Dr Tihana Bicanic

• Infectious diseases

15th October 2015
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I was recently seen by Dr Bicanic in her Clinical Infection Unit Outpatients Clinic at St George's Hospital. Her warm and efficient manner is immediately reassuring and would put even the most nervous patient at ease. She takes great care to familiarize herself with the patients and their medical needs and history. She is a good listener, can sympathetically understand issues from the patient's point of view as well as from the medical ones, and is able to explain procedures clearly and allay any fears that the patient may have. She is also very good at explaining test results in a way that is easily comprehensible to a lay person.

1st September 2014
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I have seen Dr Bicanic at the out patients clinics at St Georges Tooting, she always listens to what you have to say, and makes you feel comfortable and you never feel that she is rushing or clock watching. She explains in great detail what all the tests results mean, and for me its been a very long road. When I initially Saw Dr Bicanic, she reassured me she would do everything possible to find the cause of my problem and I have to say not stone has been left unturned, the service has been first class and she has a great personality. I never felt I was just a patient number, a truly wonderful consultant, with an excellent bed side manner.

15th August 2014
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Dr Bicanic was incredibly helpful with my recent diagnosis - she was also happy to be called outside of our appointments which was kind, and useful. From the start she was easy to talk to and always clear. I hugely appreciate all she's done for me.

13th August 2014
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I met Dr Tihana Bicanic on 18 June this year at the Clinical Infection Unit at St George's Hospital. To try to find a remedy for my devious mysterious illness which puzzled all consultants like Dr Dearden of Royal Marsden Hospital, other NHS consultants, my son Consultant and other friends 's consultants in different fields. My illness is a seven years history of episodes of fever and rigours when I subjected even to a 15 minutes cold atmosphere like driving an air conditioned car, sitting outside in a garden, visiting a friend with the air condition on, walking in the cold isle of a supermarket and so on. I have to carry a blanket with me to cover my knees and wear a jumper most of the time. It has affected my quality of life tremendously. I was so pleased to meet such a dedicated Dr Tihana. She is very professional and she gave me a plenty of time to explain my misery. She said Ali I will get to the bottom of it and discover this mystery. I told her" Dr Tihana you will have the crown if you find it." The word crown used by my GP after they were exhausted in trying to find the cause of this illness This Doctor is so excellent and dedicated, contacting my previous Haematologist Consultant at Kingston Hospital and my current Haematologist Consultant Dr Dearden at Royal Marsden as I have the illness CLL ( Chronic lymphatic Cancer) Dr Dreaden praised her dedication in seeking any information in helping her in her research for this illness. Dr Tihana even took the time to call me on the phone to seek further information. She administered various blood test which I did recently before seeing her on my next appointment. I am very grateful to this great Dr Tihana and may be she will find the cause of this horrible illness which changed my quality of life. I am now having this attack again after the last one which occurred two months ago with a temperature of 39.2 starting yesterday and will last three days and the only medicine I take is Paracetamol tablets. My god bless Dr Tahina.o A. Daghir

5th August 2014
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Excellent service from Dr Tihana Bicanic.

Nearest Infectious disease specialists