Dr Sophia Khan

I was born and educated in South Warwickshire and completed my initial medical degree in Bristol University. I then completed my General Medical training in the South West and my higher specialist rheumatology training in Birmingham and the West Midlands. I have been a Consultant Rheumatologist since 2010 and see patients with all rheumatological problems including inflammatory arthritis, gout, connective tissue diseases, soft tissue problems such as bursitis and tendonitis and osteoarthritis. I also run a multidiscliplinary clinic for Ankylosing Spondylitis patients as part of my NHS practice. I am a Principal Investigator in clinical trials in the fields of rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis, as well as being a committee member of the West Midlands Rheumatology training committee which co-ordinates local higher speciality training.

11th March 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Little Aston Hospital

I recently had a consultation with Doctor Sophia Khan. What a wonderful doctor. She diagnosed my condition within fifteen minutes and prescribed medication which my own GP had ignored. I continue to improve in her care. She is a very pleasant and down to earth doctor and I would highly recommend her.

10th February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Little Aston Hospital

Dr Khan was very personable, professional and knowledgeable. She gave me confidence in both her medical abilities and her ability to understand how a patient feels and their anxieties. She made me feel comfortable and at ease from the moment I walked into the consultation. She listened patiently to all I had to say and answered all of the questions I had. If I was unsure about anything, she reiterated any information. She gave a diagnosis of my condition and explained what this meant and how it was to be treated. I was given leaflets containing detailed information, to allow me to refer to them later. I left the consultation feeling happier, greatly relieved and with a renewed determination to deal with the condition.

24th January 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Little Aston Hospital

Thank you so much for the time you spent to talk and understand my circumstances! I really did appreciate it! I now have a diagnosis on a condition I have been suffering with for the past 11 years.

20th January 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Little Aston Hospital

Absolutley amazing lady.i was so scared due to having blood test results I didnt understand and continual upper back pain.she was very friendly listened to what my concerns were and she put me at ease. She explained everything in a way I could understand and talked me through all my concerns. I left her office feeling much more relaxed. I can not praise Dr Khan high enough..

1st July 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Little Aston Hospital

Dr Khan actually took time to go through all my symptoms and then decide on suitable tests.

Short link to review Dr Sophia Khan: http://iwgc.net/effnz