dr-simon-clarke

Written by a patient at The Eastman Dental Hospital
28th June 2013

Dr Clarke treated me at the CRGH on the 11th June. He was very caring, humorous, and professional - the perfect mix. I had been told not to drink before my operation so i could not take my regular esomeprazole medication that morning. I was concerned about that because i get such bad reflux all the time. Dr Clarke told me i must take it with water before the op and it was so refreshing to meet a doctor with some common sense!! I felt so much more relaxed about having the procedure after seeing him. And the sedative drugs he put together were great - they wore off so quickly, i felt wide awake and completely fine soon after and went back to work later that day! Many thanks Dr Clarke, you are an excellent anaesthetist! :-)

28th June 2013

I found the whole process upsetting and felt I was a nuisance to the theatre team. Dr Clarke noticed tears in my eyes immediately and sat beside me and put his hand on my shoulder. He was supportive, reassuring and kind. He gave concise information in simple easy to understand language and due to his manner I felt someone really cared about me as a person. He was professional and I completely trusted that I was in safe hands.

• Anaesthetics and ITU

Dr Simon Clarke was born in Dundee, Scotland & studied Medicine at the University of Manchester, graduating in 1991. He worked in Manchester, Australia & Scotland before he came to London in 1999. He was appointed as a full time Consultant at the University College London Hospitals (UCLH) NHS Foundation Trust in 2003. He specialises in anaesthesia for head & neck / maxillo-facial surgery, robotic surgery, trauma / emergency as well as management of difficult airways. He additionally provides an anaesthesia / sedation service at the CRGH (Centre for Reproductive & Genetic Health) based at the Eastman Dental Hospital, Grays Inn Road. Other interests include teaching fibreoptic skills, simulation and training in difficult airway management.

Short link to review Dr Simon Clarke: http://iwgc.net/ecn3t