a better picture of the condition I have. I would recommend him of course for his expertise and professionalism, but also because he strikes me as a very kind doctor as well.

19th May 2015
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

I liked Dr Shah's gentle manner and he: - appreciated my apprehension at having to undergo the scan - was very approachable. - put me at ease and created a 'safe' environment. - took time to clearly explain what was going to take place and was in no way patronising - invited questions - spent time explaining his findings I did not feel rushed or panicky at any stage. I am hard pushed to make suggestions where he could improve the care and attention.

7th April 2015
Written by a patient at Glenfield Hospital

I was very nervous about having this scan but after Dr Shah had explained and show me what they were looking for I felt very at ease and comfortable. I def agree with them showing u what they are looking for and being able to see the results. Highly recommended and such a great service.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »