Dr Simon Raby

• Anaesthetics and ITU

6th February 2017
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

I was undergoing mastopexy and abdominoplasty. The only reason I was nervous was that the normal process is to have general anaesthesia. This made me anxious to have a breathing tube and be ventilated. Simon called me before the operation and put me at ease. He was actually on holidays but took the time to talk to me. On the day of the procedure he also came to visit me before the operations and again made me feel comfortable in his capable hands. Everything went well and I was very happy with the whole experience :-)

21st January 2017
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

Dr. Simon Raby explained all the things very well. I could ask him everything about the sedativ and how it works in my body. That gives me a lot of confidence. For me the main thing when I need a surgery. Thank you very much.

23rd December 2016
Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe

I was impressed with initially Dr Raby's bedside manner both helpful and thoughtful. In theatre he really put me at ease during the anaesthetising procedure. The anaesthetic after effects were zero - I had no pain or discomfort. Personally I think he should patent his anaesthetic as if anything I woke on a high.

3rd October 2016
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

Words fail me to be able to explain how wonderful Dr Simon Raby was during my procedure this morning. He was welcoming and very polite and instantly put my husband and I at ease. Having had difficulty post anaesthesia in the past Dr Raby listened to us in great detail and made sure he would try his very best to not only improve our past experiences but minimise my reaction. He worked marvels and for the first time ever after anaesthetic I felt well. He also, before I came out of recovery had reassured my husband of my wellbeing and then even came to see us post procedure to check I was well. A fabulous experience and someone I would not hesitate to recommend. Dr Raby also emailed us and let us know the combination of drugs he used to help me so for any future procedures I would be able to have the same medicine. Fantastic doctor- such a difference! Thank you

3rd October 2016
Written by a carer at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

Dr Raby successfully administered a quick general anaesthetic to my daughter. She has always been prone to extreme vomiting following previous anaesthetics so I was very pleased when she didn't vomit once and didn't even feel nauseous. Based on this and what my daughter said I can recommend him.

Nearest Anaesthetists and ITU specialists