Dr Thang Han

Written by a NHS patient at St Peter's Hospital
16th November 2022

I was referred to Dr Han for amenhorrea, which I had been experiencing alongside a range of other symptoms including persistent weight loss and gradual progressive visual field loss. I explained this combination of symptoms to Dr Han at each telephone consultation, and he diagnosed me as 'a stressful person' and told me that if I ate more my symptoms would resolve. On several occasions I explicitly explained to Dr Han that I was concerned my symptoms were being caused by something in my brain - such as a tumour or aneurysm. He dismissed my concerns and said 'if I had an aneurysm I'd be dead by now'. A few months later (after years of seeking help from various medical professionals, and being forced to self-present at a London A&E in desperation) I was finally diagnosed with a Craniopharyngioma brain tumour. As an endocrinologist, Dr Han should have been acutely aware of the combination of symptoms characteristic of pituitary tumours (something a quick google search would show!). Instead, Dr Han failed to listen to my concerns or to take them seriously - and at points actively dismissed me - which ultimately led to further delay in my diagnosis and the worsening of my symptoms including vision loss. I would not trust or recommend this doctor to others.

• Endocrinology