Dr Subash Somalanka

Written by a NHS patient at St Peter's Hospital
9th April 2021

Dr. Somalanka has been my nephrologist since my undergraduate studies, and to summarise what I think differs him the most from the other doctors, I think it’s definitely his transparency of information & consistency of communication with his patients. He provides clear explanations regarding patient’s medical condition in a concise manner, and his responsive communications allows medical adjustments to be made more at ease.

13th April 2021
Response from Dr Subash Somalanka

Thank you.

Written by a NHS patient at Wokingham Community Hospital
31st March 2021

Dr Somalanka has always taken great care to explain things in easy to understand language. During lockdown he always telephoned when he said he would, and some occasions between appointed consultations to see how I was doing. He always spoke to myself and my wife to ensure complete understanding of my complex condition and medication needs. Since Dr Somalanka has been able to see us in clinic he has gone to great lengths to show us how my condition is improving, through graphs, and checking our understanding at all times, again including my wife in all conversations. He has a very friendly approach, always putting us at ease.

6th April 2021
Response from Dr Subash Somalanka

Thank you very much for your kind words and the review. It makes a big difference in these difficult and unprecedented times of the COVID pandemic.

Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital
19th August 2020

I was referred to Dr Subash from my GP. Because of COVID I had two telephone appointments with him. He was extremely informative on both appointments. He is clearly very professional in what he does.He discharged me back to my GP following the second consultation but said if I had any further problems to not hesitate to contact him. I thought that was a Nice personal touch. Many thanks NHS and Dr Subash

• Nephrology

Kidney diseases, Acute Kidney Injury, Chronic Kidney Disease, Hypertension, Haemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis, Kidney transplant workup and management in post transplant period, skilled in insertion of haemodialysis and peritoneal catheters under local anaesthesia.

Nearest Nephrologists