Dr Simon Taggart

Dr Simon Taggart BSc, MBchB, FRCP, MD is a consultant chest and general physician of 18 years standing as a consultant having originally qualified in 1986 with a BSc in Medical Science at St Andrews University and then as MBChB from the University of Manchester in 1989. For the past 18 years he has worked at the U.K.'s premier hospital (Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust) having contributed to the day to day care of in-patients and out-patients in addition to heading up the lung cancer service as Lead Lung Cancer Clinician. Dr Taggart published his M.D. thesis on "Asthma:air pollution & allergens" in 1996 and since then has continued his research interests with more than 75 publications on asthma, allergy, lung cancer and general medicine. Dr Taggart specialises in the assessment of breathlessness, persistent cough, chest wall pain, unexplained fatigue, infection and allergy. As such he has expertise in chest infections, pneumonia, empyema, tuberculosis, asthma, C.O.P.D., bronchiectasis, pulmonary fibrosis, sarcoidosis, pleural effusion, lung cancer, respiratory failure, obstructive sleep apnoea, pulmonary embolism & D.V.T. , chronic fatigue syndrome, chronic rhinosinusitis, nasal polyposis, hay fever. He also has a keen interest in general medical problems and well being, As an experienced private practitioner Dr Taggart has extensive links and connections with all specialities and frequently acts as a health navigator for his patients to ensure they get the best care. Dr Taggart also has a large medicolegal practice specialising in occupational lung disease and personal injury claims in relating to matters of clinical negligence. He is the main Director of his companies Wise Medical Reporting Limited and Dr Simon Taggart Medicolegal Services Limited. He has extensive knowledge on asbestos related lung disease and occupational asthma claims. Dr Taggart is a popular member of the hospital team, hard working and dilligent with a record of clinical excellance. His motto is "no stone unturned". In his last annual appraisal both his colleagues and patients rated his care and attitude across 19 domains as either very good or excellent. Dr Taggart is supported by Consultantcare; a dedicated professional team of medical secretaries and managers geared to delivering excellent care and a personal service to his private patients.

• Chest Medicine
  • Internal (General) Medicine

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

18th December 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I have no hesitation in recommending Dr Taggart. I saw him at BMI Alexandra. He has a calm relaxed air about him which put me at ease from the start – nobody likes seeing medical professionals! He also has a wicked sense of humour. He took time to explain anatomy to me and reassured me that he could sort the issue; after 6 months of “suffering” this was music to my ears. He explained everything on my ct scan in minute detail which was fascinating and informative. His plan for my care worked well.

10th December 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Question: How do you treat an illness when you don’t know what’s causing it? Answer: Consult Dr Simon Taggart. I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (whatever that is) almost three years ago and have been seeing Dr Taggart for the last two years (2017 & 2018). In that time my symptoms have reduced considerably to the point where our consultations have ended. He assured me from the outset that he could ‘cure’ my illness. Visiting Dr Taggart at his private consulting rooms at the BMI Alexandra Hospital is extremely easy and appointments were always carried out promptly and efficiently. He has a very calming style that puts you at complete rest in the knowledge that you are in the hands of a top consultant who will leave ‘no stone unturned’ (his words) to get you back to full fitness. He makes you feel like you are the most important patient he has ever dealt with which is a real gift and gives you immense confidence that he can help you get better as quickly as possible. He tells it like it is and predicted that although he was confident that I would get better that it would take a long time and he was spot on with my timescales.

4th December 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Taggart is a genius he gets it in the first 10 minutes and after that it’s a weekly chat with a friend :) I had been a whole year with a treatment resistant infection seen 3 doctors and 2 specialists and was in a desperate state when I saw Dr Taggart... he had it under control in literally 10 minutes he knew exactly the problem made a quick diagnosis and my infection was clear in just over a week :) it was the best £250 I ever spent :)

28th November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

Dr Taggart is a fantastic doctor; after meeting him I felt reassured and felt that progress had been made with respect to further treatment. I particularly liked that he was happy to take the time to explain things very clearly, for example why he was asking certain questions, how medication worked and the 'biology' behind lung problems as this made it much easier to understand what was happening.

8th August 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I had my first consultation with Dr Taggart and found him to be so thorough and understanding taking great care to addressing my reasons for the consultation. I felt Confident and reassured about his treatment plan which means a lot to me after spending so long getting no answers for my symptoms. I feel i may be getting somewhere now thanks to Mr Taggart Many thanks

« 1 2 3 4 5 »