Dr Shanmugasundaram Ramkumar

• Oncology

27th April 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Southampton Hospital

Dr Ramkumar treated me for tonsil cancer after my diagnosis in Sept 2013. I have just had my 5 year all clear which is all down to Dr Ramkumar's skill, compassion and kindness. He is not just an extraordinary clinician but he helped me, my family and all those who supported me, cope and remain positive through out. He was always on hand whenever we needed him and his diligence and thoroughness was a constant reassurance for us. His manner is kind and unswerving. He did not hesitate to pick me up by the boot straps when I needed it and bolstered my family when they needed it. I cannot thank him enough for what he has given to me and my family - I have such a wonderful life with so many things that I now do and look forward to. He is an extraordinary person.

26th April 2018
Written by a carer at Spire Southampton Hospital

Dr Ramkumar did an incredible thing for our family. He saved my Mum's life and helped all of us through a very difficult time. This wasn't solely through his abilities but how personable he was. His confidence and his kind demeanour made us all feel at ease and reassured. He kept everyone positive and focused on what was a very trying time. He was always realistic and upfront with all information. I couldn't recommend him enough.

13th March 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Southampton Hospital

I have been a patient of Dr Ramkumar from Feb 2012 to the present day. I presented with inoperable head and neck cancers. Dr Ramkumar has taken great care of me and has a wonderful, kind manner, he explains everything in a way I understand. I have always had great confidence in Dr Ramkumar, trusting he is doing the very best he can for me. Dr Ramkumar has supported me throughout my cancer experience, making it for me, a very positive experience. I will be forever grateful to Dr Ramkumar for giving me time to see my children grow into beautiful, amazing adults, to celebrate my 30th wedding anniversary and best of all a future. I cannot recommend Dr Ramkumar highly enough.

Nearest Oncologists