Dr Syed Ahsan

I am a Consultant Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist at Barts Heart Centre, London. I am an Honorary Consultant at North Middlesex Hospital and also see patients privately. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and feedback which are very important to me

10th February 2017
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

I have been seeing Dr Ahsan for the past 18 months off and on. From my first consultation he was endlessly patient,caring and obviously 100% detirmined to help. His knowledge and experience coupled with his calm manner puts the patient at ease from the start. His very friendly and efficient secretary Helen also ensures that the service and treatment he provides is exceptional at all points of the process.

9th January 2017
Written by a carer at St Bartholomew's Hospital

My daughter and I arrived at Bart's for her 10.15 appointment on Thursday 5th January 2017 only to find that her appointment had been cancelled, as she had had an extra appointment back in September 2016, so there was confusion over the 6 month follow up appointment. The reception staff were very helpful and said to us that they would see if Dr Ahsan could fit her in. He kindly said that he would and she only had to wait for 30 minutes to be seen. Dr Ahsan is a caring man and listens very carefully to what my daughter and I have to say and acts upon our comments accordingly. He reassures the pair of us and my daughter feels very comfortable talking to him. His secretary is also very efficient and so helpful. On the few occasions that I have emailed her, she has dealt with our request very promptly. They are a great team and nothing is too much trouble for either of them!

8th January 2017
Written by a carer at St Anthony's Hospital

Dr Ahsan is a cardiologist recommended to us because he worked south of the Thames as well as in the north, and I can't think that there is a better doctor. From the very beginning, he showed great interest in my wife's problems, spent much time in his diagnosis, and then took great care to ensure not only my wife but all my family knew exactly what the problem was. He filled us all with great confidence and his dedication to her and to ensure that we all not only understood the problems but were ourselves coping with the strain of them. His patience and dedication were unbelievable and in my experience, despite being very busy, his patience with all of us could not have been exceeded. His operation passed smoothly and had the desired effect and I have no doubt has prolonged my wife's life. I have no hesitation in recommending him to anybody needing a cardiologist. A very fine, caring and skilled man

3rd January 2017
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

Mr Ahsan has been my conultant for three years. I have always found him to be kind, compassionate and patient. He was particularly patient (as was the whole yeam) when Ichanged my mind about my procedure at the eleventh hour. In each consultation I have never felt rushed. He explains things carefully and, if required, in detail. He is accessible and has always listened to me and answered all of my questions.

30th December 2016
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

Dr Ahsan is an excellent Consultant Cardiologist, with an up-to-date knowledge of the latest available medical procedures and treatments. He is approachable, friendly and truly caring. I have received the best possible care from Dr Ahsan over the past 18 months, and I feel safe and reassured to have the treatment of my heart condition under his management.

Nearest Cardiologists