dr-simon-taggart

12th September 2020

After suffering unresolved and worsening respiratory symptoms and being passed from pillar to post in the NHS where I never saw the same consultant twice, I decided to go private. My G.P. had already advised me that Dr Taggart had an excellent reputation, and as luck would have it, my insurance company assigned him as my consultant. From my first appointment back in 2017, Dr Taggart undertook thorough investigations, including a CT scan and blood tests and set me off on a course of treatment. Although, I initially felt much better after the treatment, my condition started to worsen again. This time, Dr Taggart carried out a bronchoscopy, and he discovered that I had a rare bacterial infection. Armed with this knowledge, he was then able to prescribe me with a 2-year intensive course of medication. This treatment is now complete, and my health is greatly improved. My quality of life is so much better that I cannot thank Dr Taggart enough. I strongly believe, that without the continuity of care that Dr Taggart has provided, my condition would never have been diagnosed and it could have left me with lung damage. Throughout my time as his patient, I have been able to contact him at any time and he is very approachable and understanding. I would not hesitate in recommending him.

29th June 2020

I was referred to Mr Taggart by another great consultant Mr Horner after some irregularities were found on a ct scan of my lungs. For many years I have had a persistant cough which has never been addressed enough to cure or diagnose. So it was reassuring meeting Mr. Taggart and discuss my symptoms. Mr Taggart listened carefully and suggested further monitoring and a referral to another Consultant. I thought this was extremely thorough and thoughtful of him. I would highly recommend Mr.Taggart, as he is extremely knowledgeable, professional, friendly, and approachable. Thank you very much Mr. Taggart, hope you are keeping safe.

#sayThankYou

Many thanks for your prompt & accurate diagnosis of my long standing persistent cough. Within a few days my symptoms were being controlled & sleep restored. I am very appreciative for your expertise & excellent result in educating me to control my own condition. I would urge anyone suffering with a long standing persistent cough to take advantage of your advice & management strategies sooner rather than later & I would recommend you to anyone with similar problems Kind regards Jan Caldwell

17th June 2020
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital
9th June 2020

Having a live telephone confrontation with Dr.Taggart was truly a fine experience for me. He gave me a brief introduction regarding his profession, his age and the number of years he has been with the NHS. Following that,l discussed my respiratory problem with him in detail.He described my problem in a manner which l could understand. Nothing was too much trouble for him, he made me feel comfortable and relaxed throughout the full conversation. He is a true gentleman and no doubt one of the best consultants in the country. I can strongly recommend Dr. Taggart to any patient who would wish to have the same pleasurable experience as me. I was most pleased with the outcome of our conversation. He certainly put my mind at ease with the medical information he gave me ragarding my problem. Many thanks.

16th May 2020

Dr Simon Taggart helped save my life to which both myself and my family are truly thankful and I cannot recommend Dr Taggart highly enough. Dr Taggart's professional, caring and calming manner made me feel at ease straight away from the moment I walked into his consulting room and his professional thorough attitude resulted in him diagnosing a life threating issue straight away. Not only did he diagnose my issue within minutes he ensured that I understood fully about the diagnosis and put steps and a plan in place immediately for further tests and follow up procedures to carried out that morning. During a very worrying time, Dr Taggart made himself and his team available to me for further communications. If I was concerned about anything, or had any further questions prior during or after the ongoing tests and procedures they would always be able to answer any of my concerns, which made me feel that I was in very safe hands. I am delighted to say that I am now recovering from the majour operation that I went through in 2019 and cannot thank Dr Taggart highly enough as without his immediate diagnosis I may not be here today. If you ever have the misfortune for the need to see a consultant or doctor then you will do no better than making an appointment to see Dr Taggart. Thank you so much Dr Taggart. Andy and the Gill Family.

• Chest Medicine
  • Internal (General) Medicine

Dr Simon Taggart BSc, MBchB, FRCP, MD is a consultant chest and general physician of 18 years standing as a consultant having originally qualified in 1986 with a BSc in Medical Science at St Andrews University and then as MBChB from the University of Manchester in 1989. For the past 19 years he has worked at the U.K.'s premier hospital (Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust) having contributed to the day to day care of in-patients and out-patients in addition to heading up the lung cancer service as Lead Lung Cancer Clinician. Dr Taggart published his M.D. thesis on "Asthma:air pollution & allergens" in 1996 and since then has continued his research interests with more than 75 publications on asthma, allergy, lung cancer and general medicine. Dr Taggart specialises in the assessment of breathlessness, persistent cough, chest wall pain, unexplained fatigue, infection and allergy. As such he has expertise in chest infections, pneumonia, empyema, tuberculosis, asthma, C.O.P.D., bronchiectasis, pulmonary fibrosis, sarcoidosis, pleural effusion, lung cancer, respiratory failure, obstructive sleep apnoea, pulmonary embolism & D.V.T. , diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome, chronic rhinosinusitis, nasal polyposis, hay fever. He also has a keen interest in general medical problems and well being, As an experienced private practitioner Dr Taggart has extensive links and connections with all specialities and frequently acts as a health navigator for his patients to ensure they get the best care. Dr Taggart also has a large medicolegal practice specialising in occupational lung disease and personal injury claims in relating to matters of clinical negligence. He is the main Director of his companies Wise Medical Reporting Limited and Dr Simon Taggart Medicolegal Services Limited. He has extensive knowledge on asbestos related lung disease and occupational asthma claims. Dr Taggart is a popular member of the hospital team, hard working and dilligent with a record of clinical excellance. His motto is "no stone unturned". In his last annual appraisal both his colleagues and patients rated his care and attitude across 19 domains as either very good or excellent. Dr Taggart is supported by Consultantcare; a dedicated professional team of medical secretaries and managers geared to delivering excellent care and a personal service to his private patients.

Nearest Chest medicine specialists