Dr Syed Ahsan

I am a Consultant Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist at Barts Heart Centre, London. I am an Honorary Consultant at North Middlesex Hospital and also see patients privately. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and feedback which are very important to me

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

12th April 2018
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

Dr. Ahsan attended me in October last, for a small heart problem. He was absolutely marvellous, attentive, good listener and kind beyond words. Would recommend this gentleman to anyone without hesitation. Best Dr. I have been to. Janet Turner, Brookmans Park.

28th March 2018
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

I write on behalf of my mother, who was very kindly referred by her cardiology consultant at UCLH to be seen by Dr Ahsan in the Department of Arrhthymia Services last November, 2017. I apologise profusely for the delay in submitting this feedback following the first consultation with Dr Ahsan on 9 November 2017, which I attended along with my mother. We were extremely impressed by, and grateful for, all aspects of the treatment and care received from Dr Ahsan. He had clearly fully digested all the earlier correspondence, ECGs etc arising out of my mother's care at UCLH. He questioned her closely on all her recent symptoms and episodes. He outlined most clearly and helpfully a range of possible hypotheses for her condition, and then put forward a series of possible diagnostic/treatment options, together with ramifications and possible theoretical risks. He listened carefully to our concerns and offered reassuring advice as to his current view and as to the way forward. He offered useful comment about my mother's current medication regime, and useful lifestyle recommendations. He kindly referred her for the fitting of an implantable loop recorder to monitor her symptoms, and he arranged for this to be carried out most promptly, in December 2017. During the November consultation, Dr Ahsan answered all our questions most fully and helpfully. He was extremely kind, sensitive and respectful in his manner towards us. He wrote an extremely detailed, helpful and reassuring follow-up letter. We are very much looking forward to my mother's follow-up consultation with him tomorrow.

26th January 2018
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

Dr Ahsan was everything an anxious patient would want in their doctor - kind, patient, understanding and reassuring. I was so taken aback when he called me a week after our first appointment to see how I was getting on, I don't think many doctors would take the time to do that. Both he and his secretary Helen helped me over Christmas when I started suffering side effects from my medication, and within a few hours I had a call from Dr Ahsan and a new prescription. I'm so grateful for their help, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent cardiologist. Thank you, Dr Ahsan.

19th September 2017
Written by a patient at North Middlesex Hospital

After suffering from a heart condition for a number of years I was very happy to meet Dr Ahsan, from the first consultation where he believed there was a solution I have now completed the surgery and had my final consultation with him today. The surgery has been a success and everything Dr Ahsan said would happen from start to finish went just as he said it would. I cannot thank Dr Ahsan and the NHS enough. It is truly remarkable what doctors can do these days and we are all incredibly lucky to have such a service caring for us.

31st July 2017
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

I am very grateful to have Dr Syed Ahsan as my consultant. Dr Ahsan always greets you warmly on each visit despite his busy workload. Dr Ahsan explains everything clearly and helps you to understand even the most complex medical terms. He puts you totally at ease. I totally trust him and respect his advice. He always listens and when I have had any concerns or worries about an operation his explanations reassure. He is also firm in offering advice on changing lifestyle and motivates you to help yourself in your path to recovery. I feel very fortunate to have Dr Ahsan treating me and would have no hesitation recommending to other patients. Anthony Bartram

« 1 2 3 4 5 »