dr-simon-tickle

30th July 2022

Second time talking to Dr Tickle and once again felt listened to and at-ease with him

21st April 2022

I agree with the review written on the 3rd of August 2021and while I can't say that I personally experienced creepy comments it doesn't mean that they didn't. I must admit that I cried when I read that review as I believed I was truly alone in this. About being in an appointment limbo if you don't agree with him, it's absolutely true and relates with my personal experience. He had a way of making you believe you had gone crazy and that it was your fault if his one method didn't work, from that point any concern or worsening of your condition is in his opinion "all psychological". It is also worrying that he is so confident in his sense of autism when he is not qualified nor was it his job to diagnose anyone with it. The moment he decided that I was on the spectrum he seemed to gain an air of arrogance, or perhaps it was always there but I know that the physical problems I was having was to him, just me being too sensitive. When I eventually made an angry phone call to him, in which I also stated that I didn't want to be demanding because I'm aware of the strain on the services and that things can be delayed, it was thrown back in my face. Much like what he did to the person who left a negative review in August he weoponized his "intuition" that something is just wrong in your head. He wrote a letter to my GP using my words against me after I had gotten angrier about the loss of my email that had intimate information about my condition. For me, it was like a kick in the gut. My only regret it that I took it out on the receptionist and not him like I should of as the only reason I was put in contact with a psychologist on their team was because he still held the belief my medical problem was in my head. He left me feeling humiliated and completely alone as I couldn't get the courage to go back to my GP service and ask for help in fear of what they would now think of me as it's a doctors word over a patients. In the end it was found that there was a problem, a problem of many that are common in transmen but it's such a taboo and Dr. Tickle's treatmemt towards me further proved why anyone would have a fear of going to a doctor about their deeply personal "invisible" conditions, (this kind of ignorant and dissmissive treatment is very common in women's healthcare too). I've never had an apology but with that being said, I have such little respect for him that I don't want his empty apology anyway.

5th April 2022

Having just read an extremely negative review about Dr. Tickle (dated 3rd August 2021) which incidentally out of 8 reviews his was the only negative one. I couldn't help but think "Not only is he a total pratt but he must be talking about someone else" and certainly not the Doctor Simon Tickle I know! I've been a patient at Danetre hospital for 3 years now and have had many consultations with Doctor Tickle both over the telephone and face to face, some of which have gone well over the allotted time allocation, And especially that when you consider your average GP can’t get you out the consulting room door quick enough (that’s if you can get a face to face consultation) I can honestly say that you would be hard pressed find a more caring and understanding individual. Not only does he care about you but also about your family and the impact your gender issues might have on them. His advice is 100% honest and down to earth in his consoltations. And to be honest I feel that Doctor Tickle is a bit like a mate who is also a doctor Rather than just a doctor who is nice, caring, understanding, and absolutely “one of the good guys!”

8th April 2022
Response from Dr Simon Tickle

Thanks so much. I really appreciate that and it is lovely of you to say those things. The person who wrote that bad review has had some extreme experiences growing up. I feel really sad that we were unable to help them and they ended up very angry with us too.

• Psychiatry