Mr Shibu Krishnan

Mr Shibu Krishnan is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon working at Wycombe and Stoke Mandeville Hospitals in Buckinghamshire. He specialises in knee and hip surgery with particular interests in knee arthroscopy, knee cartilage repair, partial knee replacement, total knee replacement, total hip replacement, revision knee replacement, revision hip replacement, minimally invasive surgery, sports injuries of the knee, anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction and trauma surgery. After obtaining his primary medical degree and Master of Science degree in Orthopaedics, Mr. Krishnan carried out a Clinical Research Fellowship at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore. During this period, he developed an interest in novel procedures for repairing damaged knee joint cartilage and cartilage implantation techniques. He has published several scientific articles on this topic in major international orthopaedic journals besides presenting them during various national and international scientific meetings. His other areas of research interests include the use of custom jigs for joint replacement surgery. He is also heavily involved with teaching and training, is an Associate member of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, and is a reviewer for the Bone and Joint Journal. Mr. Krishnan completed his Higher Surgical Training in Trauma and Orthopaedics on the prestigious North-West London Thames training programme (St. Mary’s –Charing Cross). Mr. Krishnan is committed to service development and clinical leadership and has completed a master’s level postgraduate certificate in Innovation and Improving Performance with the Teeside University and a level 7 qualification in Strategic Management and Leadership with the Chartered Management Institute.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

6th December 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Chiltern Hospital

I've recently recovered from a full right hip replacement carried out by Dr. Shibu Krishnan. The operation was carried out using minimal invasive surgery and after 8 weeks since the operation the scar has all but disappeared. My hip is totally pain free and walking 2 miles a day with no problems. I would highly recommend this doctor and compliment him on the hugely successful operation and if anyone is anticipating having their hip done - this is the man without doubt who will give you your life back.

1st December 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Chiltern Hospital

I had a partial left knee replacement carried out at the BMI Chiltern Hospital by Mr Krishnan six weeks ago and the results have been better than I expected. Before the operation everything was explained to me in detail and I found Mr Krishnan to be very diligent. I have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone considering knee surgery.

25th September 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Chiltern Hospital

I was assigned to Mr Shibu Krishnan to perform a total left hip replacement under the NHS in June 2017 at The Chiltern Hospital. What a kind and reassuring gentleman he is – he explained everything clearly to me and put my mind at rest as I was very nervous about the whole procedure. I need not have worried – Mr Krishnan and his team looked after me so well and performed a successful operation. He also gave me good advice to aid my recovery. Three months later in September 2017, I had my right hip replaced, also by Mr Krishnan and team – again very successfully. I cannot thank him enough – it is so good to be able to walk without pain, even only 2 weeks after the second operation. I've got my life back again! I would thoroughly recommend Mr Krishnan for his kindness, professionalism and skill.

25th June 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Chiltern Hospital

From the first time meeting Mr Krishnan he makes you fill comfortably in the way he is going to treat you. He answers all you questions in detail also took my fears away about having a totally hip replacement. Done a great job with no problems and my care was the best you could ask for. One thing I would recommend to do is to listen and do what Mr Krishnan tell you to do as it makes you healing process painless and easy to cope with. I would recommend Mr Krishnan to anyone, a very gifted surgeon.

5th June 2017
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

Mr Krishnan is an excellent surgeon, who did my total left knee replacement. He listened to me before the operation- particularly as my first knee replacement had been made rather more painful due to problems with my anaesthetic. He ensured I had excellent pre operation support. He was always reassuring and explained exactly what would happen during the operation. He visited me while I was still on the ward and also saw me at my one year post operative appointment - helpfully explaining about the difference in recovery between my two knees. He is a skilled professional and I have no hesitation in recommending him to other patients.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »