Dr Simon Campbell

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

29th November 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Campbell was very professional at all times. He explained to me in clear and simple English language (as I am native Spanish) what the diagnostic could possible be. He has great sense of humour. He is good communicating with your GP and sending letters to your home so you can see how you are progressing. Very efficient secretary and kind on the phone and also very professional. I had a great experience and I would recommended him to everyone.

24th November 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I am 41 years old, have been diagnosed with severe acid re-flux and LPR. I spent 4 months going around 3-4 gastroenterologist's having unnecessary tests and consultations without any signs of improvement of my conditions before I started to see Dr. Campbell at BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle. Straighjt away Dr Campbell prescribed stronger medication and offered the Stretta procedure which is quiet a new type of operation in the UK. I could see straight away the difference between the Dr Campbel and the Doctor's in terms of the their attention to me as a patient . Dr Campbell performed an endoscopy on me, I did not have to recover and had no painful side effects like I experienced with the 3 endoscopies performed by all the Doctors before it. The main and very important operation that Dr Campbell has performed was Stretta in September 2016. I am still recovering but all went very well. I have complete trust in Dr Campell. I have now reduced my medication by 50% and I hope by the end of January I will come off my medication completely. I wish we can have more specialists as Dr Campbell as dedicated to their profession and helping people with gastro problems . Victoria Richmond

15th November 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

from the first consultation with Dr Campbell I felt reassured he knew exactly what my condition was and he knew how to treat it. I was amazed how quickly treatment started. 2 days after the consultation I was booked into a private hospital. what i really liked about Dr Campbell is that when I arrived to hospital, he came to greet me and gave me realistic time frames as to what will be happening and when I can expect to leave. The time frames where all perfect. I'd been suffering from ulcerative colitis badly for 8 weeks prior. within 4 days I had been treated, was back home with a clear plan of my medications and when to take them. Dr Campbell is very personable, honest, and knows exactly what he is doing. I recommend Dr Campbell 100%

14th November 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I had moved from London where I was under the care of another gastroenterologist so I was very hesitant about seeing someone new. On meeting Dr Campbell I was immediately very comfortable with him. Since my initial consultation I have undergone a procedure with him as well as a follow up and it feels as though I have been under his care from the start. He is very informative, very good at explaining to me as a patient without making it difficult to understand (minimal use of scientific terminology etc). He even draws diagrams for me when explaining things which I value! To me personally I believe that feeling positive about dealing with your condition helps you to heal and I find his positive, informative and empathic approach made a difference to me. I would absolutely recommend to anyone looking for a Gastroenterologist to meet Simon Campbell.

1st November 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Campbell immediately put me at ease, explaining clearly the possible causes of my symptoms. The examination I underwent was conducted efficiently and without any complications. I received my results quickly and I would not hesitate in recommending Dr Campbell to any patient in the future.

Nearest Gastroenterologists