Dr Simon Raby

• Anaesthetics and ITU

17th May 2017
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

Dr Simon Raby acted as my anaesthetist in a partial knee replacement operation at Manor Hospital in Oxford. Right at the outset, he put me at ease, clearly explaining my options for a general or spinal anaesthetic and giving me informed and relevant advice on the implications of both. I went with his recommendation and was not disappointed. Three deep breaths and I was out, feeling perfect when I woke up. His approach in pre-op and afterwards was very friendly and light-hearted, putting me at ease. Delighted to endorse him.

4th April 2017
Written by a carer at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

My husband and I found Dr Simon Raby easy to talk to , he listened to our concerns and put us at our ease.We found him very thorough and he also checked on my husband later on to see how he was.We would certainly recommend him to other people .

6th February 2017
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

I was undergoing mastopexy and abdominoplasty. The only reason I was nervous was that the normal process is to have general anaesthesia. This made me anxious to have a breathing tube and be ventilated. Simon called me before the operation and put me at ease. He was actually on holidays but took the time to talk to me. On the day of the procedure he also came to visit me before the operations and again made me feel comfortable in his capable hands. Everything went well and I was very happy with the whole experience :-)

21st January 2017
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

Dr. Simon Raby explained all the things very well. I could ask him everything about the sedativ and how it works in my body. That gives me a lot of confidence. For me the main thing when I need a surgery. Thank you very much.

23rd December 2016
Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe

I was impressed with initially Dr Raby's bedside manner both helpful and thoughtful. In theatre he really put me at ease during the anaesthetising procedure. The anaesthetic after effects were zero - I had no pain or discomfort. Personally I think he should patent his anaesthetic as if anything I woke on a high.

Nearest Anaesthetists and ITU specialists