Dr Simon Campbell

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

20th September 2020

I first met Dr Campbell about 3 years ago and wish I’d seen him years before! He’s a fabulous doctor - clinically great but also kind and caring. He explains things properly and is very accessible. I sent an email last Sunday and received an almost immediate reply. 3 weeks ago I underwent a radio frequency ablation for Barrett’s oesophagus. This was performed as a purely preventative measure, there had been no indication that there had been a worsening in my condition. Dr Campbell explained that the procedure would involve 2 sessions of the ablation, 2/3 months apart. I had the procedure at the Alexandra Hospital as a day case. I was admitted in the morning and was home by mid afternoon. There was no pain at all following the procedure. By the end of the first day I was feeling some discomfort, which was helped with soluble paracetamol. For the first week after the procedure I had some discomfort on eating and drinking but certainly nothing significant, again helped by paracetamol. During the second week I was completely symptom free. I’m delighted to have undergone the procedure especially as it takes away the concern that the Barrett’s oesophagus could have become cancerous. I would certainly recommend other sufferers consider both seeing Dr Campbell and undergoing the procedure.

24th July 2020

I could not have better treatment from Simon Campbell from my initial video consultation to the gastroscopy , colonoscopy & iron infusion Here is a specialist who explains everything in such a personable way You feel totally at safe in his care & I almost look forward to the repeat gastroscopy in 6 weeks time arranged by his super practice manager , Sarah Two true stars !!

23rd June 2020

Mr Campbell is very easy to talk to, personable and approachable. During a recent health scare he made sure that I had all the tests necessary as quickly as possible with the aim of putting my mind at rest as soon as he could. However, before giving me the final results he took great care to ensure that they were accurate and at my final consultation he took the time to explain the findings in detail. I am very grateful to Mr Campbell for his honest and down to earth approach and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone else in need of assistance..

22nd February 2020

Dr Campbell was very professional, empathetic , a good listener and gave very thoughtful and considered advice /diagnosis based on considerable experience. He made you feel that your case was of importance to him and was totally focussed. It is apparent that he has great expertise and intellect and the manner in which you are treated inspires totoal confidence. I am very grateful that I was able to have Dr Campbell as my consultant for this procedure/diagnosis .

21st February 2020

Exemplary care. Great listener and can communicate clearly and effectively. Has put my mind at rest concerning my condition and put me on the right path to managing my ulcerative colitis a lot better.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Dr Simon Campbell was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

• Gastroenterology