Dr Tim Clayton

Dr Tim Clayton is a consultant dermatologist who practices in Manchester. For more information please review his website: http://www.dermexpert.co.uk Tim is fully trained in adult and paediatric dermatology and is listed on the GMC specialist register. He was recently named by the Times of London as one of the top 100 uk children’s doctors. He practices at Salford Royal NHS trust and the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital. Dr Tim has also opened a new consulting suite at 76 King Street, Manchester. Dr Clayton is experienced to manage all aspects of skin disease. He qualified in 1995 and he is is a member of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh). He is also a member of the British Association of Dermatologists, the European Academy of Dermatologists, the British Society for Cutaneous Allergy, the European Society for Paediatric Dermatology and an executive board member of the British Society for Paediatric Dermatology. Dr Clayton’s special clinical interests include; Atopic Eczema, Acne, Rosacea, Vascular Birthmarks, Skin Cancer, Genetic Skin disease, Paediatric and Adult Dermatological Surgery and Laser Surgery. Dr Clayton aims to provide a straight forward and honest opinion about his patient’s skin concerns, whether they are medical or cosmetic in nature. He is an official spokesperson for the British Skin Foundation and has written many articles for the national press and numerous lifestyle magazines including; Full House, Practical Parenting and Pregnancy, Champions League Magazine, and Arena. Dr Clayton’s private practices are located in Manchester City Centre and Salford. Dr Clayton is an honorary senior clinical lecturer at the University of Manchester.

« 1 2 3 4 »

26th May 2017
Written by a carer at Salford Royal Hospital

Tim has been a fantastic specialist for my children. He took me seriously from the outset, reassured me continuously and made me feel 100% confident in his ability to treat my children. He is always punctual and 9 times out of 10, he has been available for us to see in person, which I feel is important. He has an amiable personality and is exceptional in his knowledge and expertise. I have recommended Tim to several people, all of whom have been extremely impressed.

17th May 2017
Written by a carer at Oaklands Hospital

I was able to get an appointment very quickly and easily with Dr Clayton. After struggling for 9 weeks with weekly visits to the GP without any real diagnosis or help one quick visit to Dr Clayton and he knew the answer and within a week my son's skin complaint was almost 100% resolved. He was very friendly and knowledgeable. I felt completely confident that Dr Clayton would resolve the issue and very reassured that he also offered his email address so we could contact him if required in future.

2nd May 2017
Written by a patient at Pall Mall Medical

I had my first appointment with Dr Tim Clayton in September 2016. From the outset he was extremely professional and gave clear concise explanations of my skin condition and the available treatment options allowing me to make an informed decision. He showed a great empathy towards my acne and the impact it was having on my life making me feel completely at ease around him. Eight months on my skin is dramatically improved and my confidence and happiness has increased as a result. I would recommend Dr Clayton to anyone looking for a dermatologist, he is a credit to his profession. Rachel Connolly

28th March 2017
Written by a carer at Royal Manchester Children's Hospital

Amazing care from diagnosis to discharge. Great manner with both myself, my very anxious partner and my little girl. Very professional and caring. Thank you Dr Clayton

23rd March 2017
Written by a carer at Royal Manchester Children's Hospital

My daughter had a very unusual lesion on her cheek, which was mystifying many Doctors. When we saw Dr Clayton, I felt that he went the extra mile to get to the bottom of the problem . I always felt he cared and reassured us. We were always seen on time in clinics, my daughter enjoyed her hospital visits. Thankfully everything is fine now and she is discharged- but we are very grateful to Dr Clayton and his team who looked after us over the years, at Pall Mall, the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital and Salford Royal. The care was excellent in all locations.

« 1 2 3 4 »