Mr Shibu Krishnan

Mr Shibu Krishnan is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon working at Wycombe and Stoke Mandeville Hospitals in Buckinghamshire. He specialises in knee and hip surgery with particular interests in knee arthroscopy, knee cartilage repair, partial knee replacement, total knee replacement, total hip replacement, revision knee replacement, revision hip replacement, minimally invasive surgery, sports injuries of the knee, anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction and trauma surgery. After obtaining his primary medical degree and Master of Science degree in Orthopaedics, Mr. Krishnan carried out a Clinical Research Fellowship at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore. During this period, he developed an interest in novel procedures for repairing damaged knee joint cartilage and cartilage implantation techniques. He has published several scientific articles on this topic in major international orthopaedic journals besides presenting them during various national and international scientific meetings. His other areas of research interests include the use of custom jigs for joint replacement surgery. He is also heavily involved with teaching and training, is an Associate member of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, and is a reviewer for the Bone and Joint Journal. Mr. Krishnan completed his Higher Surgical Training in Trauma and Orthopaedics on the prestigious North-West London Thames training programme (St. Mary’s –Charing Cross). Mr. Krishnan is committed to service development and clinical leadership and has completed a master’s level postgraduate certificate in Innovation and Improving Performance with the Teeside University and a level 7 qualification in Strategic Management and Leadership with the Chartered Management Institute.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

25th June 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Chiltern Hospital

From the first time meeting Mr Krishnan he makes you fill comfortably in the way he is going to treat you. He answers all you questions in detail also took my fears away about having a totally hip replacement. Done a great job with no problems and my care was the best you could ask for. One thing I would recommend to do is to listen and do what Mr Krishnan tell you to do as it makes you healing process painless and easy to cope with. I would recommend Mr Krishnan to anyone, a very gifted surgeon.

5th June 2017
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

Mr Krishnan is an excellent surgeon, who did my total left knee replacement. He listened to me before the operation- particularly as my first knee replacement had been made rather more painful due to problems with my anaesthetic. He ensured I had excellent pre operation support. He was always reassuring and explained exactly what would happen during the operation. He visited me while I was still on the ward and also saw me at my one year post operative appointment - helpfully explaining about the difference in recovery between my two knees. He is a skilled professional and I have no hesitation in recommending him to other patients.

13th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Chiltern Hospital

Mr Shibu Krishnan has taken me on my journey through a total knee replacement. Having never had an operation in my life, I was very apprehensive. However I need not have worried from my very first meeting with Mr Krishnan I knew here was a professional whom I could communicate with and was able to ask the most ridiculous questions without fear of being dismissed as just 'a patient'. My journey did have a few ups and downs in preparation for the procedure, each step of which Mr Krishnan was easy to communicate with directly, had a very proactive approach and was a great help when dealing with other agencies. The operation itself was a well organised, a confidence building experience that has gone exactly to plan. The scaring is minimal and six weeks on I am so pleased that I listened to Mr Krishnan's advice and kind words. I have no hesitation in recommending Mr Krishnan a very caring, highly competent professional.

27th April 2017
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

I had a severe heart problem needing investigation and treatment at approximately the same time as I had a very painful left knee which needed replacement thus making me practically housebound. It was essential for me to have my vascular problems brought to a satisfactory conclusion with medication before surgery on my knee could be considered. Throughout this time Mr.Shibu Krishnan kept fully in touch with me until eventually I was in the fortunate position of being able to be considered for surgery. Mr.Krishnan was at all times totally supportive, considerate and the utmost professional gentleman in his approach. The surgery has been a complete success and I give many thanks to him and his team for the care and attention I received before, during and after surgery. I have been given a new lease of life for which I am so grateful. Mr. Krishnan is a credit to his profession. Richard Bawden 27 April 2017

31st March 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Chiltern Hospital

I was fortunately to be given the option of three Orthopaedic Surgeon and in my case needed to specialise in knee surgery. Mr Krishnan stood out for me initially, due to the extensive professional write up and feedback from patients he has helped, I can honestly say without a question of doubt if you are considering this type of surgery then choosing Mr Krishnan you will feel you are in the hands of competent professional and will put your anxiety at ease as he places the patient at the forefront of his thinking. Big thanks to Mr Krishnan and the support team. Mark Darvill 31st March 2017

« 1 2 3 4 5 »