Dr Vikas Kapoor

I have been working as a GP in South Buckinghamshire since 2003. Prior to that, I spent several years working in various hospital specialties. My clinical interests are in musculoskeletal medicine, minor procedures, joint injections, dermatology and mental health. I have completed the diploma in occupational medicine and the Warwick course in COPD.

24th February 2018
Written by a patient at Chiltern House Med Centre

My Name is Cyril Morgan.of 68 parsonage close High Wycombe Bucks hp136du.I have been a patient at Chiltern House Medical Centre since 1965. I first met Dr vikas Kapoor in 2017, and I said to my self what a lovely Doctor,he listen to me about my condition and also my wife condition and we got the treatment.I have to say I will give 10 out of 10 any time and I have told all my family and friends about him.thanking you.

28th January 2018
Written by a patient at Chancellor House Surgery

I visited Dr kapoor 14 Month's ago, explained my symptoms, he referred me to the hospital straight away. He said I will hold my hands up if I'm wrong but I believe you are suffering from polymyalgia rheumatica. He was correct. A previous doctor three years ago said to me you may have polymyalgia rheumatica but you haven't and didn't even bother to refer me. Under his regular care I am now finishing my last steroid tablets. I have always had complete faith in him. He is caring and nothing was too much trouble. A fantastic doctor who I would recommend whole heartedly. An absolute star.

23rd January 2018
Written by a patient at Chancellor House Surgery

Doctor Kapoor is reminiscent of the gps of old He is friendly , patient, he listens, he is without doubt a very competent and professional gp That leaves no stone unturned to get to the bottom of your problem He never rushes you or makes you feel your in a time constraint He will be sorely missed

12th July 2017
Written by a patient at Chancellor House Surgery

Dr Kapoor has provided me with outstanding care and attention during a difficult time whilst dealing with a mental health issue. I was sceptical about going to a GP but from my initial appointment Dr Kapoor listened to me, provided me with clear options with regards to my recovery and always acted highly professional. He has monitored my recovery and progress closely. I always felt he had time for me and cared about my health. I cannot thank and recommend Dr Kapoor enough.

27th March 2017
Written by a patient at Chancellor House Surgery

Dr Kapoor is the best GP I have ever come across. Most importantly, he listens to what you have to say and examines you properly. Unlike a lot of other GP's that I have experienced, Dr Kapoor has taken my symptoms seriously every time and referred me to specialists where necessary. For example, I had an existing scalp condition that another GP had dismissed, citing that I had probably not washed the shampoo out of my hair properly (without even examining my scalp). Dr Kapoor on the other hand examined me properly and referred me to a specialist, who then prescribed the right medication for what was a genuine infection. In another case, I was having some serious problems at work and needed some time off with work related stress. I think there can be a fine line here with regards to who genuinely needs to be signed off work and those looking for a bit of extra holiday. I found Dr Kapoor extremely professional and understanding. He spent the time with me that was needed for me to go into detail about my work related issues and he understood the need for me to take time off, while my HR department investigated my concerns. Dr Kapoor behaved in a way which I considered balanced and measured; I always felt comfortable talking to Dr Kapoor about my situation. He is a very empathetic gentleman who always understood the impact on my wellbeing; this meant I could have a sensible conversation with him, without the need to over-dramatise my condition when visiting him in the surgery. If you want to see a doctor who will take your symptoms seriously, examine you properly and take action, then Dr Kapoor is the man you need to see. He will do all of these things and have a real conversation with you to understand your emotional as well as your physical health. This is the basics of what I expect from a health professional... but with so few GP's living up to these basic expectations, it puts Dr Kapoor at the top of his profession.

Short link to review Dr Vikas Kapoor: http://iwgc.net/effhs