dr-shanmugasundaram-ramkumar

Dr Shanmugasundaram Ramkumar

Written by a private patient at Spire Southampton Hospital
22nd September 2021

Dr Ram is easy to talk to, listens to me and has a great depth of knowledge concerning the treatment and care of Chordoma. He is at the forefront of Proton Beam Therapy to treat cancer lesions, especially Chordoma, in the UK. I was rejected for treatment by the NHS due to having multi-focal lesions and offered palliative photon radiotherapy which could have damaged my brain, eyes and hearing. That was in 2018. Dr Ram decided to offer me curative therapy of combined Photon/Proton therapy to minimise damage to other normal tissues. The result has been that I have stable or decreasing lesions and am able to lead a normal life. Thankyou so much!

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Southampton Hospital
23rd August 2021

It was a great shock to me when I was diagnosed with neck and throat cancer in 2019. I was informed that Doctor Ramkumar was to be my consultant and responsible for working out my treatment plan . I had heard fantastic feedback from colleagues that he is a great consultant and person so I felt very assured that I was in capable hands and would receive the best possible care and attention. Right from the very start Doctor Ramkumar went out of his way even taking time to contact me whilst on holiday to reassure me that my cancer was treatable with a very high success rate of complete recovery. He always had an upbeat frame of mind that assured me and helped with my fears associated with having cancer. He is a top consultant both professionally and compassionate and I will always be grateful for being under his care.

• Oncology

Consultant Clinical Oncologist specialising in non-surgical management (including Radiotherapy-IMRT/VMAT, Stereotactic Radiotherapy-SRS/SRT, Intraoperative Radiotherapy-IORT, Proton Beam Therapy-PBT, Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy and Low Level Laser Therapy treatments for Head and Neck cancer, Skull base tumours and Lower Gastrointestinal cancers

Nearest Oncologists