Dr Vaneet Khanna

Written by a patient at Warrington Hospital
18th December 2020

I was admitted with a positive d dimer blood test in 2015 and chest pain , initial diagnosis PE. Scan was normal however he found a lump in right upper q of breast , knowing I had strong FH he did right thing and suggested further investigation by the surgical team . I should have had a mammogram and been followed up in the family history clinic accordingly. I was diagnosed with breast cancer sadly in 2017 and experts opinion suggest this was a missed opportunity on no fault of Dr Khanna. The cancer was the exact location of Dr Khanna’s findings. Thank you for initially findings it although disappointed it was not followed through or been referred back to family history having originally visiting in 2006, having been promised annual screening that never happened. Denied genetic testing at the time due to the associated cost unfortunately only upon diagnosis at 38 did I qualify for genetics that confirmed my suspicion , yes do carry a BRCA mutation and should have been followed up. THANK YOU to Dr Khanna this was none of your doing although no way of getting to discuss with you. I wanted you to know.

• Geriatric medicine