Dr Simon Campbell

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Felt immediately at ease and able to discuss matters freely and without prejudice during consultations. Excellent bedside manner. Kept well informed about and during procedures. Good follow up after procedure.

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I am a 68 year old man who has a serious phobia about doctors, hospitals and needles and when I found I had to have a colonoscopy I did not want to have it done. Dr Simon Campbell was recommended as not only a superb surgeon but also a very sympathetic person and after having the procedure carried out at the Alexandra last weekend I can totally agree with this. I was treated with great respect and not made to feel foolish about my fears. The procedure was explained to me in detail and any questions I had were answered fully. On arrival at the hospital everything was done to make me feel relaxed and less stressed with every single member of staff that I came in contact with friendly and efficient. During the procedure Dr Campbell went out of his way to show me on the screen what was happening and this attention really made me feel confident to be in his hands. When I was back in the room he came to see me and again explained what had be done and what the next step would be. I can't recommend Dr Campbell highly enough for his kindness , expert knowledge and total professionalism .

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Simon helped get to the root of my condition, and provided the necessary support and medication to get on top of it. More importantly, he and his team are always at hand if there are any concerns post treatment. I feel so much better.

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Simon Campbell treated me with professionalism tempered with the empathic understanding, my fear of the pain and embarrassment before the procedure was extremely high. I could not fault him and his team they all treated me where I still retained my dignity, with minimal discomfort.

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease several years ago and until I met with Dr Campbell the professional support I received was patchy at best. I am delighted to have found a Consultant who is not only an expert in the field but also personable, accessible and genuinely supportive. Since coming under Dr Campbellā€™s care I feel much less anxious about my condition and am reassured that should future problems arise I will receive the best possible advice and treatment.

Nearest Gastroenterologists