Dr Simon Raby

• Anaesthetics and ITU

7th March 2018
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

This Doctor was excellent from start to finish, he explained everything and put me completely at ease as soon as I arrived in the Operating Theatre.

7th December 2017
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

Dr Raby is a very friendly, likeable and caring person which is an invaluable asset in any doctors repertoire. Dr Raby was very clear and concise about what would happen during my operation and after for pain relief. What more could I ask for? Well, I certainly got more than I expected! I am a general anaesthetic veteran having had the best part of 20 operations during my 43 years. Dr Raby was the very first Anaesthetist to visit me the day after my op to check I was all OK and pain levels were being properly managed. I cannot tell you how much this was appreciated and valued. Anaesthetists in my experience are fleeting pre-op visitors that are rarely ever seen again! Dr Raby is not that guy. He cares. Thank you very much Sir!

29th May 2017
Written by a patient at The Churchill

Simon, thank you for taking care of me, not once but twice now! Thank you for clearly explaining the anaesthetics and their benefits. Your professionalism and ability to make me feel at ease just before my operations (both hernia repairs) has really helped me and put myself and my husband at ease. You clearly enjoy your, going above and beyond the call of duty. Thank you so much.

17th May 2017
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

Dr Simon Raby acted as my anaesthetist in a partial knee replacement operation at Manor Hospital in Oxford. Right at the outset, he put me at ease, clearly explaining my options for a general or spinal anaesthetic and giving me informed and relevant advice on the implications of both. I went with his recommendation and was not disappointed. Three deep breaths and I was out, feeling perfect when I woke up. His approach in pre-op and afterwards was very friendly and light-hearted, putting me at ease. Delighted to endorse him.

4th April 2017
Written by a carer at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

My husband and I found Dr Simon Raby easy to talk to , he listened to our concerns and put us at our ease.We found him very thorough and he also checked on my husband later on to see how he was.We would certainly recommend him to other people .

Nearest Anaesthetists and ITU specialists