Dr Veneta Cooney

• Occupational Health

24th October 2016
Written by a patient at The Royal Free Hospital

I was seen at the Royal Free Hospital Health & work centre by Dr Cooney whilst suffering mental health problems.I had mentioned to the nurse that I was feeling suicidal & also mentioned about a lack of confidentially .I was passed on to Dr Cooney who with other staff members in the next room proceeded to shout about my mental health problems very loudly so as the people in the next room could clearly hear,which she continued to do even after I had asked why she was doing this & could she please stop.This resulted in me walking out of the interview .A couple of weeks later I tried to commit suicide.After getting released from hospital then the mental health institute I phoned her from the crisis house I was in & told her she was a disgrace to her profession to which she said she was sorry I felt that way.Her actions were deliberate & unprofessional & I'm sure contributed to the attempt to commit suicide.

Nearest Occupational health specialists