dr-shanmugasundaram-ramkumar

Dr Shanmugasundaram Ramkumar

20th June 2022

I have no hesitation in recommending Dr Ramkumar. His treatment has been important in assisting me with my recovery. A pleasant, highly professional individual.

31st March 2022

Dr.Ram was very kind and interested in how I was responding to treatment. He went out of his way to borrow equipment from the Pancreatic charity, which the hospital did not have, so that he could perform in-operation radiotherapy. He couldn’t have been kinder or more helpful.

29th March 2022

First met Dr 'Ram' ,as he is known, around May/June 2021when I was considering Proton Beam Therapy for a head/neck tumour following surgery ( as an alternative to the much more damaging x-ray therapy ). He patiently guided me through the process and, as a private patient, he also arranged a very acceptable deal for the process at the Rutherford Cancer Centre in Reading... Regular, interactive meetings during and after treatment followed and the result has been excellent.. Any initial side effects post treatment were easy to cope with and disappeared within a couple of months... Dr 'Ram' is at the 'top' of his field and very thorough and 'hands on'...Gets a 'topo' recommend from me..

10th March 2022

I have been under the care of Dr Ramkumar for 6 years and feel very privileged to have met him. I have always found him to be very caring and easy to talk to. He explains things very thoroughly and is always available to talk to. Thank you for being such a kind hearted and warm person.

10th March 2022

Dr Ramkumar took a holistic approach to my care. He was able to consider my whole life situation which included my baby and husband. He was both empathetic and pragmatic. At each stage of treatment he explained, with care and simple language, what was happening to my body. I have always been confident in his decisions as he continues to monitor my condition. I couldn’t have asked for more. Thank you from us all. We need more Dr Ramkumar’s in the world!

• Oncology

Consultant Clinical Oncologist specialising in non-surgical management (including Radiotherapy-IMRT/VMAT, Stereotactic Radiotherapy-SRS/SRT, Intraoperative Radiotherapy-IORT, Proton Beam Therapy-PBT, Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy and Low Level Laser Therapy treatments for Head and Neck cancer, Skull base tumours and Lower Gastrointestinal cancers

Nearest Oncologists