Mr Shibu Krishnan

Mr Shibu Krishnan is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon working at Wycombe and Stoke Mandeville Hospitals in Buckinghamshire. He specialises in knee and hip surgery with particular interests in knee arthroscopy, knee cartilage repair, partial knee replacement, total knee replacement, total hip replacement, revision knee replacement, revision hip replacement, minimally invasive surgery, sports injuries of the knee, anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction and trauma surgery. After obtaining his primary medical degree and Master of Science degree in Orthopaedics, Mr. Krishnan carried out a Clinical Research Fellowship at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore. During this period, he developed an interest in novel procedures for repairing damaged knee joint cartilage and cartilage implantation techniques. He has published several scientific articles on this topic in major international orthopaedic journals besides presenting them during various national and international scientific meetings. His other areas of research interests include the use of custom jigs for joint replacement surgery. He is also heavily involved with teaching and training, is an Associate member of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, and is a reviewer for the Bone and Joint Journal. Mr. Krishnan completed his Higher Surgical Training in Trauma and Orthopaedics on the prestigious North-West London Thames training programme (St. Mary’s –Charing Cross). Mr. Krishnan is committed to service development and clinical leadership and has completed a master’s level postgraduate certificate in Innovation and Improving Performance with the Teeside University and a level 7 qualification in Strategic Management and Leadership with the Chartered Management Institute.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 »

30th December 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Shelburne Hospital

When I first met Mr Shibu Krishnan I presented as a victim of childhood Polio, suffering from severe scoliosis ( curvature of the spine) ,muscle loss and weakness on my left hand side. A weak left leg has resulted in extreme loading on the right leg,ultimately leading to severe Valgus (deformed leg position) and bone on bone arthritis. Being unable to stand for more than a few minutes and walking even with aids extremely painful,the quality of life was deteriorating quickly. Mr Krishna contrary to the opinion of other surgeons said in his quiet an confident way that he could replace the knee joint ,thus reducing pain and possibly straighten the leg. He carefully explained the procedure along with all the attendant risks,as he spoke it was as though he was mentally proceeding through the operation,pausing when he came to an anticipated problem and the proceeding as a he thought of the solution. Mr Krishnan is obviously a confident and extremely confident surgeon who places patient care at the forefront of his thinking. The operation was successful and my recovery swift,on the day following surgery I was able to stand with my feet together for the first time in 56 years. Eight weeks after surgery I was able to enjoy a Christmas walk with my wife. A circuit of Black Park lake and coffee in the lakeside cafeteria.I was able to walk with confidence without pain. Mr Krishnan has restored a quality of life that I thought was lost forever with what can only be described as brilliant surgery. I will be forever in his dept. Alan Bayles

19th December 2016
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

I have required this talented surgeon on two occasions in June 2014 for a total hip replacement with further surgery in October 2015 for replacement knee both on my right side it was almost impossible for me to walk,I was facing life in a wheel chair. Now I have full movement in my right leg and pain free This true gentleman has given me back my life . A very grateful senior citizen Mr Derek Adams.

17th November 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Shelburne Hospital

Mr Krishnan replaced my right knee. He advised me before the operation of exactly what would occur, and gave me other options besides a replacement, although he advised that a complete replacement was what I needed. He came to see me personally after the operation to make sure that everything was OK. It is now 6 weeks since the operation, and although there is still slight swelling of the knee, I can walk without a stick, without a limp and with minimum pain.

17th November 2016
Written by a carer at BMI The Shelburne Hospital

My husband has had a knee replacement and his new knee is brilliant.

2nd November 2016
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

I first met Mr Krishnan in June 2015 just before he completed my full left knee replacement in the August. His pre-op talk was very precise and clear, listening and giving clear answers to my many questions. The operation went very smoothly and healing was quite quick.(you must do the excercises). I am now looking forward to having my right knee replacement carried out by Mr Krishnan in total confidense. Many thanks, regards, Graham Perkins.

« 1 2 3 4 »