Dr Soniya Mathew

1st March 2017
Written by a patient at Alvaston Medical Centre

I needed to see a doctor concerning severe pain caused by a trapped nerve. Unfortunately this doctor was given to me. I have never felt so imtimitated or belittled as when trying to explain I had reactions to certain pain killers she rudely answered "THEN what DO you expect me to DO for you". When I tried to aid with other symptoms she basically told be to be quiet and don't interupt her. In my own opinion this is not how a doctor in the 21st Century should be allowed to talk and treat patients. Will NEVER see this doctor again. Relevently unbeknown to me my dad also went to see Dr Mathews who prompptly made a 70 year old man with the after effects of Guillain-Barre syndrome believe that he didnt need to take the tablets to control his resulting ailments and he was a time waster. This has resulted in him refusing to go back there with dangerous consequences after being rushed to A&E with blood pressure of 219/118. Please retrain Dr Mathews in how to treat her patients.

24th January 2015
Written by a patient at Alvaston Medical Centre

Dr Mathews needs to learn her bedside manners. I had my first ever encounter with her yesterday and was completely and utterly left feeling very unnerved, I have seen various other staff at Alvaston medical centre and they have all been outstanding, but I am afraid that Dr Mathews let's down the practice. She is a very rude person, does not listen well, and also pulls faces at you when you are talking to her. I have never put a complaint or bad review in about anyone or anything before, but never met anyone who deserves one more. Alvaston medical centre is a very very good doctors and i have never had any problems at all until yesterday.I will not be seeing her again under any circumstances. Very disappointed.