Dr Stephen Taylor MBChB, FRCP, PhD

Consultant Physician, Sexual Health and HIV Medicine Lead Consultant Birmingham Heartlands HIV Service Tri-Service Consultant Advisor HM Armed Forces Hon Sen Lecturer University of Birmingham Medical Director Saving Lives Trust www.HIVbirmingham.nhs.uk wwwsexualhealthbirmingham.nhs.uk www.savinglivesuk.com Twitter 1 @docstevetaylor Twitter 2 @savinglivesuk Twitter 3 @hivheartlands Twitter 4 @healthysexbrum

• Genitourinary Medicine and Sexual Health
  • Infectious diseases

11th April 2016
Written by a patient at Birmingham Heartlands Hospital

Dr.Taylor is one of the best Doctor I have come across in my life. I always feel very welcome and comfortable on my appointments with him. He has helped me fighting the horrors of HIV and its almost 5 or 7 years now I feel like any normal person. Many thanks for looking after me

3rd June 2015
Written by a patient at Birmingham Heartlands Hospital

Despite great pressure on NHS services this Lead Consultant goes the extra mile to ensure I am treated as an individual and always demonstrates that he really does care. What's more he listens and is very thorough. Not one to judge he regularly requests feedback how he and his team could be even better. I travel some distance for a consultation because I cannot match the level of care provided by Dr Taylor and the great team at Heartlands Genitourinary Medicine any nearer home. This feedback is not based on one consultation but a consistent standard of care for over ten years. Thank you!

1st June 2015
Written by a patient at Birmingham Heartlands Hospital

Dr Taylor has been my HIV Dr for about 5years , I find him to be the most helpful, understanding Dr I have ever had , he completely gets what it is like to be living with HIV , not just as a physical illness , but also all the mental stress and anxiety that comes with it. I have always felt very comfortable talking to him and trust him whole heartedly, after all my life is in his hands. He is so passionate in his conviction in all does to make my life as easy as he can for me, as he does for all his patients .

16th March 2015
Written by a patient at Birmingham Heartlands Hospital

I have been under the care of Dr Taylor for nearly 19 years and feel that he is empathetic, passionate and dedicated to both his role and the patients with whom he works. His approach is one that has always been open and honest and I feel that this is needed when dealing with issues in relation to HIV. Dr Taylor has excellent communication abilities and conveys his professionalism within all of my appointments.

17th February 2015
Written by a patient at Birmingham Heartlands Hospital

A first class consultant doctor. He clearly is abreast of all of the latest treatments and developments within his field and this inspires total trust and confidence. His manner is excellent; sympathetic without being condescending and straightforward without being brutal. This is quite a skill! Last time I visited I was seen 45 minutes late as he had run behind with other patients earlier in the surgery. I was therefore not expecting to be given a great deal of time unless something was drastically wrong. Whilst I was generally fine, Steve took the time to ask about me and give me an outline of options that will emerge in the near future. All in all he took about 20 minutes, which whilst that might not seem a great deal to some, was valued by me greatly. An outstanding doctor and I feel lucky that he is influential in my current and future care.

Nearest Genitourinary medicine and sexual health specialists

Short link to review Dr Stephen Taylor MBChB, FRCP, PhD: http://iwgc.net/eemlu