Mr Shibu Krishnan

Mr Shibu Krishnan is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon working at Wycombe and Stoke Mandeville Hospitals in Buckinghamshire. He specialises in knee and hip surgery with particular interests in knee arthroscopy, knee cartilage repair, partial knee replacement, total knee replacement, total hip replacement, revision knee replacement, revision hip replacement, minimally invasive surgery, sports injuries of the knee, anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction and trauma surgery. After obtaining his primary medical degree and Master of Science degree in Orthopaedics, Mr. Krishnan carried out a Clinical Research Fellowship at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore. During this period, he developed an interest in novel procedures for repairing damaged knee joint cartilage and cartilage implantation techniques. He has published several scientific articles on this topic in major international orthopaedic journals besides presenting them during various national and international scientific meetings. His other areas of research interests include the use of custom jigs for joint replacement surgery. He is also heavily involved with teaching and training, is an Associate member of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, and is a reviewer for the Bone and Joint Journal. Mr. Krishnan completed his Higher Surgical Training in Trauma and Orthopaedics on the prestigious North-West London Thames training programme (St. Mary’s –Charing Cross). Mr. Krishnan is committed to service development and clinical leadership and has completed a master’s level postgraduate certificate in Innovation and Improving Performance with the Teeside University and a level 7 qualification in Strategic Management and Leadership with the Chartered Management Institute.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

17th November 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Shelburne Hospital

Mr Krishnan replaced my right knee. He advised me before the operation of exactly what would occur, and gave me other options besides a replacement, although he advised that a complete replacement was what I needed. He came to see me personally after the operation to make sure that everything was OK. It is now 6 weeks since the operation, and although there is still slight swelling of the knee, I can walk without a stick, without a limp and with minimum pain.

17th November 2016
Written by a carer at BMI The Shelburne Hospital

My husband has had a knee replacement and his new knee is brilliant.

2nd November 2016
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

I first met Mr Krishnan in June 2015 just before he completed my full left knee replacement in the August. His pre-op talk was very precise and clear, listening and giving clear answers to my many questions. The operation went very smoothly and healing was quite quick.(you must do the excercises). I am now looking forward to having my right knee replacement carried out by Mr Krishnan in total confidense. Many thanks, regards, Graham Perkins.

6th October 2016
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

On 15 August 2016 Mr Krishnan conducted the total hip relacement procedure on my left side at Wycombe hospital. It has proved for me a huge success and has given me back my life. After 35 years in the Forces I had a lot of wear and tear and was only able to sleep intermittently. I am now able to sleep normally thanks to this effective procedure I was very impressed with the outstanding professionalism of the Surgeon ,his team and all those on the Ward. My after care was also extremely efficient. It was almost a pleasure to need surgery! I much appreciated the clear and thorough explanations both pre and post operation and frankly was vastly superior to the treatment I received privately elsewhere on a separate occasion.

30th September 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Shelburne Hospital

All of my treatment under Mr Krishnan and all of the staff at the Shelburne Hospital was excellent. It was carried out in a very professional, friendly and caring way, this also applied to the physiotherapy and follow up treatment. I could not be more pleased with the overall result of my treatment and my ability to walk pain free. Thank you to all.

Short link to review Mr Shibu Krishnan: http://iwgc.net/egfvf