dr-simon-taggart

28th September 2021

Each consultation has always been relaxed, informative and professional. Everything was explained to me in detail and I felt totally at ease and comfortable with my treatment plan.

28th July 2021

It takes more than knowing one’s specialism to be an excellent Consultant. And that is how I describe and and recommend Dr Taggart. Dr Taggart’s interpersonal style is remarkable. He possesses great compassion, empathy and active listening skills. All of which are most welcome to an anxious patient. For reasons related to COVID, my consultation was via Zoom. The benefit of this was that neither Dr Taggart nor myself needed to wear a face covering and so there was no barrier non-verbal communication. And as I have mentioned above, the soft skills of Consultancy are very important.

13th July 2021

A wonderful Doctor, one of the best I have ever dealt with. He truly goes the extra mile and it's obvious he cares very much about his patients. His assistance in getting me treatment has been invaluable. I can't thank him enough. A Doctor to trust and admire. He has changed my life. What a guy!!!

11th February 2021

My name is John and on the 3rd of February I felt dreadful, I had been ill for 3 weeks with extreme Exhaustion, and could hardly walk 20 meters. After having many blood tests, antibiotics and steroids as prescribed by my GP, it was suggested I was referred to a Respiratory Consultant. I located Dr Taggart quite by accident on the internet and booked to see him the following Day, in person I thought. However the Spire phoned and advised the appointment would be Virtual by Zoom, I have to admit I had reservations .....how wrong I was, Dr Taggart contacted me at the arranged time and the consultation was amazing ... the care, knowledge and advise has helped me enormously, I was sent for at CT scan as a precaution to eliminate any underlying problems and in my case ,put my mind at rest. Within hours I felt so much better and I have continued with the exercises and advise given, and now hope I continue to improve. Thank you Dr Taggart, I could not recommend more!

Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital
13th January 2021

I have been under Dr. Simon Taggart's care for 10 years now, indeed I owe my life to him as he was the only Doctor to correctly diagnose my lung condition in 2011 and prescribe the treatment and medicine I actually needed. Over the years Dr. Taggart has guided me through my respiratory and lung issues. Recently on the 3rd January 2021 I tested positive for Covid 19 and he has been there advising and supporting me every step of the way, which I believe takes a special person to do that. He is caring and knowledgable Doctor whom I cannot find the words to praise enough. God Bless you Dr. Simon Taggart.

• Chest Medicine
  • Internal (General) Medicine

Dr Simon Taggart BSc, MBchB, FRCP, MD is a consultant chest and general physician of 18 years standing as a consultant having originally qualified in 1986 with a BSc in Medical Science at St Andrews University and then as MBChB from the University of Manchester in 1989. For the past 19 years he has worked at the U.K.'s premier hospital (Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust) having contributed to the day to day care of in-patients and out-patients in addition to heading up the lung cancer service as Lead Lung Cancer Clinician. Dr Taggart published his M.D. thesis on "Asthma:air pollution & allergens" in 1996 and since then has continued his research interests with more than 75 publications on asthma, allergy, lung cancer and general medicine. Dr Taggart specialises in the assessment of breathlessness, persistent cough, chest wall pain, unexplained fatigue, infection and allergy. As such he has expertise in chest infections, pneumonia, empyema, tuberculosis, asthma, C.O.P.D., bronchiectasis, pulmonary fibrosis, sarcoidosis, pleural effusion, lung cancer, respiratory failure, obstructive sleep apnoea, pulmonary embolism & D.V.T. , diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome, chronic rhinosinusitis, nasal polyposis, hay fever. He also has a keen interest in general medical problems and well being, As an experienced private practitioner Dr Taggart has extensive links and connections with all specialities and frequently acts as a health navigator for his patients to ensure they get the best care. Dr Taggart also has a large medicolegal practice specialising in occupational lung disease and personal injury claims in relating to matters of clinical negligence. He is the main Director of his companies Wise Medical Reporting Limited and Dr Simon Taggart Medicolegal Services Limited. He has extensive knowledge on asbestos related lung disease and occupational asthma claims. Dr Taggart is a popular member of the hospital team, hard working and dilligent with a record of clinical excellance. His motto is "no stone unturned". In his last annual appraisal both his colleagues and patients rated his care and attitude across 19 domains as either very good or excellent. Dr Taggart is supported by Consultantcare; a dedicated professional team of medical secretaries and managers geared to delivering excellent care and a personal service to his private patients.

Nearest Chest medicine specialists