Mr Shibu Krishnan

Mr Shibu Krishnan is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon working at Wycombe and Stoke Mandeville Hospitals in Buckinghamshire. He specialises in knee and hip surgery with particular interests in knee arthroscopy, knee cartilage repair, partial knee replacement, total knee replacement, total hip replacement, revision knee replacement, revision hip replacement, minimally invasive surgery, sports injuries of the knee, anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction and trauma surgery. After obtaining his primary medical degree and Master of Science degree in Orthopaedics, Mr. Krishnan carried out a Clinical Research Fellowship at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore. During this period, he developed an interest in novel procedures for repairing damaged knee joint cartilage and cartilage implantation techniques. He has published several scientific articles on this topic in major international orthopaedic journals besides presenting them during various national and international scientific meetings. His other areas of research interests include the use of custom jigs for joint replacement surgery. He is also heavily involved with teaching and training, is an Associate member of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, and is a reviewer for the Bone and Joint Journal. Mr. Krishnan completed his Higher Surgical Training in Trauma and Orthopaedics on the prestigious North-West London Thames training programme (St. Mary’s –Charing Cross). Mr. Krishnan is committed to service development and clinical leadership and has completed a master’s level postgraduate certificate in Innovation and Improving Performance with the Teeside University and a level 7 qualification in Strategic Management and Leadership with the Chartered Management Institute.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

13th April 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Chiltern Hospital

I had been suffering painful problems with my right knee for a number of years. I had tried regular exercise and steroid injections but all to no avail. I was eventually referred to Mr Krishnan at the Chiltern hospital. From the very start, I found Mr Krishnan friendly, professional and reassuring. Once admitted to the hospital and prior to my operation, Mr Krishnan and other members of his team visited my room and explained the procedure about to take place. I felt reassured and confident at each stage I was in safe hands. Post operation, I enjoyed excellent care by the nursing staff and Physiotherapists. Mr Krishnan also took time to visit me in my room to ensure all was well. Now seven weeks on from the operation, I am continuing physiotherapy visits to the hospital and exercise daily as advised. I am walking well without knee pain and unaided. The operation scar which is very neat, has healed well. I am extremely happy with my treatment and progress. I would like to thank Mr Krishnan, his team, nursing and Physiotherapy staff for their professional treatment and care. Not forgetting the NHS who funded my operation. Thank you all.

24th March 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Chiltern Hospital

I do know my knees are in trouble and it has taken some time to get to this point. As soon as I spoke to Dr Shibu Krishnan he listened and checked my old x-rays and could see how bad they were. Straight away he wanted more x-rays on my left knee which was done there and then. I waited and he called me back in and the operation was on and he said end of February 2018. Just after Christmas he phoned to say can I come on the 19th January as there has been some cancellations, I jumped at the chance and what service I had it was fantastic from all the departments at Chiltern Hospital. Thank you. 8 to 9 weeks on I am now cycling on a static bike slowly and a Cross trainer yes its been slow but my pain at nights has gone. My right knee is next hopefully end of the year. Dr Shibu Krishnan thank you and everybody at Chiltern Hospital.

Written by a patient at BMI The Chiltern Hospital

Mr Krishnan has just carried out another very good knee replacement. He replaced my right knee joint in 2016 which has been very successful and he has just carried out the same procedure with my left knee. His care and concern was exemplary. Explanation of the procedure was excellent and post operative care was outstanding. I have no hesitation in recommending this consultant to anyone who is considering the same procedure.

Written by a patient at BMI The Chiltern Hospital

After being diagnosed with advanced chronic osteoarthritis of my left knee, I received a left medial uni-condylar knee replacement under the care of Mr Shibu Krishnan at the BMI Chiltern Hospital. I am very pleased with the outcome; I was fully mobile within six weeks of the operation, and cannot speak highly enough of Mr Krishnan and his team, also the nursing and physiotherapy staff at the Chiltern Hospital.

Written by a patient at BMI The Chiltern Hospital

I was assigned to Mr. Krishnan not knowing anything about him. The first consultation he explained just what a total hip replacement would entail. He did his hardest to get my operation done ASP as he knew I was house bound and hadn’t been able to walk much for 18 months. Within a month I found I could walk unaided! I just wish I had been put forward for this hip replacement a year earlier.

Short link to review Mr Shibu Krishnan: http://iwgc.net/egfvf