Dr Simon Taggart

Dr Simon Taggart BSc, MBchB, FRCP, MD is a consultant chest and general physician of 18 years standing as a consultant having originally qualified in 1986 with a BSc in Medical Science at St Andrews University and then as MBChB from the University of Manchester in 1989. For the past 18 years he has worked at the U.K.'s premier hospital (Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust) having contributed to the day to day care of in-patients and out-patients in addition to heading up the lung cancer service as Lead Lung Cancer Clinician. Dr Taggart published his M.D. thesis on "Asthma:air pollution & allergens" in 1996 and since then has continued his research interests with more than 75 publications on asthma, allergy, lung cancer and general medicine. Dr Taggart specialises in the assessment of breathlessness, persistent cough, chest wall pain, unexplained fatigue, infection and allergy. As such he has expertise in chest infections, pneumonia, empyema, tuberculosis, asthma, C.O.P.D., bronchiectasis, pulmonary fibrosis, sarcoidosis, pleural effusion, lung cancer, respiratory failure, obstructive sleep apnoea, pulmonary embolism & D.V.T. , chronic fatigue syndrome, chronic rhinosinusitis, nasal polyposis, hay fever. He also has a keen interest in general medical problems and well being, As an experienced private practitioner Dr Taggart has extensive links and connections with all specialities and frequently acts as a health navigator for his patients to ensure they get the best care. Dr Taggart also has a large medicolegal practice specialising in occupational lung disease and personal injury claims in relating to matters of clinical negligence. He is the main Director of his companies Wise Medical Reporting Limited and Dr Simon Taggart Medicolegal Services Limited. He has extensive knowledge on asbestos related lung disease and occupational asthma claims. Dr Taggart is a popular member of the hospital team, hard working and dilligent with a record of clinical excellance. His motto is "no stone unturned". In his last annual appraisal both his colleagues and patients rated his care and attitude across 19 domains as either very good or excellent. Dr Taggart is supported by Consultantcare; a dedicated professional team of medical secretaries and managers geared to delivering excellent care and a personal service to his private patients.

• Chest Medicine
  • Internal (General) Medicine

« 1 2 3 4 »

17th April 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Taggart is one of the few doctors I have seen that has made me feel that my health matters. I went to him after being in hospital and being given the fright of our life with very little advice on what to expect going forward. We was told we would have an urgent referral and 6 weeks later had not heard anything and we then made the decisions to go private. Dr Taggart was welcoming and assured both my self and my husband that he would be able to help me and get me some answers, following this he rang the very next day after checking my scans and notes from my stay and advised me that there is a way forward. I then seen him again a few days later and can up with a plan for me, he even drew me a diagram to help explain what he had seen. No other doctor has gone to this extreme to help. Both my self and my husband now feel at ease and would/have recommend Dr Taggart to our friends and family.

10th April 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Simon Taggart is a kind, wonderful, caring consultant who takes the time to get to know you. Simon treats your whole wellbeing and listens to you. Simon looks after patients who have complex medical conditions. He doesn't rush his consultation with you especially your first appointment with Simon. I highly recommend Simon to other patients. I have seen Simon at The Alexandra Hospital, Cheadle and Spire Manchester Hospital, Didsbury.

4th April 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

Dr Taggart has been treating me for a few years now. After seeing 2 different consultants I was referred to Dr. T . What a relief to be diagnosed immediately. Scans, breathing tests etc were very efficiently organised by his loyal team. All questions were answered in a way that I could understand. There are no 'silly' questions .he answers them all with great skill. If need be he will refer his patients to other consultants, who all have the greatest respect for him .

3rd April 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I started seeing Dr Taggart last July, primarily for a long-standing chest condition. However, during our consultations he has addressed other long-standing illnesses. I feel he has provided me with joined-up medical care. He communicates well with my GP, keeping him up to date with any treatment or medication he prescribes. Dr Taggart is very approachable and has an engaging manner, and I would highly recommend him.

28th March 2018
Written by a carer at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I took my dad to see Dr Taggart after he was so unwell for 8 weeks. We was getting nowhere with the NHS after constant visits to the GP, my dad was getting worse by the day. If I had to describe the experience with Dr Taggart in one word I would say fantastic! he understood and listened to our concerns and gave us diagnosis. He then sorted out a treatment plan which has helped my dad on the road to recovery. I would highly recommend anyone to see Dr Taggart, he was very professional made us feel completely at ease. Leaving the appointment I felt confident that my dad had been cared for. In my opinion Dr Taggart is by far the best Dr I have ever seen and can’t thank him enough for helping my dad.

« 1 2 3 4 »