Dr Vikas Kapoor

I have been working as a GP in South Buckinghamshire since 2003. Prior to that, I spent several years working in various hospital specialties. My clinical interests are in musculoskeletal medicine, minor procedures, joint injections, dermatology and mental health. I have completed the diploma in occupational medicine and the Warwick course in COPD.

12th July 2017
Written by a patient at Chancellor House Surgery

Dr Kapoor has provided me with outstanding care and attention during a difficult time whilst dealing with a mental health issue. I was sceptical about going to a GP but from my initial appointment Dr Kapoor listened to me, provided me with clear options with regards to my recovery and always acted highly professional. He has monitored my recovery and progress closely. I always felt he had time for me and cared about my health. I cannot thank and recommend Dr Kapoor enough.

27th March 2017
Written by a patient at Chancellor House Surgery

Dr Kapoor is the best GP I have ever come across. Most importantly, he listens to what you have to say and examines you properly. Unlike a lot of other GP's that I have experienced, Dr Kapoor has taken my symptoms seriously every time and referred me to specialists where necessary. For example, I had an existing scalp condition that another GP had dismissed, citing that I had probably not washed the shampoo out of my hair properly (without even examining my scalp). Dr Kapoor on the other hand examined me properly and referred me to a specialist, who then prescribed the right medication for what was a genuine infection. In another case, I was having some serious problems at work and needed some time off with work related stress. I think there can be a fine line here with regards to who genuinely needs to be signed off work and those looking for a bit of extra holiday. I found Dr Kapoor extremely professional and understanding. He spent the time with me that was needed for me to go into detail about my work related issues and he understood the need for me to take time off, while my HR department investigated my concerns. Dr Kapoor behaved in a way which I considered balanced and measured; I always felt comfortable talking to Dr Kapoor about my situation. He is a very empathetic gentleman who always understood the impact on my wellbeing; this meant I could have a sensible conversation with him, without the need to over-dramatise my condition when visiting him in the surgery. If you want to see a doctor who will take your symptoms seriously, examine you properly and take action, then Dr Kapoor is the man you need to see. He will do all of these things and have a real conversation with you to understand your emotional as well as your physical health. This is the basics of what I expect from a health professional... but with so few GP's living up to these basic expectations, it puts Dr Kapoor at the top of his profession.

23rd February 2017
Written by a patient at Chancellor House Surgery

Dr Vikas Kapoor listen, was understanding of mental health and helped in getting my medication reviewed. He helped in getting support from CMHT. I found Dr Vikas Kapoor actually listen to me and helped in any way he could. I would definitely recommend this Dr to my friends and family. It is such a shame that he is only available at my surgery on a Tuesday. I do talk to other patients whilst waiting to see Dr Vikas Kapoor, they all have said how good a Dr he is. He gives all the different options available so you can actually have a say in your treatment. Which i find very helpful in my treatment and on going mental health issues.

17th February 2017
Written by a carer at Chancellor House Surgery

Doctor Vikas Kapoor discussed the treatment he planned for my teenage daughter in depth. I was very concerned about My daughter has been shuttling among doctors and various treatments but it was only doctor Kapoor who cured her. One extremely happy mother.

9th February 2017
Written by a carer at Chiltern House Med Centre

We all went to see Dr Kapoor as a family, but the appointment was for our 4 year old daughter that had spent the night vomiting. Dr Kapoor listened patiently to our description of the events and then examined our little one. Because she was tired looking and not very responsive he told us that he would like to see her later in the day too. We thought that Dr Kapoor was very caring and he really reassured us.

Short link to review Dr Vikas Kapoor: http://iwgc.net/effhs